End of Empires - N3S III

Why is it going to be bloody Abaddon? *evil laugh*

Everyone who's PMed me so far, your orders look good; I don't need more detail (though feel free to send more).

Orders due when?

Are there any jungles to start in? If not, can I start in such? If not when will such lands appear?

I missed this earlier.

There are obviously jungles on this planet, but none on the current map, and I wouldn't expect them for quite some time. Your enthusiasm for the Cuotl is noted, though, and when I can fit them in, I will let you know. :)

Neverwonagame, Saturday is preferable, but Monday is the technical due date.

Why must you start a new NES when I'm about to leave for a month? :(

I'll join on or around 6/28, presuming this NES is still around...

Why must you start a new NES when I'm about to leave for a month? :(

Starting a culture now means it's around for a while, you know. Cultures don't need a constant guidance to keep them going. :)

Here's a little story I typed up. It isn't meant to be too serious or anything. It's also my first story for an NES.

It was a bright, sunny day. The Sku Family trackers were roaming around, keeping watch for any signs of the madman. Many rumors were around that there was a madman killing farmers and stealing their crops at night. This had reached the ears of the Sku Family and soon they were out and about in every field and tree looking for the evil man who had upset the peaceful community.

Sku trackers are known for their determination, but not for their brains. By the end of the first day of hunting there were only a couple hints as to where the madman was. There was also a couple over excited Sku trackers whom suffered injuries from falling out of trees and other similar investigating mishaps.

The second day proved to be much more eventful. The madman had struck again, this time at a small farm, a farm that bordered a village with a Sku tracker residing in it. It was learned that the tracker was able to shoot the madman with an arrow before the madman went into the tall grass of the savanna. Within a couple hours this news spread to about ten more trackers in a nearby village. This time they’d get the criminal.

Normally, you’d expect a well thought out plan on catching a person who had killed a couple people, maybe even just a simple strategy to follow. Well, that was not the case; the trackers went into a fit of rage as they learned of the madman’s location. The trackers dashed into the field that the madman was said to have retreated into. Soon, one of the Sku tripped over a man with an arrow sticking out of his foot. It appeared that he had passed out from blood loss.

“Wooyeee!” Yelled the tracker that had found the madman.

“Looks like we found ya. You pert’near got away. But it appears that belly of yours is bigger than your brain. Should have just ran away.” The lead tracker said.

Well, the execution wasn’t too pretty. It involved the Sku taking target practice at the criminal with their bows. After that they just chucked him into a river announced their success to other families. Surely their success would be noted by other families seeking protection. The Sku would be protecting the big farming families like the Fridi Family. They'd be on easy street then.

This could not be farther from the truth. It turned out they had actually shot the farmer that was fighting with the madman. Once the madman heard the Sku tracker coming he ran off. The confused tracker then came to the conclusion that 1. The farmer was either dead or he had run away and that 2. He was looking at the madman.

The Sku were soon the laughing stock of all the nearby villages. The trackers who had killed the farmed were themselves executed for such a tragic error. Many Sku eventually merged into other families due to the lack of purpose they felt. They had failed as trackers, and as such needed to find a new purpose. Many decided to go into families which didn’t require a lot of brains to be effective in, like in fishing families or farming families. This event gave birth to the insult “You think like a Sku!”

A couple days after the Sku mess up the madman was found by some farmers, asleep under a tree. The madman was shot by an arrow in the head while he slept. A couple farmers accomplished what a group of trackers could not.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I’d like to note that the Sku family had about 50 members. Most are distantly related and roam about in small groups from 2 to 5 members. This would be considered small compared to later families.

/smeagolvoice

Oh, it will be, preciouses, it will be.

---

I'm still trying to figure out my culture. I've almost got it down though, so look for a template this weekend. Probable area will be the southern range of the steppe/northwestern range of the desert and northern river valley.

@North King: Did you receive my orders? I'm terribly sorry, I distinctly remember sending you some with a little note on RiskNES at the bottom, but I can't seem to find it in my sent items.

Thats a no heh? I don't mind playing alone even just to get my people destroyed leaving only statues in the jungles behind them... (destroyed from any reason you want self-destruct or outer-destruct) I always wanted to imagine how would a jungle filled with with statues pyramids etc... would look like as a landscape :)

Here it is a little later than expected but better late than never.

Ferman
Starting Location:

Society: The Ferman people generally form around single leaders. Often offering complete loyalty to this person. This person is generally chosen Hereditary and the ruler is given the title of Emperor.
Lineage: Hereditary
Values: Power, Loyalty, Friendship
Religion(s): Multiple Gods generally of nature (The Sea, trees, stars etc). The main Gods are the Gods of the Stars and the moon.
Language(s): [Add a description of your people’s language, including, if applicable, their writing system]
Mythos: The Ferman people are believed to have come from the stars. The brightest star Zet is believed to have been the creator of all life and Ferman people. The Ferman people originated in the nearby woods and gradually moved to their current position near the coast as they grew more reliant on fishing for sustainance.
Economic Base: Heavy reliance on fishing and hunting for food, Limited farming and animal husbandry at this time, weak shipbuilding ability, weak mining extraction, weak timber extraction
Nation Names: Furmon, Hurag, Milett, Peren
Person Names: Uron, Raek, Poild, Fedsan
Place Names: Kern Ocean, Hilbera Forest

My starting location has already been included into the other map that everyone is using so that's sorted. If possible I would like my nation to be green but any colour will do. :)

Thats a no heh? I don't mind playing alone even just to get my people destroyed leaving only statues in the jungles behind them... (destroyed from any reason you want self-destruct or outer-destruct) I always wanted to imagine how would a jungle filled with with statues pyramids etc... would look like as a landscape :)

Sorry, but I'm taking a strict line here: no starts outside of the cradle. I want everyone nice and crowded.

OOC : How do we send orders without an income or update zero?

Just tell me how you want your civilization to develop from its dawn to, say, the early Bronze Age.

I guess I could join as a semi-culture until you let me be the "godly ones".

Hmmm... Let us see how much nonsense my brain can produce...

Nahsjad
Starting Location: Somewhere in the middle of the large northern desert where there are no rivers.
Society: The Nahsjad live in hundreds of small tribes that fight and trade with each other. This way the outskirts tribes bring food from outside while the inner tribes produce desert-based luxury resources. This trade based existence created two vast roads that the people name Luska (the coastal road) and Ushka (the inner road). This two roads are considered gods of productivity and richness. The cultures are based on trade and money and the wealthier you are the more influence you have in your tribe and across the desert. While all the tribes always move around the deserts they keep close to the god-roads and some of the bigger ones even produce great temples and monuments for their trade gods (just to leave them behind as they move). A culture of moving, architectural geniuses (in sand stone) which economy is based on land trade and inner fighting.
Lineage: The people have been in the deserts for as long as they remember.
Values: Wealth and a large family usually means power inside a single tribe. Only great wealth can give influence among several tribes.
Religion(s): Many polytheistic religions spread into the Nahsjad but in each of them the two trade gods Luska and Ushka always take central power.
Language(s): Many languages reached the Nahsjad but usually new languages that arrive are mixed and matched into the ancient Nahsjad dialect (which is one of the simplest in the known world) and soon become well known to all Nahsjad.
Mythos: The Nahsjad believe they once were desert beasts that lived from the desert but after the trade gods came they changed them into humans (each person has a desert animal as an astrological sign) and gave them trade and warfare.
Economic Base: All economy comes in this way: outsiders and desert outskirts bring food while inner desert brings luxuries. All economy is trade based. Raids on each other's tribes are common.
Nation Names: Malik, Tenjuin, Katart, Mahji, Uhsjad
Person Names: male: Tok, Raek, Turin, Maj, Uhlam, Thulam female: Reka, Jad, Khaha, Jamen
Place Names: seas: Jaud Narah, Kasud Narah roads: Luska, Ushka our desert: Jadhai others desert: Haijhad middle river: Alkhem rest of world: Alkhemanjed

If you want me to write what each thing would mean in English just ask ;) Everything god reasons.

North King I have edited my template on page three to a final version. I'll submit orders tomorrow.

How long until the update?

The Salgaron are here!

The Salgaron

Starting Location:

Society: The usual collection of peoples (nobles, Priests etc attempting to garner power, Despot trying to stop them and the Poor living on). The most revered are the warriors, who hold much sway as they are the protectors and the expanders of this nation. Women face much more difficult upward social mobility, although a route is open through the priesthood ((Cheers Kal)) Wealth is the main dividor of society.
Lineage: Eldest Child, Parents' Discretion
Values: Money, Achievement, Trust, Victory
Religion(s): Animalistic Polythesium. The people beleive in many different, animal based gods. A River snake guards the waters, a cow the god of fertifilty etc.. all rather loosly described, but with "religous leaders" moving in on the act and building temples an thus starting to organise religion a bit more.
Language(s): A simple language in regards to the number of words, but with expression and hand gestures also incorperated quite complex discussions can be had
Mythos: An endless flowing river~like a seed that germinates in the fertile banks, so did the Salgarons. They now ply the river for its bounty, also as numbers grow spreading into the land around it.
Economic Base: Herding, Agriculture, Fishing, Trade
Nation Names: Salgaron, Saragon, Serat, Sulawy, Tinker
Person Names: Akbul Sala, Joaquin Rafael, Ule Metan
Place Names: Saragon, Tynet, Minsk, Salgaron, Senet
General Description: A riverbased nation, with all that you would expect from this. Riverbourn trade and aquaculture, with its bountious banks being farmed. A wealth hungry nation, greedy for more power.

I don't really have an idea to write into the orders... So I will assume my culture idea should be enough to know what to do with it...

Top Bottom