Caveman 2 Cosmos

2) Because in the early game killing the Animals is a good way to get your city started and there also a lot of things you can build from the animals. (at last in the Game Version 1.47 ^^)

I understand that bit and it's all well and good, my only problem is with volume. I just want to know if there's a way to prevent millions of animals from spawning every other turn as I feel like I spend most of the early game moving animals that I've captured towards cities.

No joy :cry:
I actually reinstalled CIV 4 completely as I was having problems with a couple other mods and thought maybe something got messed up or it was just the vast amount of mods I had. At any rate, I downloaded 15.1. I started a Play Now! game as I wanted to turn of Neanderthals so I wouldn't get those thousands spawning by my cities and the User Settings folder only had files in it after I start a game. So then, it crashes at the same point, I get into the game and click OK to start and I get "Civilization IV has stopped working..."

Was able to load a game fine after loading up 15+the update.

Re: the issue with many of the Prehistoric Era techs already researched at the start. Noticed this to, but only when I loaded up a game on Noble, the other difficulties I tried (Settler, Monarch and Deity) all had you research the Prehistoric techs as normal.

Noticed a minor issue with tech costs. The most expensive techs at the end of the game on the larger maps end up costing 1 beaker. My guess is this is because the numbers get too big and read 0 as a result (a factor of 2 thing...). Seems the solution to this is to make sure the number isnt too big for the most expensive tech on Gigantic, Deity setting.

some notes on religion.
i thing religions should decay slower. there was a case where i used a prophet to spread thereligion and after 3 turns the religion was gone from the city

also another big problem. except my state religion i build both temple and monastery of ANOTHER RELIGION but in the end the people in the city gave up on the religion. this should not happen when you build both temple and Monastery.

@Koshling

In my recent game i found a lone barbarian vulture. There was no city nearby (i was on an island) so I have no idea why it would be there. Can you make sure barbarians cannot make ex-unique units? Not sure if there is a way to have a list of units it cannot build or making a new tag for the units that make it so barbarians cannot build them. Its just very weird since the need a building to build them.

@Koshling

In my recent game i found a lone barbarian vulture. There was no city nearby (i was on an island) so I have no idea why it would be there. Can you make sure barbarians cannot make ex-unique units? Not sure if there is a way to have a list of units it cannot build or making a new tag for the units that make it so barbarians cannot build them. Its just very weird since the need a building to build them.

As far as I can tell from the code, when deciding to spawn a barbarian unit in hidden neutral territory, the game just picks a random one that could, in principal, be built by the barbarian player at that time. A spawned unit rather than a built one has no associated city, so no building pre-reqs are checked. I suggest changing this to simply omit all units types that have building pre-reqs from those that can be directly spawned in fog-of-war neutral areas.

I don't really have a test case for this so it'll be hard to be sure it has solved your problem (since I am only theorizing about the source of the Vulture in your case), but it's a very simple and low-irsk chnage so if you agree I'll go ahead and make it.

Yeah that sounds fine. The only problem i see is that units such as mounted, canoes, wooden ships and siege weapons are all linked to building req. This would mean that the barbs could not make those either.

However if a barbarian has a city with the proper requirements can they still build units that require buildings? Because i would still like that to be an option for barbarians. Just no random building limited units appearing out of nowhere.

Maybe related, maybe not :
One civ was formed from a barb city (BarbCiv option enabled), and it had Koa which require Culture (Polynesia) and Alchesay? or something which require Culture (Apache) as the starting unit. It did not have Culture building at all.

Yeah that sounds fine. The only problem i see is that units such as mounted, canoes, wooden ships and siege weapons are all linked to building req. This would mean that the barbs could not make those either.

However if a barbarian has a city with the proper requirements can they still build units that require buildings? Because i would still like that to be an option for barbarians. Just no random building limited units appearing out of nowhere.

Yes, barb city builds would not be effected. Just directly spawned units.

hello... i think it is about 8 months that i was way.. Now i am back again playing the C2C 15. Great job, great improve...Congrats to all the team and mostly to Hydromancerx.
I got a probelm with a saved game. I cannot discover the "steel" technology. Because of the marathon game speed it is about 15 turns to discover a techonology. It shows that it needs 1 turn to discover it. Every turn that i try to discover steel technology, my investigations points for the technology go to minus (-). For example it shows -12376/10929 points for the techonlogy. Now this happened with 2 other techonogies(theory od relativety and telegraph). All the other technologies are going normal until now.
Here is what it says:

Spoiler :

I also attached the saved game. Please help, :)

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1846-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    946.8 KB · Views: 88
some notes on religion.
i thing religions should decay slower. there was a case where i used a prophet to spread the religion and after 3 turns the religion was gone from the city

also another big problem. except my state religion i build both temple and monastery of ANOTHER RELIGION but in the end the people in the city gave up on the religion. this should not happen when you build both temple and Monastery.

what about this:confused:

Yes. Make sure you have "Assimilation" checked off at the beginning of your custom game. In doing so any city you take over will be able to build the unique building for that civ. For example if you are Vikings you get Culture (European), which allows for cultures like Culture (Roman) or Culture (French). However if you take over say the Native American civ it allows you to build Culture (American) which in turn allows for cultures like Culture (Aztec) or Culture (Apache). Understand? The more types of civs you take over the more cultures you can unlock. Note that there is only one Oceania civ which is Australia which unlocks cultures like Culture (Aborigine), Culture (Polynesian) or Culture (Maori).

Some of these cultures require a particular resource to be in the vicinity of the city to create. Actually, some have 2 requirements (maybe more). If the player chooses a Civ, let's say the Romans (which I often play), will his starting city have the appropriate resources nearby to acquire the Roman culture (eventually)? I think Roman culture requires Olives so would there be an Olive resource near the starting area?

Some of these cultures require a particular resource to be in the vicinity of the city to create. Actually, some have 2 requirements (maybe more). If the player chooses a Civ, let's say the Romans (which I often play), will his starting city have the appropriate resources nearby to acquire the Roman culture (eventually)? I think Roman culture requires Olives so would there be an Olive resource near the starting area?

No, starting locations are still random. You have to find Olive and build a city next to it if you want Culture (Rome).

I cleaned out the cache folder but it's still crashing. This time I tried a different map - Perfect World instead of continents and changed a couple of options. It got to the point where it shows my civ's leader but when I click "continue" it crashed to desktop.

Here is what I want to do to help with Neanderthals, and also lay some other foundations. Treat this as a proposal for comment. It's not hard to do (like a day's work):

Introduce a new XML file Civ4UnitSpawnInfo.xml, which defines directly-spawning (as in not built in cities) units and how they spawn. An example info would look something like this:

Code:
<UnitSpawnInfo>
	<Type>UNIT_SPAWN_NEANDERTHAL</Type>
	<UnitType>UNIT_NEANDERTHAL</UnitType>
	<StartYear>-11500</StartYear>
	<EndYear>-5000</EndYear>
	<SpawnBonuses>
		<BonusType>BONUS_NEANDERTHAL_CAVE</BonusType>
	</SpawnBonuses>
	<SpawnRate>10</SpawnRate>
	<MaxPopulationDensity>10</MaxPopulationDensity>
</UnitSpawnInfo>

Each <SpawnInfo> in the file defines the way one type of unit spawns during a particular timeframe (you can have multiple spawn infos for the same unit type if you want, for instance to modify the spawn rate over time).

Tags operate as follows:

Type - unique id for this spawn info
UnitType - the type of unit which will spawn from processing this spawn info
StartYear - first game year the spawn starts operating (could use eras but I wanted finer control)
EndYear - when it stops operating
SpawnBonuses - list of the bonus types from which the spawn occurs. Spawns may happen on any such bonus in neutral territory if it is not occupied (even if visible, else it's too easy to stop them all)
SpawnRate - average number of turns between spawns for any given bonus plot
MaxPopulationDensity - number of tiles/per this unit type in the local area after which the spawn will be inhibitted

The advantages of doing this in the DLL and controlling it through XML are:

1. XML modding is easier so it'll be easier for modders to fiddle with and make new uses of
  2. DLL based code is higher performance so it will impose less overheads than doing it in Python
  3. It's a generic system that can be used for a number of purposes. Obviously Neanderthals, but also potentially animals, or future alien menaces

Obviously this could just spawn Neanderthals from existing bonuses, but I'd quite like to see a Neanderthal Cave bonus added anyway. It could allow buildings (Neanderthal embassy obviously) for cities that have it as a vicinity bonus, but also have continued use after Neanderthal spawns have stopped - e.g. - archaelogical dig building, that requires a neranderthal cave in the vicinity and yields a science boost.

I won't jump into this if those that would be likely to make use of it (DH primarily I would think, Hydro maybe) don't think it's a good idea, but I repeat - it's very easy to do.

Opinions...?

hello... i think it is about 8 months that i was way.. Now i am back again playing the C2C 15. Great job, great improve...Congrats to all the team and mostly to Hydromancerx.
I got a probelm with a saved game. I cannot discover the "steel" technology. Because of the marathon game speed it is about 15 turns to discover a techonology. It shows that it needs 1 turn to discover it. Every turn that i try to discover steel technology, my investigations points for the technology go to minus (-). For example it shows -12376/10929 points for the techonlogy. Now this happened with 2 other techonogies(theory od relativety and telegraph). All the other technologies are going normal until now.
Here is what it says:

Spoiler :

I also attached the saved game. Please help, :)

I tried to look at this, but the game you attached is not a max compatibility save so I can't load it. Can you attach a max compat save exhibiting the problem please. Also, since this problem (or at least the known cases of it) were fixed in V15 can you confirm that is what you are running?

Top Bottom