Fairy Tale Download and Info

I am currently in a game as Harun Al Rashid trying to win my first cultural victory and making and ally of way backwards Askia Mohammed, keeping Gandhi on friendly terms and making ready to destroy the increadibly annoying Oda Nabonaga. I will give one of his cities to Songhai in the hope of soon making a Defensive pact. I do not know why, but I just think Askia looks cool, so I want to help him more than Gandhi, and Oda threatened me, so I am not happy with him. Glad I have Camel Archers and Longswordsmen while Oda still fights with swordsmen. I have a slight lack of strategic resources you see and could need some more.

LOL! I went on looks to choose my friends in the previous game as well. I hate Ramkhamshangaengham, and unlucky me - he started off far away from my Russian Empire, which meant that I had to let him live for the most part of the game. When the time for invasion came, I executed a really satisfying blitzkrieg on him and wiped the floor with him with far superior numbers.

For the next game, I'll play either Japan or England. I haven't chosen yet. I loved Elizabeth in my previous game so much that I even reinstituted her after she had been conquered by Persia. she has the best diplomusic ever too; I think it was played as a theme in the film "Gods and Generals" too (highly recommended film BTW; and its great sequel too).

(Me ranting again)

The only problem with Oda is that he claimed the territory I settled a city on and settled a city on the place I wanted to settle on to give to Askia to celebrate our friendship... and he is going to pay for that. I still play on chieftain though, so I wonder how hard it will be to conquer him when I am playing on higher difficulties. Will play on higher difficulties after I have won once iwth every leader and achieved every special goal such as the Conquer the world before 350BC as Alexander.

For right now I am going to concentrate on learning Elemental WoM....it may not be as polished as Civ5 right now but it is a lot of fun though; I love having it where your leader is not simply a face but is an actual in game character....and being able to create your own units simply rocks! :D Also I think this game has a lot of possibilities for ideas for the Fairy Tale mod....

I'm looking forward to testing Elemental myself soon. The fact that you can design your own units looks really interesting! We could perhaps do a Fairy Tale mod for that game as well. "The World of Fairy Tale", or something, because the modding possibilities seem good enough over there.

I'm looking forward to testing Elemental myself soon. The fact that you can design your own units looks really interesting!
Not just units...you can also design factions (equivalent to civs in Civ), maps, spells and leaders too. As you research technologies and get better weapons, you can design custom units with better weapons and armor, dress them as you want and even name them...then once you design them, you can build them. :D Here is a post about unit creation. ALso the developers are continually improving and refining the game engine.
We could perhaps do a Fairy Tale mod for that game as well. "The World of Fairy Tale", or something, because the modding possibilities seem good enough over there.
Oh definitely. :D BTW Right now I'm playing as Boudica with the Celt Faction (which I created myself....) :D turned out quite nicely.

I am going to make Vestalla an own scenario. They should have a greater role in the final Great War, I think.

The Latest

OK. Fairy Tale 2 will take a while, since Civ5 is nothing like a game yet. I will give it a hundredth chance though, since I think I have to wait for the patch and Genghis khan and the other stuff to really get to see what the game will be like in a finished state.

In the meantime, there will be a major update of this Fairy Tale 1, since it is nowhere near finished yet. There are a couple of bugs to be addressed in a patch, and I'll also do a more substantial update soon to add more material to the Civilopedia and some new units (SaibotLieh has a couple of new ones I need), among other things. Oh yeah, and a Persian/Central Asian civ should be added too!

Watch this thread for news!

Oh yeah, and a Persian/Central Asian civ should be added too!

Watch this thread for news!

I guess you saw Bakuel's new units ;)

They are whispering to me: "Please use me. Please make me into a Fairy Tale unit. I'll do anything." :D

The quality of our civ4 units is amazing. Bakuel, Danrell, SeZereth, Deliverator, SaibotLieh and all the others. They all deserve the Knightly Order of the Red Rose of The Elven Federation with Three Golden Leafs!

That one will go into the next update as the Kraken we planned. There are a few other SaibotLieh units I'm adding too. Excellent job, SaibotLieh!

First, I have to finish a Beta Version of a Hundred Years' War mod I'm working on for civ5. It's really hard work learning the new modding functions and right now I'm stuck in creating icons for my two leaders! Aargh! I hope to have the Hundred Years' War up later tonight though, as a first Beta.

I have an idea!
I saw SaibotLieh just made a fabolous Snowman improvement. My idea is that if he could make an animated Snowman Unit, we could use it as a world unit and name it Frosty the Snowman. While not as strong as the emperor, it could be fun to include him.

I believe HighwayHoss was indeed working on something back then. He was adding more religions and made the Lore-specific religions assigned to the proper kingdoms, like The Eagle Order is assigned to the Principality from the start. We have to ask him about it when he shows up. I think he's modding Elemental right now.

Top Bottom