My future plans for HEFT.

Highwayhoss

Red Lantern of Civ4 Earth
As we all know, Le Sage has discontinued work on the FT expansion due to file loss and other factors. However, while he is working on Civ5, I am planning to do a new version of HEFT that will make changess and additions to Fairy Tale. So here's what I hope to eventually add to the Latest version of Hoss Enhanced Fairy Tale:
  • Unique Traits for each leader-this has been already posted as a beta will incorporate into HEFT with any tweaks necessary.
  • Vestalla revised- new unit artstyle and history for Vestalla, plan to make it a Greek/Roman/Byzantine based civ; also plan to add a new leader.
  • Expanded Navy-Looking to add new Naval units; expand naval combat in FT.
  • Religion-Complete change in religions to value/alignment system similar to Final Frontier.
This is tentative at this point; I am open to other changes and additions.

I think those are good enhancement for FT. It's too bad that FT expansion has been called due to unexpected situation, but I understand the frustration of losing one's work.

I haven't been able to tested the unique traits you made in the other thread (I've downloaded it), since I've been busy with other stuff. However, it's got potential, and I like the idea of it. The Religion's complete overhaul is another thing I am looking forward to.

I am looking forward to your enhancements and I will be uploading everything to ModDB as we go. I will play and comment on all patches too and I am sure I will love them, since I've left Fairy Tale 1 in the best hands I could ever have hoped to find.

I found an early backup of Fairy Tale Heroes, HighwayHoss. I published the link in the Expansion thread, and if you want, you can continue to build on that too. It will supply your updates with the impressive SaibotLieh units, at least, and three new nations ready to go, with those three beautiful queens too!

I am currently offline quite a lot. We've moved to a new flat and don't have a reliable Internet Connection yet (I am using the slow USB modem right now, and I let my GF use that mostly because she has fish on Facebook to feed!). I will now test your traits update thoroughly and play a few good games of Fairy Tale 1 while being cut off from the world. ;)

Perhaps you can do a fantasy Water War...small islands, but lands give bigger yields for food, production and water tiles with possible improvements, if possible.

Would be better with ships being a focus instead of land units.

You would also need new victory conditions for this. Perhaps a gold piece marker for gold earned, raided, etc.

Just some random thoughts.

Hey Highway,

Just something I wanted to bounce off you,

When playing multiplayer games, my wife plays the Thorashammir (sp?) quite often. We've both noticed that every game (and I mean every game), she always starts at or near tons of tundra and ice with very few grasslands. It sometimes take a while for her to get started.

Did you guys code it so they always start in the very north of south of the map where all the tundra is? It's too many game starts where it has been coincidence.

Hey Highway,

Just something I wanted to bounce off you,

When playing multiplayer games, my wife plays the Thorashammir (sp?) quite often. We've both noticed that every game (and I mean every game), she always starts at or near tons of tundra and ice with very few grasslands. It sometimes take a while for her to get started.

Did you guys code it so they always start in the very north of south of the map where all the tundra is? It's too many game starts where it has been coincidence.
No I didn't code anything like that....I will check it out, see what I find. Which maps are you using?

Just put in Unique traits, am revamping Vestalla putting in new Unit artstyle, making them a Byzantine style civilization. Also rewrote the text, added a new leader and renamed the leaders.
Making sure everything works.

Next I will work on the tech tree....want to clean it up and add new techs...also have some ideas on the new religions.

It's a multiplayer game so we can only use custom maps. We usually do the Planet Generator_68, 5 continents, 10 players. Would be nice if we could play an MP game using some of the scenario maps.

Jennvare, what do you think of the idea of adding new resources specifically for tundra and ice? Or possibly improvements specifically for ice and tundra tiles; that should help. Any ideas or suggestions?

Why not include something in the Dwarven leaders' specific Traits that gives them bonuses from Terrain Tundra and Ice? After all, these are a northern race which thrive in such conditions.

Highway, LeSage,

Tundra and Ice improvments, most certainly. It is possible to make it so certaic civs get different yeilds on different terrains. I only know this because Fall from Heaven allows one race to treat tundra and ice like grassland and only they can do it.

Some of these maybe corny, but I'm just going off the top of my head here:

Tundra, Ice Improvements

Igloo - +1 commerce - much like a cottage
Winter Lodge (forest tundra/ice) +2 food
Allow workshops for tundra/ice

Maybe have these in a tech "Winter Survival" or some such or simply give it to those nations that normally start in such conditions. This way, it can't be researched by everyone or be traded.

City Improvments:

"Greenhouse Garden"
"Cattle Ranch" +5% food (requires pig, elk, beaver, deer, cow)

Just a few I can think of really quick. Maybe I can come up with more as I think on this or if you guys have some ideas as well.

Fixing the water wells would also be good also for fresh water. That is still not working with the latest version and patch.

Jennvare, Le Sage, I am thinking of going for the simplest approach of adding improvements and resources specifically tailored for ice and tundra...this is something I felt Civ4 needed anyway.

Some ideas:
Winter lodge improvement: +1 :food: and +1 :hammers: build on snow and tundra.
Fungus resource: +1 :food: tundra only build camp for additional +1 :food: .
Look for animals that live in Snow,tundra only.
Buildings that add food to the city tile itself (might have the granary do this while reducing the food storage pct to 25 for balance.) This is in fact something that is rarely used in Civ4; the additional output tags for the city tile.
Additional :food: would be handy for towns with less food while additional :hammers: would help towns with few mines.

I did some fixing on the water well will check to make sure it works.

Top Bottom