Master of Mana Xtended 4.0

Quick feedback about Dural units:

-warrior really needs better icon
-I don't think that mercenary arms should be visible in civpedia as one of UU, and it should get renamed to mercenary swordsman/man at arms or something like this.

Good catch on mercenary, will be fixed on next version.

On Warrior, let me see other icons. I don't want to add more icons/arts because that will make me do more, more and more, lol.

Hey, welcome back esvath!

The dreams of my sleeples nights come true and my favorite most time consuming game mod ever will be developed further. This is fatastic news. ATM i'm very buisy but i will contribute at least some bug reports and ideas.

cheerio!
Psychodad

Thank you esvath! But why some maps like erebuscontinent are so "wide"? I liked the previous syle more. Or am I just missing some setup?

again: Thanks you! I still play these modmods. :)

I am not knowledgeable with map scripts, so I could not help you on that. Maybe Carnival Bizarre or someone else might?

my my...; it seems the civ-machine will heat up again :D

A new version, thank you! downloading right now

Hey, welcome back esvath!

Thanks mates! It's nice to be here and seeing you all are still interested in this modmodmod.

Edit: a few days ago I stumbled upon Fall from Heaven subreddit and found that Kael is posting there! I found some inspirations there and wow, reading that subreddit brought back memories of good old days!

I am not knowledgeable with map scripts, so I could not help you on that. Maybe Carnival Bizarre or someone else might?

If you tell me which map you want slightly eddited and by how much. I can make some custom map edits for you...

Excited to see some of the old gang back together. Gives me a reason to reinstall Civ 4 and re-add MoM and Extended :)

Esvasth, whare you plans about balancing this great mod ?

There are huge differences of power between Aristarkh, Hippus, Sheaims etc.

If you tell me which map you want slightly eddited and by how much. I can make some custom map edits for you...

Personally, I am impartial with map scripts. I just use Lakes or Pangaea. So maybe other users can give their opinions on map scripts?

Excited to see some of the old gang back together. Gives me a reason to reinstall Civ 4 and re-add MoM and Extended :)

Yeah, it makes me happy too! :goodjob:

Esvasth, whare you plans about balancing this great mod ?

There are huge differences of power between Aristarkh, Hippus, Sheaims etc.

I think the best plan for balance is from discussions and actual game experience. So feel free to post your thought on balance here or maybe opening a new thread to discuss that? Just bear in mind that in Xtended, each civ/religion/magic school/guild will have different flavour/asymmetrical gameplay.

For example: Sheaim is a magic heavy civ. Thus, instead of spending beakers researching military techs to get +2 strength, it is better for you to stockpile mana (and get +affinity strength) and focus on arcane research. Actively do everything that can drive AC high and you will be rewarded with lots of strong demonic units.

In contrast, Bannor is very military heavy civ. Even their mages get +2 strength from military techs. So it is more beneficial for you to pursue mundane research instead of arcane one. Order Bannor is the most anti-magic civ I can imagine because of Bannor unit roster and Order's hate on magic (-1 spell research per culture level per city from Tribute to Junil).

With that in mind, I am open with balance suggestion etc and truly value inputs. So, please do share your opinion on the balance and discuss it. :)

Good catch on mercenary, will be fixed on next version.

On Warrior, let me see other icons. I don't want to add more icons/arts because that will make me do more, more and more, lol.

Perhaps simply use some standard civ4 icon? Spearman or phalanx for example?

Hey guys, what map is best for a full flavor Erebus game? I've been starting games on maps and then immediately going into the World Editor but it seems like only the MoM map has the special landmarks but only the ErebusContinent map has anything resembling a well created world.

So my problem is that I want a map with the full flavor landmarks (such as tower of eyes) but also a map that isn't basically all land with tiny lakes.

Hi,
i have played your modmodmod with a friend in coop(as one Team) and we found some bugs and some things where we dont know if it is want that way^^.
From the Start: English is not my native language, so sry for mistakes in this post:

If one of us have researched the Tech where you choose your Religion, exactly the other player can choose the religion and only by him the religion will spread. The Other player has no chance to get an other or the same religion if the first player dont spread it to him. And if the two players are far away from each other...bad luck for player 2 xD.
Would be nice, if both player can choose a Religion or when the choosen Religion spread in both Captitals.

We had a ?bug? where goblins with strengh 93 raided our lands. They came all from the same goblin fortress. Dont know if it is wantet that the goblins can be this strong ^^. We only could kill them with a lot of magic attacks^^.

If one Player activate a Global Enchantment, the other player have it too and must pay the mana upkeep for it too. Would be nice if each player in one team have their own upkeed Enchantments, but not rly a bug^^.

Sometimes worktroops dont interrupt their Work if enemies were near, so they were killed. But i have seen this in many mods and dont know if you can fix that^^.

In Team: If player A research a Tech where he get an Unit, its random if player A get it, or player B...not rly fair. Same things with Guilds. If player A research it, player B decides which Guild. And yes, we then speak to each other and decide together, but dont know if it is wantet this way ^^.

If you start in a Team with one player as the Grigori, both player can choose a Guild at the start of the game. Dont know if it is wantet this way. I Think it is because of the start tech of the grigori.

If you tech a Guild with Culture, then the Game freeze. If you know go to the tech tree and then back, all is ok. Its a bug, but not a bad one, easy to fix ingame with the techtree ^^.

Yes.....i hope some of them will help you.
We rly like this mod, so we hope that you will work at it more in the future :)
When we have more games, maybe we will find more things that looks like bugs or balance issues^^.

greetings from germany
Drackzahn / Aiblis

esvath said:
Xtended 5.0 (17 September 2016)

:eek: nice nice nice :eek:

esvath said:
Change Log:
Grigori: Adventurers no longer have Hero from start. Instead, they have small chance to gain Hero promotion after winning battle. Spells to transform Adventures to various units requires Hero promotion.

Seems a bit too much of a nerf to me. What % is it ?
Imo the adventurer is only too powerfull because you can rush gold in order to get strong unit really early. Is it possible to make some upgrade linked to a tech ?

esvath said:
Instructions:
Download Master of Mana from Sourceforge.
Download Xtended 5.0 from here.
Unzip Xtended 5.0.
Copy-and-replace the Asset folder from Xtended 5.0 to Master of Mana.
I never know if i need to uninstall/reinstall Mom or just copy/replace the Asset when i already have Xtended.

Hi,
i in coop(as one Team) ...

If one of us have researched the Tech where you choose your Religion, exactly the other player can choose the religion and only by him the religion will spread.

I have play many coop game in other FFH2 mods and i had the same bug. It was always the player finishing the tech that get the religion ... the other player get nothing. As a team you share tech, but apparently the effect trigger only once.

If you start in a Team with one player as the Grigori, both player can choose a Guild at the start of the game. Dont know if it is wantet this way. I Think it is because of the start tech of the grigori.
Exactly.
When in a team you share tech, as the Grigori free guild is from the starting tech, the other player get it.

I have play many coop game in other FFH2 mods and i had the same bug. It was always the player finishing the tech that get the religion ... the other player get nothing. As a team you share tech, but apparently the effect trigger only once.

By all other FFH2 mods i have played: yes. But at this mod, the exactly other player alwasy could choose the Religion over the Pop Up and gets the Religion in his Capital.
Would be cool if both player alwasy can choose their Religion, so both player have the chance to get a Religion in their capital^^.

Exactly.
When in a team you share tech, as the Grigori free guild is from the starting tech, the other player get it.

I think you dont understand what i mean^^.
By all other Guild techs, like Barter, only one player can choose a Guild, and then both get them, because of shared Technologie. But at the Grigori start tech, both player can choose => 2 Guilds at the start => 6 guilds in the endgame....little too strong :)

Sry for bad english,
greetings from germany
Aiblis / Drackzahn

Hello.

Does the mod work in multiplayer without OSS ?

Would it be possible to include the bugfix of the Quarries ? We still have the bug which make that the quarries don't profit from the wonders. It's easy to do the debug manually on the XML files but it's annoying to have to do it. ^^

Where is the Changelog between 4.0/4.1 and 5.0?

Here you go. It's on the previous page.

Xtended 5.0 (17 September 2016)

Change Log:

1. Bugfixes by Carnival Bizarre.
  2. Balances and tweaks to existing units and promotions.
    • Grigori: Adventurers no longer have Hero from start. Instead, they have small chance to gain Hero promotion after winning battle. Spells to transform Adventures to various units requires Hero promotion.
    • Archmagi are no longer buildable (have to be upgraded from level 10+ Mage). This will make Liches more useful (hints!).
    • Some units from Guilds are restricted to certain number. That way, civ's UUs will still play important role. H
    • Affinity is no longer capped. Hoard that mana node!
    • Supply from Training Yard etc are reduced; these buildings give extra XP instead.
  3. Dural: units now use new roster mechanic.
  4. New Enchantments, Summons etc. Now each school has 29-30 items.
  5. Cleaning Civpedia. No more duplicate units or many blocked units etc.

To Do Next:
  1. Adding Jotnar to unit roster mechanic.
  2. Adding more spells, enchantments etc.
  3. Adding general strategy for each Civ to Civpedia.
  4. Adding lore entries to Civpedia.
  5. Bugfixes, if any.

If you are interested in writing short entries for units, spells, promotions, buildings, techs etc, feel free to do so! I will include them in future version!

Instructions:
  1. Download Master of Mana from Sourceforge.
  2. Download Xtended 5.0 from here.
  3. Unzip Xtended 5.0.
  4. Copy-and-replace the Asset folder from Xtended 5.0 to Master of Mana.

If you have error: GFC Error: failed to initialize primary control theme, try to rename the folder into "Master of Mana".

Hey, Tschuggi, nice to see you here mate!

i have played your modmodmod with a friend in coop(as one Team) and we found some bugs and some things where we dont know if it is want that way^^.
From the Start: English is not my native language, so sry for mistakes in this post:

Hi, thanks for playing. Your experience with coop game is, as far as I know, part of CIV4's system on coop. When we do lots of modding, there are unintended consequences like what you have experienced.

We had a ?bug? where goblins with strengh 93 raided our lands. They came all from the same goblin fortress. Dont know if it is wantet that the goblins can be this strong ^^. We only could kill them with a lot of magic attacks^^.

On which turn was it? Did you keep the goblin fort alone for long time? It is strange to have Goblins as strong as that.

Last edited:
Seems a bit too much of a nerf to me. What % is it ?

Adventurer has 5% chance to get Hero promotion. In my tests, this still result in Grigori has 3-6 Adventurers with Hero, ready to be upgraded as soon as Grigori has the money.

I never know if i need to uninstall/reinstall Mom or just copy/replace the Asset when i already have Xtended.

Just copy/replace the Assets is fine.

Hello.

Does the mod work in multiplayer without OSS ?

Would it be possible to include the bugfix of the Quarries ? We still have the bug which make that the quarries don't profit from the wonders. It's easy to do the debug manually on the XML files but it's annoying to have to do it. ^^

CarnivalBizarre has done a lot of bug fixes but I don't guarantee this mod is free of OOS.

Which wonders do not give benefits to quarry?

We played Tasunke and me and it worked without ANY OOS in multiplayer. But we played the 4.1 version, because there are some things in the new version who don't feat with our pleasure when we play.

But I think the 5.0 works well in multiplayer, as the 4.1.

The two slaver guilde wonder don't work with the quarry, because the quarry in game automatiquely transform into patrian quarry. So there is just no effect.

We played Tasunke and me and it worked without ANY OOS in multiplayer. But we played the 4.1 version, because there are some things in the new version who don't feat with our pleasure when we play.

But I think the 5.0 works well in multiplayer, as the 4.1.

The two slaver guilde wonder don't work with the quarry, because the quarry in game automatiquely transform into patrian quarry. So there is just no effect.

Cool. Thanks for confirming that 4.1 is without OOS. Hopefully, the same with 5.0

About quarry: only quarries in Scions land should be upgraded to Patrian quarries, just like only towns in Kuriotates land are upgraded to Enclave. Are you sure that you have Patrian quarry in non Scion land?

I will check the Slaver's wonders, they should work with both normal quarries and Patrian quarries.

Top Bottom