Planning cIV BTS MTDG III

Hi, I replied to the thread in SGOTM forum but I'm replying here too. I'd like to join the civfanatics team.

There was something I wanted to ask - and that was the issue of team forums. Should we ask the teams to use the CFC forums for discussing tactics etc, or should each site use their own forums? As far as I can tell it would be easier for the after-game if everything was gathered here, but can we expect the teams to use the CFC forums for the sake of talking about this specific game?

I imagine most teams would want to stay on their own forum. I know some teams (Apolyton and WPC at least) have already created private forums on their sites to discuss the game.

So this is a real long shot, but I seem to recall there was a Chinese-language civ site that had some really good players. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I dunno about unrestricted leaders. Has that been discussed? I think I'd be against that.

Hmm, I guess I could be open to unrestricted leaders. Its just never something I've really considered before, I didn't realize people played that way.

I think that's a matter for election once we get the private forum. Not that it matters much, anyway.

I agree. Lets start distributing in-game roles and responsibilietes only when we have in-game decision making mechanism in place. BTW, setting forum up for CFC players should be done soonish IMO. After all, we cannot really give CFC vote on game settings and other pre-game agreements until the players in Team CFC can agree amongst themselves.

I don't know what you're talking about, but that'd be awesome to have a Chinese civ site in the game! Definitely look into it!

Aha! It took a while but I finally remember the site I was thinking of. It's http://www.civclub.net/bbs/forumdisplay.php?fid=56

Unfortunately I don't speak Chinese... so I don't know how to contact them, and I don't even know if they have a multiplayer community. But it seems large and active, and they had this thread where someone was absolutely crushing deity single player. Does anyone here speak Chinese?

Having a Chinese team involved would be neat, not to mention rather a novelty, if they can be contacted and are interested. :)

Also: Team Realms Beyond will be making decisions collectively and will have a variety of players handling various roles. However, if it makes things easier to have a named "captain" at this particular juncture, you can list me.

Update: Haven't heard back from any site Admins/Mods yet. A bunch of them have not posted in over 2 months so it could be a while before they see respond to my message.

Now This Civ 4 BTS Intersite Forum was previously created for a game between Civplayers and CFC, but I don't think the game ever got off the ground. It is already set up, including a private subforum that you must request access to. If you guys want, we could just move in and convert this forum for our purposes. Then it would be a simpler matter (I think) to ask the Moderators to unsticky the old threads and replace them with new ones.

The problems as I see it, are that it would be a little messy and potentially confusing, with all those old threads from the past game. Also, we need a way to verify who hac access to the private subforum and make sure none of those are players who have defected to other sites. For instance, I already have access to the subforum (although I am playing for CFC:))

Click the link, look around, it seems to be well set up already, and its possible that the Mods might be quicker to respond to simpler things like sticky/unsticky, or grant private access, than they would to a larger request like creating a whole new subforum.

Or we could just keep waiting... Thoughts?

Which admins have you contacted? Ainwood and Plotinus are probably your best bets.

I'd strongly recommend against using the old intersite pitboss forum, unless you want some of the other teams to be able to see absolutely everything.

For the record, I have also invited Firaxis to send in a team. I'm not sure if it'll happen, I'd say: don't count on it, but they promised me they were going to look around to see if some employees were interested.

I've also sent out invitations to all civ-sites I know. Some of them have already responded interest right here.

This could be the biggest fansite-civgame ever.
Perhaps in the end every fansite will participate b/c it's a game you can't miss.

It deserves full admin support.
Just treathen your CFC admins that Apolyton will host the game if they don't respond quickly. I'm sure that'll wake them up :D

Just letting you know that if you need a very dedicated Site Admin to make this game huge and in-your-face and a big civ4 happening, including front-site reports, etc., then I'm absolutely willing to contribute. I just very much like the idea of this game being huge and something all civ-sites participate in.

Unfortunately 2K/Firaxis are focussed on civ5, not civ4 (who could blame them?) so much marketing activities from them can't be expected :(
Which makes sense, only a crazy corporation would advertise their old last dated game.

Maybe we can do it with civ5 G&K later, and have some marketing support :D
Sorry, just thinking a bit bigger then I should :D

For the record, I have also invited Firaxis to send in a team. I'm not sure if it'll happen, I'd say: don't count on it, but they promised me they were going to look around to see if some employees were interested.

I've also sent out invitations to all civ-sites I know. Some of them have already responded interest right here.

This could be the biggest fansite-civgame ever.
Perhaps in the end every fansite will participate b/c it's a game you can't miss.

It deserves full admin support.
Just treathen your CFC admins that Apolyton will host the game if they don't respond quickly. I'm sure that'll wake them up :D

Just letting you know that if you need a very dedicated Site Admin to make this game huge and in-your-face and a big civ4 happening, including front-site reports, etc., then I'm absolutely willing to contribute. I just very much like the idea of this game being huge and something all civ-sites participate in.

Unfortunately 2K/Firaxis are focussed on civ5, not civ4 (who could blame them?) so much marketing activities from them can't be expected :(
Which makes sense, only a crazy corporation would advertise their old last dated game.

Maybe we can do it with civ5 G&K later, and have some marketing support :D
Sorry, just thinking a bit bigger then I should :D

:goodjob::clap:
with only showing that's there still and huge and interesting communitiy active arround civIV will be nice..

I've made a request in the staff forum, and it has been responded to and forwarded onwards. Hopefully we should be getting a proper forum for this game shortly, and then we can branch out into the rest of the necessary pre-game discussions - and after that onto the game itself! :)

:goodjob::clap:
with only showing that's there still and huge and interesting communitiy active arround civIV will be nice..
Indeed! :D

Will also be good if Firaxis sees a reminder of why Pitboss was a step in the right direction. ;)

Top Bottom