FfH 2 Manual

I noticed that the Fellowships of Leaves section says that the Guardian of Nature civic causes ancient forests to grow inside of your cultural boundaries. Well, this happens to me regardless of having the Guardian of Nature civic active. In fact, I didn't even have the Hidden Paths technology before all of the forests in my territory were ancient forests. As far as I know, just having FOL as your state religion starts this change.

Oh, and the table of contents says 124 for spells instead of 142.

You are correct, the Religion makes the Ancient Forests grow. Religions still have a cut/paste from the Civilopedia (or somewhere... can't recall for sure) instead of personally written advice. Now that it is summer I can hopefully get things ironed out quicker with the manual and bring it all up to snuff :)

Did clicking on the Spells link take you to the proper page? Those numbers ought to be automatically generated, but I'll look into it.

The link takes me to page 124; correct in and of itself, but not the spells page.

BTW, excellent manual, I refer to it at least once every game, if not more!

New version uploaded with all the new information for 2.032. Haven't changed any of the strategy sections to include the new items though (Khazad Battering Rams, Kuriotates new Unit and Enclave, Doviello was slightly updated to discuss starting with a Hero on turn 1 though).

Haven't added the Bulbing Tree yet, I am kinda hoping to convince Kael to add more Flavors to at least the sage, but ideally to all of them (larger value in the appropriate Flavor for their type). I also have to sort out precisely how I want them to be displayed.

Still a lot of re-coloring work to do, and now that I use a background again I have to finish replacing buttons in the bulidings section. But at least now there is a semi-handy reference for all the new material.

EDIT: Realized that I forgot to add Decius to the appropriate Civilizations. When I did add him in on Bannor I crashed my system (it tried to move 193 pages of material to accomodate it...), and I am heading out for the day, so I'll fix that bit later on.

EDIT2: Got the program to open before I had to leave. Decius is added now, which causes the Stretegy Text to go onto a second page for the Bannor & Calabim. I'll see about fixing that later on, or just take advantage of the extra space to go into more detail on each of them :)

Still not sure how I'll display Minister Koun in the manual. Might give him a section of his own, but that'd be easier to decide on if I knew there would be other Minor Leaders someday.

Thanks Xien. As always, you ROCK!

v1.87 posted. I have added the Lightbulbing Charts and a section for Minor Leaders. Plus the coloring of links is finally done, as well as replacing all the white-background buttons. So future updates will actually contain new content finally :)

Nice manual thank you for all your hard work.

I wanted to point out a small gripe. The religion holy shrines (Nox Noctis, Tablets of Bambur, etc) that give +1 gold per city show the commerce icon instead of the gold icon.

also the wording for the Planar Gate effect is a bit odd.

•Under 50 AC: limit of 1 unit each
unit per Planar gate, 6% chance...

I guess that should read: limit of 1 of each unit per Planar gate...

Dangit, we are getting close to requiring a third digit for me to stave off the dreaded 2.0! I'll have to get things done soon instead....

Updated for 23 patch E. The only change is the Lightbulbing Preferences chart, everything else was for the AI, or in a section which I don't actually have completed yet (all I can remember is the change in costs on a tech or 2, and a minor adjustment to some events. There was a change to Mezmerize Animals Spell, but I had it worded for the way it works now, not the way it used to work).

There is a slim chance that more changes exist in the SDK as well, I haven't checked it out yet. If there are then they'll be in the next version, hopefully with the rest of the promotions.

Top Bottom