Anti-Aliasing?

Joecoolyo

99% Lightspeed
I remember reading about anti-aliasing problems in the FAQ, and how they only work on DX10/11 machines. Well, I'm running a DX11 video card and operating system (plus I'm running the game in DX11 mode), yet I can't get any of the anti-aliasing options to work. Whenever I select it, and click accept changes (or accept new resolution), it keeps going back to "No anti-aliasing" (or something similar to that).

I know Ainwood posted a sort of walk through on how to set it manually using a nVidia card, but I'm using an ATI card and I have no idea how to do it manually.

Is there any way I could remedy this problem? My computer has more than enough power to handle anti-aliasing, and some of the jagged edges are getting kinda annoying.

Thank you :)

Thank you. That did the trick. :goodjob:

Hmm... after doing this, I seem to be missing a few things, and I have no idea if this is what triggered it or not.

After I did this (set the Leaderhead graphics to medium, turn up the AA, then switch it back to high) I seem to be missing that nifty smoke effect whenever you pillage an improvement or siege a city. And I'm probably missing a few other things too (though the smoke is the only thing I've noticed so far). Could this be a complication with the AA, or is it something completely different?

Nope, you're right, AA problem.
The AA for the leaders in high quality mode is somehow different and is not supported by every graphics card, for more details see here.

That's DX10.

I have DX11, and according to that post, it should work fine. And it does, the AA is perfect, it just seems now I'm missing some animations (such as the smoke)...

Can anybody help me with this, or should I just go ahead and e-mail 2K?

Top Bottom