Black Screen

djenghis

Warlord
I installed civ v and it worked properly. Then i decided to reinstall windows vista on my pc, and it still worked without a problem.
The computer does a few updates on vista etc, and when i power up civ v, all i get is a black screen. Then the computer does a major update (servic pack2) and civ v still doesnt work AND my audio doesnt work anymore. In any application.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

windows vista service pack1 (upgraded to service pack 2 but that didnt help. Before i reinstalled vista the game worked perfectly though.
dell xps420 Q9400 2.66GHZ fysical mem 4GB

when i click steam, check for video updates, it says everything up to date.

Thanks,

D.

ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2, don't know how to start up in windowed mode. Right click just gives the option OPEN.

D.

In My Documents\My Games\Civ5 there are some .ini files, and in one of them you can enable the windowed mode.

Sorry, can#t be more precise, don't have Civ5, and i somehow did not manage to find out the exact position where it is yet.

The filename is GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini (or something similar if running DX9). In that file, locate the entry FullScreen = 1 and change it to FullScreen = 0.

i got the game to work again, but apparently i can now only play it in a lot worse resolution or the game crashes. Should't have reinstalled my pc.

Top Bottom