CivAddiction’s Multiplayer Modpack – CP+CSD+C4DF+Serp’s+And More!

From my experience after first ctd things will start to get really bad and game is lost 90%. Save (not auto) and load after delete of cache usually stabilizes situation to the point where you can play like 10 turns before next ctd, desync. We played 6 mp games with girlfriend, none survived past turn 400

Hello :)

I greatly appreciate the work done here to gather all the mods. It make the game way more enjoyable.

Actually it's the first game I survive past the first era and I found a problem that cause a CTD.

If I set a city to be razed, and then someone took over, it cause a crash.

Another thing, I'm playing as the japan, and every time I load a save I get a free worker near my capital. It's not a big deal because I can just kill the unit outside of my zone of control (to avoid earning gold), and after a check with the mod that allow to edit the map, it's look like that other nation doesn't get any unit after I load a save.

Another thing, I'm playing as the japan, and every time I load a save I get a free worker near my capital. It's not a big deal because I can just kill the unit outside of my zone of control (to avoid earning gold), and after a check with the mod that allow to edit the map, it's look like that other nation doesn't get any unit after I load a save.

Hello and welcome to Civ! :)

This last issue seems to be related to the bug civaddiction mentioned a few posts before:

I think I figured out where the Zulu issue is coming from. I suspect its the Cultural Diversity mod. Bantu civs (Zulu in our case) get a free spearman and 10 XP for all starting units. This should only be firing at the beginning of the game but apparently it happens upon every reload. Probably will remove the mod along with the soundtrack (I just haven't had much luck with JFD mods to tell you the truth)

You can wait for an update, or in the meantime go to the mods folder of your MP_MODSPACK and delete the JFD Cultural Diversity mod.
I'm not 100% sure, but for Cultural Diversity it should be safe to just remove it, as long as it doesn't add something to the overrides.
cheers

@Lynnes
If I remove the folder "JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 2)" I got an error "Could not load font.xml" when I'm starting or loading a game, and the game get stuck on it.

I'll wait for an update. Meanwhile I'll use Ingame editor to remove unit added by this.

@Lynnes
If I remove the folder "JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 2)" I got an error "Could not load font.xml" when I'm starting or loading a game, and the game get stuck on it.

I'll wait for an update. Meanwhile I'll use Ingame editor to remove unit added by this.

Oh right, it added fonts! Sorry, I forgot about that.

Sounds good! :thumbsup:

We've got another game going, got up to turn 144 (standard speed) this time without any issues, then one of us got a CTD and now we have to resync every single turn, heres our logs + save https://db.tt/s0wNS1dp .

I know its a bit of a hassle, but try having everyone leave the match when someone gets a CTD (except the host) and so everyone logs back in together from the host game values. I suspect the reason I don't get resyncs every turn after a CTD in my test games is that I've only played two player multiplayer so the only time a CTD happens, the out player resyncs to the host anyways. That and looking at your net_message_debug.log shows everyone is experiencing desyncs.

A more drastic approach could have the host save the game, log out himself, and just reload the game and reinvite everyone in the lobby, but try the above first to see if it makes the game playable after a CTD.

I'm working on a Cultural Diversity/Soundtrack-free update. I'm also considering removing Civ Names by Policies. It may be harmless but it does throw a lot of XML errors in the XML.log and it does makes the names of civs really long and unwieldy if you have a lot of puppet or vassal states. Would that mod be missed at all?

Edit: I'm going to wait for the new Community Patch to drop... seems like there's a problem with some diplomatic deals causing CTD. Not sure if it affects CP only, but I'll wait nonetheless.

I wont miss it, it is fun from start but then names get too long and change too often

Hi, would it work if I pick your versions of csd&c4df to use with the latest cp, without installing the other mods in your pack?Or it is a must to use them altogether? I was also wondering about the warmonger mod, the community patch includes a modified version of that but I don't know if it is activated. Wouldn't it cause conflicts if you use both whoward's warmonger file and cp's, as both have different values and modify the same stuff?thanks

Hi, would it work if I pick your versions of csd&c4df to use with the latest cp, without installing the other mods in your pack?Or it is a must to use them altogether? I was also wondering about the warmonger mod, the community patch includes a modified version of that but I don't know if it is activated. Wouldn't it cause conflicts if you use both whoward's warmonger file and cp's, as both have different values and modify the same stuff?thanks

My mod does include the AI - Warmongers Adjustments Mod as well as a number of other mods that are normally incorporated into Community Balance Patch (CBP). This is because my mod does not use CBP, just the Community Patch Core (CP). I would have used CBP but theres something about it that cause a massive amount of desyncs and CTDs.

You are right, it does appear that the Warmongers Adjustment is included in CP. It also appears that that values are different. Finally, I checked the CIV5UNITS.XML override and its going with the CP values over the AI-WA Mod values! Long and short of it, I can remove the AI-WA mod from my modpack as it is literally doing nothing. It did have lower values on a lot of things (less warmonger from capturing cities), but I'm okay with the CP values. Nice catch.

As far as grabbing the CSD and C4DF, there were some lua that overlapped and whenever that happened, I combined them in the last to load mod. Most of the time that was Health and Plague. If you don't include that mod, you will probably have to do the combination in the C4DF luas yourself.

Hi again here.

I wanted to try a game with the "ragging barbarian" setting ON, but I quickly noticed (3 games to try in case of) only barbarians ships (sometime) go wander around, but all the ground units stay around their own camp and do nothing (they may move a cell or two after the camp is removed, and sometime attack you if you are close to them).

Any though about this ? It may be the wrong area to post if this issue come with the core game, but I didn't get this behavior before. In any case, I don't even know what part here could have changed this so I can't even try to get a look in the topic of the mod that could have changed this.

Hi again here.

I wanted to try a game with the "ragging barbarian" setting ON, but I quickly noticed (3 games to try in case of) only barbarians ships (sometime) go wander around, but all the ground units stay around their own camp and do nothing (they may move a cell or two after the camp is removed, and sometime attack you if you are close to them).

Any though about this ? It may be the wrong area to post if this issue come with the core game, but I didn't get this behavior before. In any case, I don't even know what part here could have changed this so I can't even try to get a look in the topic of the mod that could have changed this.
Alexej is testing my modpack at the moment and he wrote (in my modpack thread), that the barbarians are much more aggressive, than in the pack from civaddiction.

This just as a hint to civaddiction, that the reason for the behaviour of the barbarians may be caused by one mod, that is not included in my pack.

Alexej is testing my modpack at the moment and he wrote (in my modpack thread), that the barbarians are much more aggressive, than in the pack from civaddiction.

This just as a hint to civaddiction, that the reason for the behaviour of the barbarians may be caused by one mod, that is not included in my pack.

Yep, it's the Community Patch!

Yeah there is a lot of ambiguity about which mods are incorporated/enabled in CP, glad to be -accidentally- help :) So I guess it would be better to ask, how can I detect the conflicts between mods&merge them? I'm not a modder but have some experience with fallout,witcher etc. , though I always had tools to make things easy.

My mod does include the AI - Warmongers Adjustments Mod as well as a number of other mods that are normally incorporated into Community Balance Patch (CBP). This is because my mod does not use CBP, just the Community Patch Core (CP). I would have used CBP but theres something about it that cause a massive amount of desyncs and CTDs.

You are right, it does appear that the Warmongers Adjustment is included in CP. It also appears that that values are different. Finally, I checked the CIV5UNITS.XML override and its going with the CP values over the AI-WA Mod values! Long and short of it, I can remove the AI-WA mod from my modpack as it is literally doing nothing. It did have lower values on a lot of things (less warmonger from capturing cities), but I'm okay with the CP values. Nice catch.

As far as grabbing the CSD and C4DF, there were some lua that overlapped and whenever that happened, I combined them in the last to load mod. Most of the time that was Health and Plague. If you don't include that mod, you will probably have to do the combination in the C4DF luas yourself.

Yeah there is a lot of ambiguity about which mods are incorporated/enabled in CP, glad to be -accidentally- help :) So I guess it would be better to ask, how can I detect the conflicts between mods&merge them? I'm not a modder but have some experience with fallout,witcher etc. , though I always had tools to make things easy.

See if the mods have LUA and XML that have the same name. Use Notepad++ to compare the files. Last to load *typically is what is used. Merge changes into those files. Most of the time the files are very similar and that is enough to get it to work. Sometime further tweaking is necessary.

Thanks, time to get to work !
See if the mods have LUA and XML that have the same name. Use Notepad++ to compare the files. Last to load *typically is what is used. Merge changes into those files. Most of the time the files are very similar and that is enough to get it to work. Sometime further tweaking is necessary.

This looks really awesome! Since it's touted as a MP mod, though, does that mean it's useless for single-player? And also, since the last time at least one of the main page description posts was updated was in August, and there is at least one egregious mod included (Whoward's Farm Replacement, considering that the farm bug was fixed by Firaxis awhile ago), what exactly's the current state of the mod?

MP crashed with a font issue despite having the CD soundtrack added in.

Not sure what's causing it (deleted cache and everything) but I found a city and am unable to build anything on the first turn, which prevents the game from being able to progress. Tried two different games, one with Brazil and one with Japan, and both suffered from the same problem. I did try to sneaky-sneaky cheat in some More Wonders, so that may be the culprit, but I attempted two games without them (one as Shoshone and one as Morocco) and it crashed to desktop on the DoM without a freeze-up and "Civ V is not responding" error message.

EDIT: Nah, I fixed it. Thought I'd removed EUI before testing but just realized it was still in the DLC folder. Haven't tested yet, but everything should be good now. :thumbsup:

Hey,if I didn't get it wrong from the logs, Community Patch also includes
Global - Naval Nearest Water
Global - Venice Keeps Resources
Global - CS Liberate After Buyout
Global - Civilians Move After Purchase
Global - No Followup From Cities.

I guess they probably wouldn't cause any issues but less is better, isn't it :)

Top Bottom