The Touhou Mod Development Thread

Oh, of course not. That was the whole point of the honorable mentions. I simply think that before we work on civilizations like the Oni or the Moriya Shrine, it would be best if we focused on and completed the ten major powers first, and then we can proceed to do the rest as we see fit. All ideas are valuable, and they will be implemented in some way, shape, or form when the time comes. The only problem is that certain ideas and concepts may be of a higher priority than others, if that's acceptable to you.

Well, I know which ideas are a higher priority to me... :p

But I do have to admit, I'm rather slower at getting my civs done than Apolodog and Huitzil. So it may actually work out better if I just plunk away at the lower priority ones I want to do (Moriya and the Human Village) and let the others focus on the higher priority stuff, since they'll get it done faster. :p

(As for the Oni, I'm hoping to get them up on Steam this weekend anyways...)

I don't think we know enough about the Lunarians for them to have their own independent side. And the adjective I am using for Eientei is "Lunar".

But added Hieda and Toyohime just in case.

The idea of adding the Lunarians under Toyohime amuses me, so I might just add it to my list of "ideas that could be fun to do". Particularly because it'd be a perfect excuse to use some of the more sci-fi models and stuff I've got lying around. I'll have to see if I can skim through Silent Sinner in Blue to get more of an idea what the Watsuki sisters are like. But I'll probably set that project off to complete after Moriya and the Human Village.

Oh, of course not. That was the whole point of the honorable mentions. I simply think that before we work on civilizations like the Oni or the Moriya Shrine, it would be best if we focused on and completed the ten major powers first, and then we can proceed to do the rest as we see fit. All ideas are valuable, and they will be implemented in some way, shape, or form when the time comes. The only problem is that certain ideas and concepts may be of a higher priority than others, if that's acceptable to you.

Well, what you say sounds pretty organized and tidy, but you have to think about something, we are not paid to do this civilizations, it's not like it's our "work" to post them for other people. For example, I make civs when I feel "inspired" and I have a good chunk of free time, and the will to mess with XML and all that. That said, there is no need for us to focus on the mayor touhou civs, let's just make the civs we want to make and eventually we'll get to all the important touhou civs in the list (Nice list btw) (I should change the name to Kappa Federation, sounds cooler :D).

Also: Eientei's UU is giving me problems. It's the Lunar Defense Corps (technically just "Defense Corps" so that when you mouseover it it appears as "Lunar Defense Corps"), it replaces the Musketman, has an extra move and a bonus promotion giving +strength in friendly lands. It shows up, I can build it, it has its icon, it has the movement and combat bonus... but when I research Rifling, it will not upgrade to the Rifleman.

Is anything relevant to the upgrading that I may have missed, other than these:

<Class>UNITCLASS_MUSKETMAN</Class>
<Type>UNIT_EIENTEI_LUNARDEFENSE</Type>
<ObsoleteTech>TECH_RIFLING</ObsoleteTech>
<GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass>UNITCLASS_RIFLEMAN</GoodyHutUpgradeUnitClass>

It used to replace the Rifleman, but I changed it to Musketman since Replacable Parts obsoletes Riflemen and gives you Statue of Liberty, and you WANT Statue of Liberty as Eientei, making it a tech you want very badly to get if it's close by. I found/replaced all instances of rifleman with musketman, set the required tech to TECH_GUNPOWDER and obsolete tech and upgrade class as you saw above, so, what could be the deal?

Also: Eientei's UU is giving me problems. It's the Lunar Defense Corps (technically just "Defense Corps" so that when you mouseover it it appears as "Lunar Defense Corps"), it replaces the Musketman, has an extra move and a bonus promotion giving +strength in friendly lands. It shows up, I can build it, it has its icon, it has the movement and combat bonus... but when I research Rifling, it will not upgrade to the Rifleman.

It used to replace the Rifleman, but I changed it to Musketman since Replacable Parts obsoletes Riflemen and gives you Statue of Liberty, and you WANT Statue of Liberty as Eientei, making it a tech you want very badly to get if it's close by. I found/replaced all instances of rifleman with musketman, set the required tech to TECH_GUNPOWDER and obsolete tech and upgrade class as you saw above, so, what could be the deal?

Try erasing that one, see if it works.

Didn't help. ObsoleteTech is supposed to be defining when I can start to upgrade it, so taking it out doesn't do anything; I need the game to recognize that it's there

Did you set the upgrade class? I believe you have to set it separate from the GoodyHutUpgrade... there's a separate section down lower in the unit text...

Not that I can see. Here's the American Musketman UU:
Spoiler :
<Row>
<Type>UNIT_AMERICAN_MINUTEMAN</Type>
<PrereqTech>TECH_GUNPOWDER</PrereqTech>
<Combat>24</Combat>
<Cost>150</Cost>
<FaithCost>300</FaithCost>
<RequiresFaithPurchaseEnabled>true</RequiresFaithPurchaseEnabled>
<Moves>2</Moves>
<CombatClass>UNITCOMBAT_GUN</CombatClass>
<Domain>DOMAIN_LAND</Domain>
<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ATTACK</DefaultUnitAI>
<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_AMERICAN_MINUTEMAN</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIVILOPEDIA_UNITS_MEDIEVAL_MINUTEMAN_TEXT</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_UNIT_AMERICAN_MINUTEMAN_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Help>TXT_KEY_UNIT_HELP_MINUTEMAN</Help>
<MilitarySupport>true</MilitarySupport>
<MilitaryProduction>true</MilitaryProduction>
<Pillage>true</Pillage>
<IgnoreBuildingDefense>true</IgnoreBuildingDefense>
<AdvancedStartCost>25</AdvancedStartCost>
<XPValueAttack>3</XPValueAttack>
<XPValueDefense>3</XPValueDefense>
<Conscription>4</Conscription>
<UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT_U_AMERICAN_MINUTEMAN</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitFlagIconOffset>38</UnitFlagIconOffset>
<IconAtlas>UNIT_ATLAS_1</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>39</PortraitIndex>
</Row>

And the Lunar Defense Corps UU:
Spoiler :
<PrereqTech>TECH_GUNPOWDER</PrereqTech>
<Combat>24</Combat>
<Cost>150</Cost>
<FaithCost>300</FaithCost>
<RequiresFaithPurchaseEnabled>true</RequiresFaithPurchaseEnabled>
<Moves>3</Moves>
<CombatClass>UNITCOMBAT_GUN</CombatClass>
<Domain>DOMAIN_LAND</Domain>
<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ATTACK</DefaultUnitAI>
<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_EIENTEI_LUNARDEFENSE</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_UNIT_EIENTEI_LUNARDEFENSE_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_UNIT_EIENTEI_LUNARDEFENSE_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Help>TXT_KEY_UNIT_EIENTEI_LUNARDEFENSE_HELP</Help>
<MilitarySupport>true</MilitarySupport>
<MilitaryProduction>true</MilitaryProduction>
<Pillage>true</Pillage>
<IgnoreBuildingDefense>true</IgnoreBuildingDefense>
<AdvancedStartCost>25</AdvancedStartCost>
<XPValueAttack>3</XPValueAttack>
<XPValueDefense>3</XPValueDefense>
<Conscription>4</Conscription>
<UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT_MUSKETMAN</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitFlagAtlas>EIENTEI_ALPHA_ATLAS</UnitFlagAtlas>
<UnitFlagIconOffset>1</UnitFlagIconOffset>
<IconAtlas>EIENTEI_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>2</PortraitIndex>

I don't even see what I'm missing!

I don't even see what I'm missing!

Did you include this?

Code:
	<Unit_ClassUpgrades>
		<Row>
			<UnitType>UNIT_MUSKETMAN</UnitType>
			<UnitClassType>UNITCLASS_RIFLEMAN</UnitClassType>
		</Row>
	</Unit_ClassUpgrades>

Replacing MUSKETMAN with the appropriate name for your unit, of course.

That did it.

...I haven't included that text in ANY of my mods. Whoops. I guess I didn't notice because I don't bother to upgrade my Gatling Guns to Machine Guns unless there's a pressing need, and I thought the Yatagarasu wasn't upgrading into the Bomber because I had set the obsoleting tech to Stealth.

That did it.

...I haven't included that text in ANY of my mods. Whoops. I guess I didn't notice because I don't bother to upgrade my Gatling Guns to Machine Guns unless there's a pressing need, and I thought the Yatagarasu wasn't upgrading into the Bomber because I had set the obsoleting tech to Stealth.

Glad I could help!

And yeah, units and buildings can have so many different sections sometimes. Buildings are particularly bad for it, as you can have a building that has a building requirement, adjusts feature yields, generates its own yield, can generate percentage yields or yield per pop, not to mention the usual flavor section, and so on...

I usually find myself opening up the standard Civ V unit and buildings files, and then just using the search function to find each instance of whatever I'm replacing, so that I don't miss any of those sections...

hey guys, do you know a way of changing the amount of members of a unit? (reducing the 10 archers to 1 for example).

hey guys, do you know a way of changing the amount of members of a unit? (reducing the 10 archers to 1 for example).

You should be able to do it in the ArtDefines. My Kishin, for example, uses Longswordsman animations, but I reduced the number of members in the unit to 1 so it looks like a Great General. Some units have multiple different members though (there's something like 3 different Warrior models in a Warrior unit), so you have to be careful with some of them.

Also, I'm getting started on my Human Village civ. Looking at the information on the various possible leaders, I'll probably go with Keine in the end. Rinnosuke actually lives outside of the Human Village to avoid creeping them out, and both Akyuu and Keine are scholars. Plus, Keine actually has the whole "Guardian of the Human Village" thing, so she makes a certain degree of sense. Now to just find a good War version of her themes...

I don't like "human village" as a civ name. It sounds way too generic the moment you have anything that isn't strictly in Gensokyo. Could there be another, more distinct name for them?

I don't like "human village" as a civ name. It sounds way too generic the moment you have anything that isn't strictly in Gensokyo. Could there be another, more distinct name for them?

Hmmm... well, I do plan to name the cities after various Japanese villages, but anything like the "Human Federation" or whatnot sounds too grandiose for what I really see as a bunch of agrarian communities. 2hu2good suggested "Human Kingdom", but even that sounds too fancy, seeing as the Human Village has (at best) a village leader.

Hrm. Maybe I'll do some research into Japan and see if there's any terms for a group of communities? I suppose the fairies already have "Alliance"... Maybe "Protectorate", given that Keine is its guardian?

EDIT: There's also the village's "official" name, Ningen no Sato, or Hitozato. Those do translate to "village of humans", basically, but it would sound like a more proper name...?

Either of those sounds much better, because even just rephrasing it into another language makes it sound less generic.

First off, I attached the master audio defines files, for you to make sure I didn't break anything. Every filename it points to uses the format Name_War, except for Suika, because the Suika mod music is named SuikaWar and SuikaPeace, so it will still be compatible. I've had some crashes lately, but am not sure if this is mod instability, or if adding so much to the audio defines scripts makes the game unstable.

Second off, I tried playing the Kappa civ, and sadly to say, I don't like them at all. Marshes are rarer than hills or desert or forest (the kind of features other civs focus on, basic or modded), the attack penalty in marsh makes no sense and just makes it harder to fight off invaders, and I don't like their UI -- it gives +3 Science, but nothing else, and marshes only have 1 food. So unlike, say, Utsuho Reiuji's mines, focusing on Nitori's research-boosting improvement doesn't trade growth for something else (production), it just hampers growth. And their UU just comes way, way, way too late.

Attachments

• AudioDefinesExpansion1.txt
    23 KB · Views: 33
  • Audio2DScriptsExpansion1.txt
    27.5 KB · Views: 40
First off, I attached the master audio defines files, for you to make sure I didn't break anything. Every filename it points to uses the format Name_War, except for Suika, because the Suika mod music is named SuikaWar and SuikaPeace, so it will still be compatible. I've had some crashes lately, but am not sure if this is mod instability, or if adding so much to the audio defines scripts makes the game unstable.

Given that I haven't published my mod officially yet, did you want me to rename the sound files for Suika to match up with the others?

Well there's no compelling reason to change it now.

Do you know if adding too many audio defines makes the game unstable?

Top Bottom