Can this be a possible trait?

LivingLikeLogan

Chieftain
Hello. i'm currently working on a civilization and i had an idea for it's unique ability.

At the Declaration of war with another Civilization, receive military units from foreigner Cities that have at least 1 follower of your Religion

It would require lua, similar to what JFD did in his Belgium mod*, but I would think you would want to limit it to war being declared upon the civ, otherwise as mentioned it would be OP as all AssignStartingPlots.lua, and incredibly exploitable by a human player.

Human Player:
  1. spread religion to some foriegn cities
  2. declare war on the same civ to which you have just spread the religion
  3. phoney war for a while
  4. get AI to accept peace
  5. wait ten turns
  6. rinse, repeat
  7. easy-peasy domination victory without ever having built more than a minimum number of units and those only during the early game

Spoiler * :
I am not sure if the Belgium mod still gives free units from friends when another civ delcares war on Belgium

considering the civ in question is the islamic state, them declaring war would work much better, so perhaps make the bonus apply only for the first time you declare war on a certain civilisation

It would require lua, similar to what JFD did in his Belgium mod*, but I would think you would want to limit it to war being declared upon the civ, otherwise as mentioned it would be OP as all AssignStartingPlots.lua, and incredibly exploitable by a human player.

Human Player:
  1. spread religion to some foriegn cities
  2. declare war on the same civ to which you have just spread the religion
  3. phoney war for a while
  4. get AI to accept peace
  5. wait ten turns
  6. rinse, repeat
  7. easy-peasy domination victory without ever having built more than a minimum number of units and those only during the early game

Spoiler * :
I am not sure if the Belgium mod still gives free units from friends when another civ delcares war on Belgium
I'm new to the Civ V modding world and i'm not sure how to use lua. I'm pretty experienced with XML but i'm sure XML and lua are two different things.

considering the civ in question is the islamic state, them declaring war would work much better, so perhaps make the bonus apply only for the first time you declare war on a certain civilisation

It is the islamic state mod i'm working on but how would i be able to make it a trait? I'm not sure how to use lua.

It is the islamic state mod i'm working on but how would i be able to make it a trait? I'm not sure how to use lua.

You have to use LUA, no way to make it a trait through XML and SQL. Find a method to identify the civilization, find a method to identify a city that can detect religious followers, then spawning unit of appropriate era while also having a checkmark which expires so that a foreign city can no longer spawn a nearby unit when declare war multiple times

Top Bottom