Capto Iugulum

To: Empire of Spain

Portugal thanks you. And yes we would like a friendship with your great Empire.

OOC: What's weird?

To: Portugal

We are interested in establishing a military technology trade agreement. Would you be amenable to trading the blueprints for your Joao-class Cruiser in exchange for the blueprints for the Trovao-class Destroyer?

To: The UK

Agreed. Is it okay if I just say UK or must I rather say United Kingdom

To: Empire of Spain

Portugal thanks you. And yes we would like a friendship with your great Empire.

OOC: What's weird?

OOC: The weird thing is that, ever since the end of the American Presidency War, Portugal has not liked Spain much. And it was a pity, too. 'Cause I would have loved for an Iberian Empire to surge. Still want it, though, but I'd prefer that it happened because the people of Portugal want it, rather than by my own conquest of the lands.

OOC: The weird thing is that, ever since the end of the American Presidency War, Portugal has not liked Spain much. And it was a pity, too. 'Cause I would have loved for an Iberian Empire to surge. Still want it, though, but I'd prefer that it happened because the people of Portugal want it, rather than by my own conquest of the lands.

OOC: It's weird that a nation you invaded and ravaged has disliked you since said invasion? :p

The horse ran faster than any other horse that had lived. King Pedro's messenger was not allowed to read the message.
He quickly entered Madrid, and to the Emperors Palace he went. He told the guards that an important message was in his hands. He gave the Emperor that envelope. A small, folded paper was in it. It read:

“I was angry with my friend:

I told my wrath, my wrath did end.

I was angry with my foe:

I told it not, my wrath did grow.”

William Blake

I can assure you that Portugal holds no grudges, and looks for a fresh new start with Spain. May peace reign between our lands.

To: Spain

This is very disappointing to say the least. We hope that at some point you will reconsider.

To: Portugal

We would like to take Portugal up on their offer for the João-class heavy cruiser.

To: Empire of Japan, Arabian Caliphate

We would like to join your tech-sharing pact, and would like to extend it to include sharing designs for military equipment.

To: United States of America
]
Yes. Offer stands at 40EP. However if you have any plans worth trading an agreement can be made.

From: Empire of Scandinavia, League of the Three Emperors
To: Naples, Sicily
CC: Empire of Spain

We can confirm that a transfer of funds occurred, between the members of the League of the Emperors, as a message of goodwill to Naples with the understanding that Naples would use such funds to promote its navy. This was considered the understood dowry for more formal, official relations between the members of the League of the Three Emperors and the Kingdom of Naples. We have been clearly shown, by Naples' abuse of our trust and funding of the illegitimate Sicilian rebels, that such relations cannot be possible with a nation that would publicly deceive its benefactors. Our own humiliation at the misuse of our funds can only be matched by the shame the leaders of Naples ought to feel for their treacherous misconduct. Such work between the League of the Three Emperors and Naples cannot, and will not, continue. We hope that more considered, discerning relations between all the involved parties will eventually heal these wounds.

Scandinavian athletes will attend the balompie tournament at Madrid.

With permission from the Balompie Federation (If there is one) Portugal would like to start it's own national league.
The Português Liga Nacional de Futebol consisting of the following teams:
Spoiler :
Lisboa clube de Futebol
Vasco da Gama Futebol Clube
Porto de clube de Futebol
Benfica Futebol
Braga Cidade de Futebol
Coimbra Unida
Lisboa Unidos
Almada Futebol Unida

From: Empire of Scandinavia, League of the Three Emperors
To: Naples, Sicily
CC: Empire of Spain

We can confirm that a transfer of funds occurred, between the members of the League of the Emperors, as a message of goodwill to Naples with the understanding that Naples would use such funds to promote its navy. This was considered the understood dowry for more formal, official relations between the members of the League of the Three Emperors and the Kingdom of Naples. We have been clearly shown, by Naples' abuse of our trust and funding of the illegitimate Sicilian rebels, that such relations cannot be possible with a nation that would publicly deceive its benefactors. Our own humiliation at the misuse of our funds can only be matched by the shame the leaders of Naples ought to feel for their treacherous misconduct. Such work between the League of the Three Emperors and Naples cannot, and will not, continue. We hope that more considered, discerning relations between all the involved parties will eventually heal these wounds.

Scandinavian athletes will attend the balompie tournament at Madrid.
To: League of the Three Emperors

We are glad that this was not a conscious effort on your part to destabilize the Empire of Spain. However, it will still take time for us to recover trust in you.

To: Kingdom of Naples

We will keep this simple: you can offer us something worthwhile for your clear intrusion in our internal affairs, or you will be looking forward to the past.

With permission from the Belompie Federation (If there is one) Portugal would like to start it's own national league.
The Português Liga Nacional de Futebol consisting of the following teams:
Spoiler :
Lisboa clube de Futebol
Vasco da Gama Futebol Clube
Porto de clube de Futebol
Benfica Futebol
Braga Cidade de Futebol
Coimbra Unida
Lisboa Unidos
Almada Futebol Unida

The Portuguese people do not need anybody's permission to start its own Balompie national league, although we are wondering what is this "Futebol" thing you are talking about. Also, what is a club?

OOC: In Capto Iugulum, football is called Balompié, as it was invented in Spain. Also, the words "Liga" and "Clube" come from the English terms "League" and "Club", so I doubt they would be using those. May I suggest "Torneio" and "Time"? (Though, now I realise that "Time" is also an English-born term...)

The Portuguese people do not need anybody's permission to start its own Balompie national league, although we are wondering what is this "Futebol" thing you are talking about. Also, what is a club?

OOC: In Capto Iugulum, football is called Balompié, as it was invented in Spain. Also, the words "Liga" and "Clube" come from the English terms "League" and "Club", so I doubt they would be using those. May I suggest "Torneio" and "Time"? (Though, now I realise that "Time" is also an English-born term...)

Português Liga Nacional de Futebol is now official. First game shall commence 21 August.
OOC: I actually translated Balompie from Spanish to Portuguese.

Liga in Portuguese is also Liga in Spanish. But I get what you mean.

Português Liga Nacional de Futebol is now official. First game shall commence 21 August.
OOC: I actually translated Balompie from Spanish to Portuguese.

Liga in Portuguese is also Liga in Spanish. But I get what you mean.

You do realise that Futebol actually comes from Football, right? Balompié is just the literal translation of Football to Spanish.

The Português Nacional Balompé Equipe, National Portuguese Football Team, shall also attend the tournament in Madrid.
King Pedro IV sends his boys good luck with their first match.

Denmark will create a Danish National Football Team to attend the Balompie tournament and the Danish Balompie Federation will be happy to cooperate in forming an international body for the sport.

OOC: How exactly does EP from colonies work? Is it added to your total in the EP section, already included, or can it only be spent in the colony?
If its the last one, can you bank colony EP, because I can't find a section on it anywhere.
Same with MP - can it only be used to recruit divisions from the colony, is it added to the MP in the MP section, or is it already included?

Top Bottom