(NAB: FEATURE) Great Leaders aren't so great anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzy

Chieftain
I've discovered that when a unit is set to enslave, and that enslave creates a settler, then the great leaders do not work properly. They will still make armies, but they won't hurry production of a wonder, or small wonder. Strangely enough they happily will finish an improvement.
I haven't tried enslaving into anything else yet, so I don't know how widespread this bug is, or if it's something new with the 1.22 patch. I will next be enslaving to a worker to see if that fixes the problem. Incidently I have tried this both with Legionary, and Immortal units to verify that it was not a unit specific error. This seems to only happen when the unit set to enslave produces the great leader. If another unit enslaves, the great leader seems to work correctly, but this has only happened for me once.

Thanks for reading, if you can verify this bug, please post here, so I know I'm not going crazy. I'm running patch 1.22 over a clean install of civ 3, fully patched, then a clean install of civ 3 conq. I thought it might of been a patch issue, so I uninstalled everything, and reinstalled it all. It had no effect.

Chizzy (AKA Tom)

The Military Great Leaders aren't supposed to rush Great Wonders (anymore).
But they should be able to rush small wonders...but IIRC rushing doesn't function if there was already a rush (disbanding a unit or chopping a forest), but I might be wrong on that, but I don't think it has anything to do with enslaving, but you never know...

What!! Why can't great leaders rush great wonders anymore? Who decided that was good idea? What load of crock, is that a conquest patch change? if so I'm going back. You don't screw with the game that much with a patch, it's just wrong. Atari if you read this, change it back. Now.

Don't give up on Conquests quite yet! Before you decide Atari ruined the usefulness of the Great Leader, take a look at this thread:
Sir Pleb: Going for Sid

They aren't ruined, just different. Some people feel they are even overpowered now. You can still rush wonders, you just have to get a Scientific Great Leader instead of a Military Great Leader.

Enslaving to a settler? I am not sure I follow you. As far as I know, the only thing you get when you enslave a land unit is a worker. :confused:

Chizzy said:
is that a conquest patch change?

Nope. C3C was always like this where MGL could not rush great wonders.
In C3C armies now get an attack bouns.

bradleyfeanor said:
Enslaving to a settler? I am not sure I follow you. As far as I know, the only thing you get when you enslave a land unit is a worker. :confused:

In the editor you can set a unit to enslave into any land unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom