Borrowing gold and declaring war. Solution!

Attaturk

Warlord
Selling everything you have upfront for a lot of gold and declaring war is a semi-exploit and here is a proposal how it can be fixed.

There are two kind of deals, GPT, resource deals and loans.

GPT / Resource deal work as today. However loans, ie equivalent of trading GPT for instant GOLD are treated differently.

Loan is with a private bank and it is not broken by the war declaration. The only way to get rid of a loan is to capture the capital.

Essentially, whenever you are borrowing money from someone, you still have to repay to him/her unless you (or another player) captured their capital.

Thoughts?

Makes sense. The flaw comes with resource deals. If I go to war with someone, would I still be funneling uranium to them to complete our deals?

Makes sense I agree - the lux/strat resource for a solid gold amount is a little less clear cut. Ideally you could imagine trade being done trough enterprises with one another - but still. Maybe a reduced trade period for a gold equivalent at war - to simulate a slow down in trade at war?

Don't know how to fix it atm...

I can think of an easier one. Permanent war with AI if you do it twice. By the way, in my current Dido (deity) game i am in permanent war with everyone: every single AI declared on me at the same turn (i was taking 'war loans' multiple times) and it doesn't look like they're coming for peace. Just erased Caesar and Kamehameha completely, they never sued for peace..

So maybe making this modifier 'heavier' can make some people happy.

Top Bottom