civrev ships can't pass through??

jlwzap

Chieftain
Just put in only a few hours on DS that I just got last night, and ships cannot pass through cities!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I just built a city specifically so I could pass thru the continent to get at my enemies, but then found out that ships cannot even enter a city. What is the design purpose of that??:confused:

Not sure what the design purpose is, but it's really annoying. Found it to be a rather rude awakening the first time I tried it as well.

That's not specific to the DS, it goes for all versions of Civ Rev. I don't really mind it though.

What I don't like is the fact that when I build a boat - any boat - the chances of it ending up in the lake versus the ocean is 100%! WTF is that??

My first two galleys ended up in lakes that were actually at least one tile away (and the lakes were only two tiles long, so how would that be helpful?) while the ocean was closer. And because I couldn't put the boats into the city to move them to the ocean where they would be helpful, I was screwed.

And to top it off, I got a free cruiser from researching steam power - and guess where the freakin' ship ended up? Yep, the lake, or pond I should call it. Two tiles long....

I've had issues where, since my city was between two bodies of water, my ships appeared on the other side (and due to a bunch of factors, had to go nearly around the world to where I originally needed them to go).

Another thing about ships - up until galleons, you get a free scout. After that, you have to manually insert a unit (making it extra work to get that out of reach relic).

I think it would be really nice if ships could pass into the city to get to the other side of the land or even, if you have water on two sides you should be able to choose which side the boat goes onto becuase ive had a sililar problem like DK1421 described however not only was my free boat in the pond a whole 3 tiles big, every boat made in that city there after was in the same god forsaken pond. While on the other side of the city ( in a tile directly next to the city, no courthouse or anything) there was a nice beautiful ocean and the rest of the world that my ships were too scared to goto.

In short, LAME! :D

one of the many crappy aspects of this version. same thing happened to me. i spent so much time getting my units & ships ready only to find this out last minute.

Another thing about ships - up until galleons, you get a free scout. After that, you have to manually insert a unit (making it extra work to get that out of reach relic).

this is one of the new features i actually like...although when i first played i off loaded near a barb city thinking they had attack capabilities only to learn they do not...

With the map size creating a city takes up something as big as Italy, so to have all that converted to a boating zone would be unreal. Though it wouldn't be hard to move a ship by literally picking it up with cranes.

Top Bottom