QSC-C2r - Hannabaline & the 300 Spartans - Regent

Must apologize and resign from game. I think I now know why the uploads did not work - as I reach 2590 and get the Hoplite Spartan - game shuts off and save is lost. Says that I have uploaded H.S. incorrectly. No need to post all my turns if already my game is over. I did try and return to previous turns and restart - thinking that I could remove hoplite but - a) cannot remove him and "fix " him and b) game changes so that would be against the rules.

:cringe: :cry: :sad:

Many Thanks Cracker for setting up this game and I appreciate being included. Apologize again.

mcdan

@mcdan

I would try and re-install the Spartan hoplite folder. I had the same problem when I tried to replay part of the previous 'Irritated Mao' game after deleting the units needed for the save to work. After re-installing it worked fine.

The easiest way for me is to select all the contents of the zip file and extract to desktop. Then it's just a case of cut and paste the created folder into the Civilization III\Art\Units folder.

Hope this helps, if not you should PM cracker and maybe he can give you some better advice.

Good luck!

zenga

McDan, you should be able to fix the game easily if you can check to make sure the Spartan Hoplite is installed properly.

This is something that should be fairly straightforward and you need to master the trick because it will be fairly common practice in the comming months.

If the Spartan Hoplite is installed properly you will have a folder in your Civilization III/Art/units/ folder taht will be named "Spartan Hoplite". Inside that folder there should be six files one of which will be named "Spartan Hoplite.INI"

Your game is not broken, it just sounds like the spark plug wires are just miswired and we can fix that easily.

mcdan, how awful to do 30 turns and have the thing crash.

I am building a Spartan Hoplite. I am wondering if the same thing will happen to me once he appears.

We are all here and wanting to help. But replaying 30 turns will be taxing, I know.

Let us know how we can help.

stwils:love:

Here is the summary data table for 2590bc showing all players in both the emperor and regent groups.

The tech cost/value is different from Regent to Emperor, and you can see the Regent tech values displayed on the right hand side of the table in the tech section.

The tech costs are higher on Emperor and this means that the value of technolgy is greater because it costs more to obtain.

What dominates the difference between the two groups is that the Regent group is lagging behind almost across the board because early contacts are harder to come by. If you look at the Emperor game section, virtually every player has made contact with 4 neighbors while in the regent game the AI's have no early added units to help increase the chances of contacts. Contacts effect the direct cost of technology as well as the relative costs of traded techs and maps. Having fewer early contacts slows down the progress of the game even though technogly has a cheeper base cost.

31. turn - 2550BC: Leptis Magna founded. Changed prod at C to granary. Warrior at NE discovers Aztec city. No envoy yet. Two workers remain at NE of U to finish roads. Last worker goes to connect last tile SW of LM. Warrior SW of LM makes a short detour to scout mountains NW of LM before it goes to fortify in LM. LM produces Worker.

32. turn - 2510BC:

33. turn - 2470BC: Before this turn started, Aztecs contacted me. I gave them alph.+pott.+11G and got ceremonial b+warrior code+wheel+1 aztec worker. Eat that Abe :) Warrior just W of LM discovers lush lands with two rivers w/many floodplains and a goldmine in one of the surrounding mountains. Aztec worker joins our barbaric worker to connect LM to C and irrigate the ivory there. Finished connecting U to C. Horses discovered 3 tiles W of C, and 7 tiles E of C.

34. turn - 2430BC: Met an Iroquois scout NW of C. Gave him alph, got 41 gold. Checked my three neighbours citycount in the diploscreen. America still only has its capitol, while the two last has 2 cities.

35. turn - 2390BC: Warrior outside LM returns to guard it and the workers there. Warrior complete in U, started building granary. Move workers at U to mine grass SW of U.

36. turn - 2350BC: LM connected to C. Aztec has horses just outide Teotihuacans NW borders.

37. turn - 2310BC: LM workers start to irrigate Ivory W of LM. Mine finished in U, 1 red shield demands a mine at one of the other grasstiles, workers build a road there.

38. turn - 2270BC: Workers at U start mine NE of U. First barbaric warrior spotted 3 tiles east of LM. Warrior to NW spots a barbaric Apache encampment.

39. turn - 2230BC: Irr complete at LM ivory E, road started, will have to team the three imported/captured workers to maximise efficiency. Granary poprushed at C.

40. turn - 2190BC: Granary finished at C, order settler. Mine finished at U grasstile, move our native worker to connect road to future city W of C and horses there, barb worker moved to join the other foreign workers outisde LM. Warrior tries to capture Apache settlement in the NW, he dies trying. Warrior to N has to turn around now as he's surrounded by Aztec borders. Save made.

41. turn - 2150BC: Worker at LM complete, order Barracks. Worker sent to join other native worker N of U. Second Ivory tile near LM is being irr. by the workers there. Warrior in N sent to scout for barb camp in NW.

42. turn - 2110BC: Third foreign worker join gang outside LM. Bought horseback for 60G from Aztecs. I see that Abe has founded New York NE of Washington.

43. turn - 2070BC: Irr. complete at SW Ivory at U, moved workers to make road and irr at NW plain tile. Moved worker to horse to make road there.

44. turn - 2030BC: Second native worker join first N of U at horse tile.

45. turn - 1990BC: Horses conneced N of U. Move worker 1 tile SE to make road.

46. turn - 1950BC: Settler complete at C, order a new settler. Move settler to tile N of horses 4 tiles NW of C.

47. turn - 1910BC: Road finished at SE tile of horses. Move workers to tile NW of horses. Workers at LM start road towards our 5. city NE of LM. Poprushed Granary at U.

48. turn - 1870BC: Order Settler at U. Founded Theveste(T) at tile N of horses. 1 worker start irr. horses, while other start road SW of T. Order warrior at T.

49. turn - 1830BC:

50. turn - 1790BC: Irr at horse done, start&finish irr at
plains SE of T. Warrior now 5 tiles E of LM discover barb camp in mountains 7 tiles E of LM. Save game. Road now stretches 2 tiles NE of U.

51. turn - 1750BC: Writing researched. Go directly to diplo menu to trade it away. Get Iron working+communication w/Persians+33G from Aztec, he now has a total of three cities - Tlateloco built NE of capitol. Get 55G from abe, a ripoff - but better I get them than the Aztecs. Iroquois is flat broke and has no additional techs, but they have 3 cities like the Aztecs. The persians, like the Iroquois has little to offer, and only has a total of 2 cities. Open embassies in all known capitols except Washington. It will soon be mine anyway. Start and finish irr at roaded plains NW of U. Iron discovered at three places around C - 7 tiles NW, 3 tiles NE and 9 tiles NE. Will try to seize them all before any of my neighbours get them, starting with the one in the NW. Poprushed rax at U. Changed warrior prod at T to rax. Persia is located at the soutend of the continent S of americans. Start researching Lit at 50% science tax - finished in 20 turns.

52. turn - 1725BC: Rax finished at LM, start prod of S. Hoplite. Settler finished at C, ordered new settler at C. Move settler to desert tile SE of iron to the NW of C, he will get there in 4 turns. Irr finished NE of U. Move both workers to connect nearest iron NE of C. Warrior conquer Numidian barb camp to the NE - gains veteran status.

53. turn - 1700BC: Fortify warrior in NE. Send out warrior in LM to guard between LM and NW iron tile.

54. turn - 1675BC: Road finished toward future settlement in NE. Send workers to connect future city by iron tile in NW.

55. turn - 1650BC: Move warrior in NE towards SW he discovers another barb camp two tiles 5 tiles WNW of C. Had to reload this turn because I installed the parent folder called spartan unit into art/unit, and not the root folder under that called spartan unit :( . So when I clicked into LM the game froze with the unit art error.

56. turn - 1625BC: A warrior emerges from the barb camp towards my veteran. I fortify him on the hill where he stands since the barb warrior is on a hill too. Hippo(H) founded at first iron tile, 2 tiles N of T. Order worker at H.

57. turn - 1600BC: Settler finished at U, order it to go to 2. Iron tile - 3 tiles NE of C. workers go to irrigate and connect floodplains seperating T from H. Workers has reached NE iron tile, and start a road there. Our warrior eliminates barb warrior in NE, moves him down SW towards Gaul camp.

58. turn - 1575BC: Settler finished at C, orders a new one - sends him to hill on river near 3. Iron tile in the NE. Our warrior in NE destroys Gaul camp. Move him toward U to be upgraded to Swordman.

59. turn - 1550BC: Stopped warrior in NE heading for LM, and sent him along to guard the settler going to third iron. Workers finish hooking up iron 3 tiles NE of C, the 2 workers will start hooking up the two new cities NE of C with roads.

60. turn - 1525BC: Leptis Minor(LMi) founded at 2. irontile. Sent warrior between LM and H to LM to be upgr. Warrior at U sent to fortify at horses S of T. Start road on hill NE of LMi. Final Save made for 2. C2r report.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Singularity_QSC_C2r_2190_BC.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Singularity_QSC_C2r_1790_BC.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Singularity_QSC_C2r_1525_BC.SAV

Here is a screen at 1525BC showing my expansion of cities numbered from 1. to my future 7. city.

There is not a lot to discuss with the first 30 turns, though I will admit I was a bit frustrated not to find any barbie huts for myself.

Well to sum it up nicely. I bummed out on granaries. I researched pottery after turn 15 like many others. But stupid me continued to make settlers instead of getting that granary. The statistics says it all.

In addition I had a very inefficient scout pattern with my warriors, instead of going out on axes, they criscrossed from coast to coast. Something leading to late contacts. The only thing I'm happy with is city placement and making reasonable good tradedeals. IMO there's no question that making granaries is a top priroity to get the game underway, especially on higher diff. levels. If this had been an emperor game I would've be kneedeep in **** now.

I rather like the removal of huts, since it adds a limited degree of variations to the luck factor in the game from player to player. You might say that raw skill will show much better how each and every one of us will manage as the game moves on. Infrastucture choices, army size, workforce and so on. I like the facta sheet Cracker :)

That's right. I forgot Cracker did not have huts in this. In QSC 1 we had barbs and huts and luck told the tale.

As for granaries. I did not build one either.

What is the consensus about how valuable granaries are in the early game?

stwils

I think you have to look at the granary issue in context of the game plan.

Your objective here is fast domination which requires you to get 2/3rds of the land mass within your borders + 2/3rds of the world's population.

Fast growth is essential to both these objectives. quick domination victories require that you tyr to get the planet covereed with cities as quickly as possible and then to get approximately 2/3rds of those cities within your borders. Using the AI rivals to help you settle the planet is usually a big part of this game plan and then you have to time your military sweeps to take their cities into your possession of be able to replace them as you go.

The landmass configuartion for this game basically means that the ideal strategy my look like: 1) get the home continent filled with cities belonging to someone 2) ethnic cleanse the starting continent. 3) find the rest of the world 4) top off your 66.67% via warfare + settlers.

These games tend to be swordsmen-horsemen-knights driven and in many ways they are a process of strategic denial of iron quickly.

------------

PS, there are some huts in this game just none that are right in your lap as in the prior two QSC games. The scattered barb workers are an incentive to reward you for exploring quickly.

QSC C2r by Takeo

Turn 1

2550BC
Make peace with america and get 10g, they lost a warrior, archer, worker
and their road to incense. so they should be slowed for a while.

2510BC
warrior heads home from brief war

2430BC
Carthage builds settler starts spartan hoplite, settler heads west

2270BC
Leptis Magna founded-warrior started

2230BC
Carthage builds spartan hoplite-start settler, Utica builds settler
starts warrior

---------------
Here is where i saved on saturday. I got back to it sunday evening
and played from 2230BC to 1650BC, and the power went out. I had
not saved notepad, so the turnlog from all those years is lost.
Thanks for there being a civ3 autosave! so i didn't lose what i
did, but i lost how i got there. I know that is not in my control,
but i still want to apologize. Don't know how the weather is
everywhere else, but the tristate area around Cincinnati has
experianced an icestorm yesterday and today. I live about 10
miles south of Cinci in Kentucky. Have had 2 different power
outages today.
---------------

Summary of events during those missing turns(by memory)-

-3 more cities founded
-several warriors and chariots built
-discover writing, started on Mathematics
-sold or gifted writing
-bought iron working

can't remember more than that.

1625BC
Carthage builds settler-starts spartan, discover mathematics-
start research on mapmaking

1550BC
Utica builds settler-starts spartan

1525BC
Sabratha founded-worker started worker, Rusicade founded-spartan started

--End of turn 3--

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Takeo_QSC_C2r_bc2190.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Takeo_QSC_C2r_bc1790.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Takeo_QSC_C2r_bc1525.SAV

Takeo

My computer has been doing some odd stuff too, though I am not entirely certain it is the fault of Civ3, just stupid Windows XP. Anyway, I had a hard lock, lost all of my log, but started from where I left off last time again and did it all over again. I was so mad I did not even remember what I did before, so no harm done.

2550BC
Utica founded, start warrior.
W2 north.
W1 southeast.

2510BC
Worker finishes mine, CTRL-R to Utica.
W2 northwest.
W1 southeast.

2470BC
Carthage size 4, increase lux to 10%.
W2 north.
W1 south.

2430BC
W2 west.
W1 south.

2390BC
Carthage finishes Hoplite, start settler.
Hoplite fortify.
W2 west.
W1 southwest.

2350BC
W2 south.
W1 southeast.

2310BC
W2 southwest,
W1 west,

2270BC
W1 southwest.
W2 west.
Worker completes road to Utica, moves south to irrigate desert.

2230BC
W1 west.
W2 west.

2190BC
Carthage completes settler. Starts worker.
Settler to new city site, to the northeast of Carthage.
Worker completes irrigation, CTRL-R road to next city.
W2 southwest.
W1 west.

-----End Turn 40-----

2150BC
Writing completes.
Warrior (W3) completed in Utica, start Granary.
W3 northeast.
W2 east.
W1 southwest.

2110BC
Carthage completes worker (work2), starts settler.
Work2 starts road to next city location.
W3 northeast.
W2 northeast.
W1 south.

At this point, I decide to check in on my neighbors.
MOntezuma (Polite) - 2 cities, has the Wheel and Mysticism. Does not have Writing.
I trade contact with the Americans and 25gp for Mysticism.
Hiawatha (Cautious) - 1 city, has the Wheel, but not Writing.
I trade 75gp for the Wheel, he becomes Polite.
Abe (Cautious) - 2 cities, has Iron Working, but not the Wheel, Writing, or Mysticism.
I trade the Wheel and Writing for Iron WOrking.
I trade Mysticism and 50 gold for contact with the Persians.
Xerxes (Annoyed) - 2 cities, and has no techs to offer, but I have Alphabet, The Wheel, and CB.
I trade CB for 1 gp, leaving him with 2gp. He becomes Cautious.

Iron spotted just beyond Carthage. Need to get it hooked up soon!

2070BC
Leptis Magna founded, starts on warrior.
W3 northeast, spot barbarian worker.
W2 northeast.
W1 west.

Call on Xerxes (Annoyed?), who accepts my offer of Alphabet for 30gp. Returns to (Cautious).

2010BC
W3 to capture barbarian worker (work3) northeast.
Work3 sent to iron deposit.
W2 east.
W1 east.

1990BC
W1 east.
W2 east.
W3 northeast.
Tech to 80%. Literature due in 17 turns now.

1950BC
W3 northeast.
W2 east, spots barbarian camp.
W1 east.

1910BC
Settler completes in Carthange, start worker.
Settler sent west to next city site.
W3 southeast.
W2 east.
W1 east.
Road to Leptis Magna completed. Worker sent back to Utica to improve the shields produced there.

1870BC
Leptis Magna completes warrior (W4). Start barracks.
W4 sent to Utica.
Work3 starts road on iron.
Work1 mines ivory southwest of Utica.
W2 attacks barb camp and is victorious.
W1 east.
W3 southeast.
Switch Utica to Barracks.

1830BC
Carthage completes worker (work4), start next settler.
Work4 sent to Utica to improve shield production.
Theveste founded next to horses. Set to warrior.
W1 east.
W2 east.
W3 southwest.
W4 fortified in Utica.

1790BC
Work4 sent west to mine ivory.
W2 south.
W1 west.
W3 southeast.
Work2 moves to horses to start road.

Rival Checkup!
Monte (Polite) - 2 cities, and has Horseback Riding.
I trade 70gp for Horseback Riding.
Hiawatha (Polite) - 2 cities, and does not have Writing.
Nor will he for a little while.
Abe (Cautious) - 2 cities, tech parity with me.
Xerxes (Annoyed) - 2 cities, does not have the Wheel or Writing.
I trade him the WHeel for 3gp. He is now Cautious.

-----End Turn 50-----

1750BC
W1 east.
W2 west. (Monte is getting kinda close to some horses and iron here.)
Work1 starts road.
W3 south, spots another barb worker!

1725BC
We learn that the number 5 can be used at the end of the year now, not just in other parts of the year.
W1 southeast.
W2 south.
W3 southwest.

1700BC
Damn it Monte, he builds Tiatelolco in a decent spot, I will have to take it soon.
Work1 north to mine.
Horses are hooked!
Mine horses.
W3 south to capture barb worker (Work5)
Work5 immediate starts road to horses to his southwest.

1675BC
Carthage finishes settler, start another one!
Settler sent northeast to found on coast.
Iron hooked!
Work3 starts road to next city site.
Work4 starts road.
W2 southeast.
W1 east.
W3 sent to Leptis Magna to fortify.

1650BC
W1 southeast.
W2 east.

1625BC
A barbarian has come into view near LM.
W3 sent northwest, to intercept barbarian.
Work3 back to LM.
Settler back to LM.
W2 south.
Work4 send to Carthage to begin mining.
Work2 southwest to irrigate.
W1 southeast.
Lux pulled back to 0%

1600BC
Barbarian moves southwest. Must be upset over the captured workers.
W3 attacks barbarian and kills him.
Settler north.
Work3 north.
Work4 mining.
W2 southwest to Theveste.
Work1 starts road.
W1 southeast.

1575BC
W2 fortifies in Theveste.
Theveste switched to Barracks.
Work2 northeast to clear forest.
W1 directed to LM.
W3 north.
Settler north.
Work3 starts road.

St. Augustine's Largest Nations of the World -
1. Chinese
2. Carthage :D
3. Greeks
4. Germans
5. Iriquois
6. Persians
7. Aztecs
8. Americans

Literature completed, start Mathematics!

1550BC
W3 northeast, spots barb factory.
Settler northeast.
Work1 east to mine.

1525BC
Carthage completes settler, starts another one!
Settler sent west to begin cutting off the passage between Aztecs and America,
Work4 starts road.
Work1 mines.
W3 attacks barb factory and is victorious.
Settler northeast.

Rival Check!
Monte (Polite) - 3 cities, does not have Literature.
Hiawatha (Cautious) - 3 cities, does not have Literature.
Abe (Cautious) - 2 cities, does not have Literature.
Xerxes (Cautious) - 3 cities, does not have Writing.

Gonna start cranking out Spartan Hoplites soon in all cities. Once I am done expanding, of course. =)

-----End Turn 60-----

Save files -
2190BC Save
1790BC Save
1525BC Save

After starting the game too late and struggling with the upload feature, here are my timelines for the parts 1-3 and the necessary files:

3550bc
3050bc
2590bc
2190bc
1790bc
1525bc
1275bc
1025bc
775bc

4000 BC Settler move E, Worker move SE
3950 BC found Carthago, worker move SE
3900 BC research pottery at 90%, worker irrigate
3800 BC worker build road
3700 BC build warrior, start barracks
3450 BC researched pottery, start research bronze working at 100%
3350 BC saw barbarian worker?
3150 BC capture barbarian worker?
3050 BC Americans show out of the blue, trade alphabet for warrior code and bronze working and 17 gold, start to research iron working
3000 BC build granary, start settler
2800 BC build settler, made contact with aztecs, trade masonry for ceremonial burial and 38 gold
2750 BC build utica
2630 BC connect ivory
2590 BC build settler, build warrior

2510 BC build Leptis Magna, saw another worker?
2470 BC researched iron working, there is lots of iron near by
2390 BC build settler
2270 BC capture another barb worker, make contact with Iroquoise, trade masonry for worker and 25 gold
2230 BC found Theveste
2190 BC researched the wheel
2150 BC build barracks, make contact with Persia
1870 BC found Hippo, researched Mysticism
1750 BC found leptis minor
1600 BC found sabratha
1525 BC after building more than 10 warriors, I start to connect iron for upgrading

1475 BC found rusicade, upgrade 11 warriors to swordsmen
1350 BC declare war on america
1325 BC destroy New York
1300 BC made contact with Greece, trade masonry for horseback riding + 20 gold
1250 BC found oea
1225 BC capture washington
1150 BC declare war on aztecs
1125 BC destroy arbel and susa, destroy boston (americans are history), destroy tlalteloco, found hameldrum
1100 BC destroy pasargardae
1050 BC capture Persepolis, destry persia
950 BC destroy teohuacan, trade world map with Iroquoise for writing and 8 gold
traded contact with the germans for 100 gold, traded masonry with germany for 16 gold
925 BC found cadiz
875 BC capture tenochtitlan, destry aztecs
775 BC declare war on iroquoise

next part will follow

Ronald

Whoa there Ronald!

Nice to see you join our little thing. But you should pay attention to the dates for each report submit. That means that you should've stopped at 1525BC. Next report at wednsday i think.

Nice game there Takeo. You should've been at Emperor diff.:)

Zenga Turns 31 - 60

2550BC(31)

Warr1 W to hill. Warr3 NE to forest. Slave1 finishes road on furs and moves SE back towards Carthage. Slave2 finishes road on horses and moves NE to bonus grass.

2510BC(32)

Warr1 S. Warr3 N to mount. Slaves start roads. Worker1 finishes road, start mine. Worker2 finishes road to Utica and moves NE to flood plain.

2470BC(33)

Carthage builds settler, start warrior. Settler heading ENE along road.

Warr1 W. Warr3 N. Work2 starts to iirigate.

Lux tax to 0%. Sci to 90%.

2430BC(34)

Warr1 W. Warr3 N to Aztec border. Settler to hill on coast.

2390BC(35)

Carthage builds warrior (sent to Utica), start settler. Leptis Magna founded, start barracks.

Warr1 S to blue border. Warr3 W. Slaves finish roads move to forest together. Work1 SE and starts forest chop to get quick barracks in Leptis. Work2 starts road.

Contact made with Aztecs and Persia.
Trade Persia Alphabet for BW and 1g.
Trade Aztecs Alphabet for Ceremonial Burial, Iron Working and 12g.
Trade Aztecs The Wheel for 27g. Everybody's now skint except us.

2350BC(36)

Warr1 NW. Warr3 W. Slaves begin forest road.

Carthage size 4, lux tax to 10%.

2310BC(37)

Warr1 NW. Warr3 W. Work2 finishes road and moves NE to ivory. Next city going in this direction.

2270BC(38)

Warr1 NE. Warr3 W. Work2 starts road. Sci down to 70%.

2230BC(39)

Barb warrior appears S of Utica.

Utica builds warrior (sent S to forest for barb), start warrior. Carthage builds settler (sent NW along road for ivory), start warrior.

Warr1 N (lots of incense between America and Persia). Warr3 W (more incense near coast here). Slaves finish forest road and go to iron hill N of Carthage.

Sci back up to 80% after settler to get Writing in 1, lux back to 0%.

2190BC(40)

Barb loses versus warrior. Another appears NE of Leptis.

Writing researched, start Mathematics at 80% (due in 13).

Warrior that defeated barb goes S to find camp. MP in Carthage heads for Leptis. Lux tax to 10%.

Warr1 NW heading homeward. Warr3 meets Iroquois scouts and heads W. Slaves start road on iron. Work1 finishes chop and starts to mine. Work2 finishes road on ivory and moves N to 2nd ivory.

Contact with Iroquois reveals they have no contact with America or Persia (same with Aztecs). They have Mysticism but no Alphabet or Iron Working.
Trade Alphabet and contact with America for Mysticism and 6g.

Zenga 2190AD

2150BC(41)

Carthage builds warrior, start settler.

MP arrives in Leptis for barb next turn. Warrior S of Utica finds camp.

Warr3 in N heads W again. Work2 starts road on 2nd ivory.

Theveste founded, start warrior. City founding puts ivory inside borders, lux to 0%. Sci up to 90%.
Buy worker from Iroquois for 25g.

2110BC(42)

Barb loses at Leptis and defender promotes to vet, warrior heads N to look for camp. Warr3 W. Camp dispersed S of Utica for 25g.

2070BC(43)

Iron hooked up. Stop logging worker movements. Scout in N sees Iroquois borders. Warrior finds camp NNE of Leptis on hill at river delta.

Nobody else has Writing yet. America doesn't have Mysticism. Persia and Aztecs don't have IW either. At this stage I may have traded or gifted tech, but going for Domination will keep them just now.

2030BC(44)

Utica builds warrior, start barracks. Iroquois scout spotted on way to America and Persia. Sell Hiawatha contact with Xerxes for 28g. Disperse camp N of Leptis.

1990BC(45)

Carthage builds settler, start barracks. Settler headin NE along road to E coast for furs.

Barb appears W of Utica, MP sent to defend slave working on horse.

1950BC(46)

Barb defeated near Utica, warrior heads to find camp. Theveste builds warrior, start barracks.

1910BC(47)

Warrior now in jungle, no sign of camp.

1870BC(48)

Hippo founded on E coast giving us furs, start granary for now. Sci down to 80%, Maths in 1.

Leptis builds barracks, start hoplite.

1830BC(49)

Maths researched, start Mapmaking at 100% (due in 11). America and Iroquois have Writing.

Camp found in jungle, seems to be deserted?

1790BC(50)

Warrior takes undefended camp for 25g.

Buy worker from Iroquois for 25g.

Zenga 1790AD

1750BC(51)

Carthage builds barracks, start temple.

1725BC(52)

Ivory up near Iroquois too.

1700BC(53)

1675BC(54)

All civs bar Aztecs have Horseback Riding.
Trade with Persia Writing for Horseback Riding and 1g. Everyone now has Writing, still got a monoploy on Maths.

1650BC(55)

Persia has IW now. Sci down to 90%, Maps in 3.

1625BC(56)

Barb appears NW of Utica. MP wins and will go for camp.

1600BC(57)

Carthage builds temple, start settler. Leptis builds hoplite, start sword.

Scouts report that the Aztec capital has spices nearby. Good stuff. MP from Utica goes barb hunting. Sci down to 80%, Maps in 1.

1575BC(58)

Mapmaking researched, start Currency at 100% (due in 10).

Trade Aztecs Masonry for World Map and 2g.
Trade Iroquois Maths for WM and 50g.
Trade America Maths for WM and 17g.
Trade Persia Maths for WM. That's cleared a lot of fog and shown barb camps.

Swap Hippo to galley.

1550BC(59)

Utica builds barracks, start hoplite. Warrior sidles up next to barb camp.

1525BC(60)

Carthage builds settler, start hoplite. Settler heads N along road.

Barb camp overrun for 25g.

Zenga 1525AD

I am in a real hurry as I have to go on business trip, no time for a good report.

2550bc : Granny-> Settler (due in 8) growth in 3. I can see a dark turquoise border south. Worker builidng road towards Ivory. Barb worker building mine in Carth. Had a slight weed on Lux/science slider since 2590, corrected now
2510bc : Contact Persia, they are down Alpha, the Wheel and CB, nothing to offer.
2470bc : See another Barb worker, got get him...
2430bc : Ivory connected.
2390bc : we capture another Barb worker.
2310bc : Settler produced in Carthage -> settler
2230bc : Utica founded North by Teotihuacan on river and Ivory, immediately connected by road. Set to Warrior. Warrior in south sees end of continent, moving back towards capital.

2190bc : Worker building road West towards new city site (furs)
2150bc : Barracks produced in Carth -> Hoplite.
2110bc : Settler produced -> Settler
2070bc : Persia has IW exchange vs Alphabet and the Wheel : I want to keep a fast tech pace so I am not greedy about techs. Iros have Horseback Riding exchange it for IW (Americans already have it) and Masonry + 3g
2030bc : utica produces Warrior-> Granny
1990bc : Settler still moving south..
ibt : "Most advanced" NeoCarth followed Iros, Americans and Persians...
1910bc : Spot first Barb. Leptis Magna founded on South lake..
1870bc : Spartan hoplite produced in Carth -> Horseman (for barbarians)
1830bc : Barb threatens my worker by Carth, Hoplite is moved towards it, also Leptis Magna will be ransacked, can't avoid it. Looking to spend money...
Americans have Mysticism for 113g : yes thank you very much !

1790bc : Leptis Magna ransacked for 37g but Barb in East is killed by hoplite no promotion. Barb camp seen by Hoplite.
1750bc : Barb camp (East) dispersed by Hoplite. Monte has Writing, very expensive but they are totally backwards so instead of them using Writing to get level, I exchange Pottery, Mysticism, IW, HB and 2 gpt for it.
Iros and Americans have those techs so it's just a matter of time before Monte trades Writing. I trade Writing to Americans for 98g (what they got from me for Mystic) and to the Iros one worker + 19g. I normally never buy workers but I saw
everybody do it so I have to do it as well.
1725bc : Another Barb camp dispersed (west), no promotion.
ibt : persians building Colossus, hahaha, they are so backwards.
1675bc : Horseman produced, goes to wipe a barb camp. Theveste is founded on west coast by furs and bg.
1650bc : settler produced, hesitate to go to rax for early war... horseman wipes a barb camp but still no promotion. I now have 375g and could do a swordsman rush with some horseman to take out America
and Persia, they are very weak. Decide to go the military way after this last settler
1550bc : All civs totally broke and weak, no deals.
1525bc : Barb camp found north, barb killed but no promotion. Hippo founded in NE.
Treasure : 440g making 17gpt and Currency due in 10 turns.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Skyfish_QSC-C2r_bc2190.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Skyfish_QSC-C2r_bc1790.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Skyfish_QSC-C2r_bc1525.SAV

2550 – Plan is have 2 settler cities with Granaries and 2 military cities with Barracks. Then as many other cities as I can.

2510 – Settler built. Sent N to build next to elephants. Luxuries 0%.

2470 – 2nd city (Utica) built. Worker under construction.

2430 – Northern Warrior sees outline of green lands, probably Aztec. Settler founds 3rd city – Leptis Magna – which will be built as a beautiful city in the hope that it will be discovered by archeologists 2000 years from now. A worker is in production there.

2390 – Worker built in Carthage. Sent N to Leptis.

2350 – Worker at Leptis begins irrigating elephant.

2310 – Writing discovered. Research Literature. Trade Lincoln Writing for Mysticism, Contact with the Persians, a Worker and 21 gold. Trade Xerxes Contact with the Aztecs and Ceremonial Burial for the Wheel plus 3 gold. He goes from being annoyed to cautious. Lincoln is cautious and Aztecs and Iroquois are polite.
Captured worker sent N to Leptis to help in road construction.
Establish Embassy with the Iroquois.

2270 - Program crashes when try to build Spartan Hoplite. Read on the website that McDan had same problem. Went back and fiddled with the installation. Finally realized that the .ini extension was dropped from the Spartan Hoplite file. Don’t know how that happened but was able to correct problem. However, had to reload about 5 times at this date.

Elephant at Leptis irrigated. Science 90%, Luxuries 0%.

2190 – Both Warriors heading N encounter a barb village.

--- End of Turn 40---

2150 – Settler built in Carthage. Barb Warrior leaves village and my Warrior attacks and loses.

2110 – Leptis builds Warrior. Heads north to confront barb village.

2070 – Worker built in Utica. Set to work road/mine bonus square. Barracks under construction.

2030 – Barb attacks Warrior and loses. Theveste founded east of capital. Set to work building Warrior.

1990 – Warrior attacks Barb village and loses! Must not be my day to wage war. Science reduced to 80%. Literature in 8 turns. Try to trade but only Iroquois have a tech I need – Iron Working- and they won’t trade anything.

1950 – Luxuries increased to 20% to head off unrest when pop grows in Carthage. Workers at Theveste building road to horses and mining bonus square.

1910 – Settler built in Carthage. Sent NE to build on coast next to fur square. Worker completes road to horses at Theveste. Sent to bonus square to road/mine. Warrior finally destroys barb village. Luxuries 0%.

1790 – Settler and Warrior going to NE coast see Barb Village. Northern Warrior exploring near Iroquois lands.

---End of Turn 50---

1750 – Warrior from Leptis kills Barb Warrior. Trade – Aztecs give Iron Working and 4 gold for Alphabet and Masonry. I want to trade Xerxes for Horseback Riding but he wants too much and I decide to wait a little. Establish Embassy with Persia.

1725 – Warrior to NE destroys Barb Village. Workers completing road to connect Theveste to new town to be formed in NE by furs. Science reduced to 60%. Embassy established with Aztecs.

1700 – Literature discovered. Researching Map Making. Settler grown in Carthage sets off for NW to secure iron deposit. 2 Workers building road from Utica to Leptis, through the horse square. Research set to 80%. Carthage starts work on Great Library.

1675 – Hippo founded in NE. Try trading with Xerxes but he still wants too much for Horseback Riding.

1650 – Production in Leptis switched from Spartan to Settler at last minute to secure more land N of Carthage. Warrior exploring to the N crosses Iroquois land at its narrowest point.

1625 – Warrior destroys Barb Village to NW. Road completed to town of Hippo in NE. Establish Embassy with Americans.

1600 – Settler going NW to iron sees Barb Village and halts. Warrior is 2 squares away. Settler may have to retreat next turn. Another Barb comes out of mountains and heads toward Theveste. Warrior from Hippo is dispatched to handle him.

1575 – Settler retreating. Warrior coming to his rescue.

1550 – Warrior in Theveste defeats attacking Barb Warrior. Warrior exploring northern lands destroys Barb Village. Negotiate with Xerxes for Horseback Riding. He wants Ceremonial Burial, Writing and 25 gold. I decide to wait as I do not have a need for Horsemen to attack at present time.
1525 – Leptis Minor founded. Warrior defending northern Settler defeats Barb Warrior attack. Moves against Barb Village. Luxuries increased to 10% to head off possible unrest in Carthage when pop increases.

---End of Turn 60---

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Zagnut_QSC_c2r_bc2190.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Zagnut_QSC_c2r_bc1790.SAV
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Zagnut_QSC_c2r_bc1525.SAV

Top Bottom