AI cities never pollute terrain

Sir_Lancelot

Emperor
Have anyone ever seen polluted terrain around AI cities? Nuclear incidents does not count here, I talk about regular pollution. I see that AI cities pollute very much, but they never cause polluted terrain.

They never build Mass Transit. I'm not sure if I have seen them build Recycling Center.

Version 2.42.

I have. It couldn't possibly have been due to nuclear influences since nobody was anywhere close to building the Manhattan Project. So yes, the AI cities can and do pollute terrain. They just never clean it up!

I have. It couldn't possibly have been due to nuclear influences since nobody was anywhere close to building the Manhattan Project.
That's good! Same game version as mine?

So yes, the AI cities can and do pollute terrain. They just never clean it up!
They never clean up? My experience is that they do clean up polluted tiles, and they seem to do it relatively quick. It's not last on their priorities. I have caused pollution with nukes, and I have also tried to manually pollute their terrain in cheat mode.

That's good! Same game version as mine?
I'm not sure what version I'm using. It's just the basic one, no frills, and I haven't done any patches. I also don't use Cheat Mode.

They never clean up? My experience is that they do clean up polluted tiles, and they seem to do it relatively quick. It's not last on their priorities. I have caused pollution with nukes, and I have also tried to manually pollute their terrain in cheat mode.
Let's say that I never see them cleaning up. I see them mucking around on other squares and totally ignoring a polluted square, and it irritates me 'cause I know the computer is going to freak as soon as I take over that city - oh noes - pollution! :run:

What bugs me is how come the AI never experiences global warming and has their terrain turn to swamp and desert? :mad:

Maybe I just have the misfortune to play against lazy slobs. :(

I'm not sure what version I'm using. It's just the basic one, no frills, and I haven't done any patches. I also don't use Cheat Mode.

Let's say that I never see them cleaning up. I see them mucking around on other squares and totally ignoring a polluted square, and it irritates me 'cause I know the computer is going to freak as soon as I take over that city - oh noes - pollution! :run:

What bugs me is how come the AI never experiences global warming and has their terrain turn to swamp and desert? :mad:

Maybe I just have the misfortune to play against lazy slobs. :(

You can see version info in one of the game menus with game settings. I think you have version 1.xx something, 2.42 (that I use) is the patched version.

AI settlers are a very confused bunch of workers, I think they are braindead. But they will get the work done, eventually.

I tested out global warming, and I had it happen several times. And the AI suffered as much as I did. Actually they suffered more because their settlers are so incompetent and few.

The first few times the inland got drier and the coastline got swamp and jungle. Later, almost all terrain would become swamp/jungle, :( the only unaffected tiles were glacier, tundra, hills and mountain.

What I found out is that the amount of pollution produced is not what triggers global warming, it is the number of polluted tiles that triggers it.

I spawned 100 NON-settlers for every AI and it seems like they move most of them around without putting them to work, even though most of their city areas are swamp. Four settlers may be stacked on a tile seemingly doing nothing (no "I" on them), but strangely enough the swamp becomes grassland after a long time.
So maybe their confused settlers actually do work although it may look like they're either standing idle or moving around at random. But they are at best very inefficient.

I see AI settlers cleaning up my pollution all the time. Thanks, AI! At least your annoying settlers that walks around my empire can do some good. :)

What I never see is AI cities polluting but probably that has to be the case or global warming would occur all the time in the endgame otherwise since the AI doesn't seem to prioritize the buildings that slows/stops pollution.

How about sending me your AI pollution cleaners? Unlike the lazy ones in my games, yours seem to have some initiative. My AI opponents never clean up their own messes, let alone mine - I have to do that myself! :lol:

Top Bottom