3rdTribesTheCharm

bathsheba666

Fast 'n Bulbous
Current playing order:
- Chasbolt [-5] -- Rameses II of Arabia, Frederick of Mali, Kublai Khan of Egypt,
- Hercules90 [0] - - Hammurabi of Byzantium, Isabella of HRE, Augustus Caesar of France
- Rodrigo Costa [?] - - Mehmed ?
- PatriotNorwood [-5] - - Suleiman of Rome, Mao Tse Tung of Germany, Asoka of Korea
- Sinimusta [+2] - - Tokugawa of India, Charlemagne of Mongolia, Alexander of Ethiopia
- Count1 [0] - - Joao of China, Sitting Bull of Maya, Victoria of Native America

[GMT]

Chasbolt replaced Zoot Horn Rollo
Rodrigo Costa replaced Kenwyn
PatriotNorwood replaced Osbiath.

Game is on pbemtracker: http://www.pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=178

Huge map
Big and Small Snaky Continents, Islands mixed in.
Low seas, temperate
No teams or tech trading
Advanced Start ~360 points
Raging Barbs (I think)
Diplo victory off.
Monarch.

3 tribes each.
Random leaders per tribe, and random allocation per player.

I am looking for 5 others to play.

The 6 of us will be running 3 tribes each on a huge map with no ai.

Big & Small Map with islands mixed in, toroidal, low seas.

Other options can be discussed. Use of pbemtracker is mandatory.

If interested:

1) add your names below.

2) register at pbemtracker, and join the game here: http://www.pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=178

Excellent.

Forgot to say, please add your timezone also for play order.

Also add your leader and tribe choices (unless you want to keep it a surprise until just before i start it)

I'm happy with random leader/ tribe choices, unless a majority object.

I'm also happy with more than one player having the same leader and/or tribe choices as someone else, again unless a majority object.

When you add your name, if you have any game preferences for other options, please share them.

Hi! I could try this game. It would be my first pbem. So I'd need register in pbemtracker.com? Timezone is +2GMT and I'm ok with random leader as I like the surprise.

Hey Sinimusta, glad to see you got my pm and decided to join, welcome. And yes you need to register with pbemtracker, its fairly easy to do and is a big help to keep the game moving.

This seems to be an excellent format, i'm definitely in if room. :bowdown:
Save me from GofM "contests"! This is a MUCH better use of my gaming time. :thumbsup:

Also, don't know if U'v contacted him, or he U... there is a new-PBEM player Finland that just signed up here. Seems sharp & Civ 4 experienced.
Maybe a possibility? :scan:

Oops, see he's already onboard. Welcome "sinim". :wavey:

Hi, I'll join if it's not full. Could do with another game & not tried 3 tribes before.

UK - GMT 0

Thanks everyone for joining.

I'm just waiting for the remaining 3 to register on pbemtracker, and for sinimusta to send me the email address.

Let us assume we have the 6 now.

So, any requests for or against any particular game settings or options ?

I'd like to turn off diplo victory, and perhaps turn on raging barbs, keep events.

Anyone for or against, or other options ?

Generally people prefer tech trading / brokering turned off.

Also there is a question of teams - if your 3 tribes are put in teams, they automatically share research points. Some people feel this speeds up research too much. Also there is a theory that teams tend to be located near each other when tribes are placed. The other option is no teams, so no tech sharing, and more chance the tribes will be distributed a bit more randomly.
I am not sure about the location thing, but i have seen recent suggestions that this is so.
Random location implies more need to care for diplo or alliances in different parts of the map - its easier to play if you just have one bloc of 3 tribes that have each others backs.

Also, do we want advanced start ? - start with a few points enabling purchase of a few (or many) units, or cities, or settlers, or workers, or techs. I am not in favour of many points, but a few units to start the game with can speed us through the open save, click end of turn cycles that infest the start of a normal game. Advanced start also gives you more scope for optimal city placement at the beginning- can take the edge off 'poor' starts.

Make your views known, and think about what tribes you want, if not going random.

Also, as default we will be doing the usual follow the sun playing order.

However, we seem to have clusters of people in UK and West Coast timezone, so if you have specific times of day when you either do or do not play, please let me know and i'll try to tune the order accordingly.

"Generally people prefer tech trading / brokering turned off."
What exactly is the difference? :confused:

My 25 cents worth
:
> love random events (& maybe we will have a couple of Quests to pursue?!)
> raging barbs IF we are starting at something less than "Emperor" level
> no weird, unnatural maps; just good old natural, realistic, random with enuf ocean to add the naval & air (if we survive that long) aspects to have real world meaningfullness (low sea? provides plenty of land while still making navy & air important)
> random civs = more breath & challenge?! :cooool:
> if we end up in teams; i'd reco NOT doing an Advance start due to the aforementioned rapid advance in shared techs, maps, religion, etc (U could also offset some of advantages by setting level higher (Monarch or higher)
> if we do 3 separate civs, then an advanced start = good idea

As for play times... "semi-retired", i keep rather odd hours, typically get up ~0400-0500 Pacific, so maybe put me before others out West(?)

I joined on Tracker.
Thanks for putting this together for us All. :thanx:

"Generally people prefer tech trading / brokering turned off."
What exactly is the difference? :confused:

Can't remember which is which, but one option allows you to trade any tech you have,
while the other allows you to only trade a tech that you previously researched yourself.

Tech brokering=trading a tech you haven't teched

I'd like to have tech trading as it would encourage players to co-operate. Problem is if the 3 civs aren't a team those that have their civs in contact are way ahead thant those whose civs are separated.

I'd like to keep the tech phase reasonably slow. So no to teams. Unfortunately this may mean that player who has their civs close together is overpowered, so which is the lesser evil?

Advanced start is ok but with low points as Batsheba said. I prefer normal start though.

Top Bottom