WW2 Unit Graphics

"I think you're turning Japanese, I think you're turning Japanese I really think so"
the clip is so much creepier than I remembered

:lol: That brings back memories from the 80's....

Um, I'm really not planning to draw any Japanese a/c btw unless Tech had a nearly finished scenario; my work is cut out doing the western ww2 and SCW OG stuff unfortunately. I know someone who could draw em though.... ;)

Attachments

• fairline ww2 romanian.png
    fairline ww2 romanian.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,537
Well, I made these easy tweaks and recolours, the Royal Yugos, which is quite a wild assortment of materiel...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Yugoslav_Air_Force

I love your shiny Fury, it was like the Mig21 or F16 of the interbellum, practically everybody flew some version it. :king:

Ok, division of labour then. I try the Japs. Banzai!

-edit- The single roundel of the Yugo Bf109 is oddly enough, historically accurate.

Attachments

• Tanelorn VVKJ.png
    Tanelorn VVKJ.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,237
Here you go, converted into ToT format. Why don't you send me your units file btw and I can convert any OG units you may need.

Thanks. I'm just into the planning stage for OOB s and TOWEs, and beginning the collection of units. I'll send you the first cut at a units file in a week or two. Btw, is one of those bombers a Ca-135?

Tanelorn said:
Ok, division of labour then. I try the Japs. Banzai!
Grand! Shall I compile a list of requests?

Nope, we've covered just about every Italian aircraft except the Ca. 135 :)

I assume you want a Hungarian version, or Italian?

Hi Tanelorn.

Here's my wish list. It's too long to make all the units, I'm sure, but still far from comprehensive.

These units are done, and should not require more work: KI-27 Nate, Ki-43 Oscar, AGM2 Zero, Ki-45 Nick, Ki-61 Tony.

These units are done, but may need some tweaking: D3A Val, B59 Kate, Ki-21 Sally, G4M Betty, Ki-49 Helen.

This is a list of suggestions. A=Army N=Navy F=Fighter B=Bomber C=Carrier. Year is when it first flew; in most cases it would have entered service one year later. Here's the wikipedia article I referenced: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_Japan_during_World_War_II

(fighters): Ki-43 Claude (N-CF '37), Ki-44 Tojo (A-F '41), Ki-46 Dinah (A-F '41), J2M Jack (N-F '42), N1K2 -J George (N-F '43), Ki-84 Frank (A-F '43).

(bombers):, G3M Nell (N-B '35), Ki-51 Sonia (A-B '39), Ki-48 Lily (A-B '40), D4Y Judy (N-CB '42), Ki-61 Peggy (N-B '42), P1Y1 Frances (N-B '43).

Please let me know if I can help in any way. :thumbsup:

That's a lot of planes to draw for one person Tim. Do you wanna go 50-50 and I'll draw half?

@ Tech OK I knew I drew something similar for you. Were they very different aircraft or could you use that one?

Ok, this is absolutely great news!
Let's start with the Tojo:

I will take on the G3M next, ok?

Attachments

• Tanelorn Nakajima Ki-44 Shoki.png
    Tanelorn Nakajima Ki-44 Shoki.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,073
I´ve looked a little bit around and found some Japanese units which I downloaded a long time ago. I´ve compiled them into one file. Maybe they are useful. :)

@Fairline:
Please send me your icons file. The ingame icons looking horrible and I would like to exchange them. ;)

Attachments

• Japanese Units.png
    Japanese Units.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 1,849
I´ve looked a little bit around and found some Japanese units which I downloaded a long time ago. I´ve compiled them into one file. Maybe they are useful. :)

@Fairline:
Please send me your icons file. The ingame icons looking horrible and I would like to exchange them. ;)

OK C2U will do (bear in mind they are just 2-view ToT-type rather than multiview sprites)

Remind me of your e-mail address will you :)

Well, I have good 3d models of the D3A Val, B5N Kate, D4Y2 Susei, G3M Rikko, G4M Betty, J2M Raiden, Ki48 Sokei, N1K Shinden and P1Y Ginga to work with.
I also have a 47mm type 1 At gun a 149mm type 96 howitzer, the Nagara light cruiser and some destroyer models which I could do if anyone is interested. :ninja:

so that leaves Dinah, Sonia, Lily, Peggy and Frances for me xD

Sounds like a Posh girl-band from the 50's :)

Rightyo

Peggy is so sexy though, she starred in Nemo's 2194 days of war beck in the day... :)
Ann has an interesting story (too similar to Sonia however), Helen and Jane/Gwen need a makeover, Jill & Mary...
and the show is not over before big fat Emily sings!

Top Bottom