game crashes with any mod - please help - it used to work

tenko

Chieftain
good people of civfanatics.com!

when i found this website i found a whole different level of joy with civ5 through mods. it was fun ^_^ i played the cthulhu mod without any problems. then i started playing equestria and the game suddenly froze, crashed and quit in 86th turn. i can't play any mods since ;~;

as countermeasures, i reinstalled civ. then steam. then formatted the mac and reinstalled the os, installed steam and civ anew. nothing. now i tried all the tips i found here and online, and i just cant make it work. hjeeeelp... please?

what goes wrong: each time i choose to play mods, it crashes right after the game setup > start game. bye bye civ.

the game works normally in non-mod mode.

i'm fresh outta ideas and there are so many mods out there to try!
i wanna cry. anyone has any ideas on how to fix this???

details that might or might not be important:
when setting up the game in mods mode, the list ow players civs doesn't work properly too. there is no scrollbar there. to choose a civ to play with i went to advanced setup and chose it there (team1 field).
the cache files verification shows 1 file as corrupted and to be replaced - the main menu.lua file apparently. is this normal that after adding these -- two lines the system categorises this file as a corrupt one?
i did check my computer compatibility too, it's compatible (although it'd be weird if that were the problem, cause i was successfully playing for a year and half now in the non modded mode). there's nothing wrong with the hardware, and other soft is unlikely due to the fresh clean install thing i did.
i'm playing bnw apparently.

thanks to a friend's advice to try each mod one by one to check if they're faulty or not, i have found the culprit of that "no scrollbar + immediate crash" error - it was the kingdom of kongo v.1 mod.
was playing cthulhu now for 4 hours, all fine. apparently the case is solved :) still have problems with equestria, but that is probably due to game version compatibility, a diff subject.

Well done. Were you ever able to play with kongo enabled?

Top Bottom