Corporation Strategy

Actually they can if the spy is aboard a Caravel or Attack Submarine, as I found out to my great annoyance in a PBEM.

Really !!!(??? Oh ...(fcuk)... I have never imagined they could! ;) Now I stand (more like lie) corrected ! :) ;)

Yeah--James Bond in a SCUBA suit, setting off explosives before swimming to shore and, well, you know...

I doubt AIs have the intelligence to do that though. Even the human player who blew up my Offshore Platform that way left his Attack Submarine on the tile to leave no doubt about the perpetrator, though I suppose he actually wanted me to know that it was him since this was the last act in a long terror campaign against me, shortly after I closed borders on him and shortly before I and three other players dog piled him for his continued obnoxious behavior.

I doubt AIs have the intelligence to do that though.
They might do it out of stupidity, but at least now I know I can do it to them before they can do it to me! :devil:

But um......

Wouldn`t it be a little more efficient to just pillage the tile instead? (I mean, if you`re antagonistic enough with that civ..... why not just declare war and/or send in the privateers/subs/stealth destroyers instead?)

I'm going to have to check out if a spy in a galley works, sometimes just knocking of one crab opens up a trade that you just cannot get otherwise. not the crab but the fur it is traded for...

Corps is all about resources and number of cities. Many small cities 2 tiles apart makes it more profitable than big, spaced out cities. I had a game with cold, big, global highlands with many small tundracities and huge amount of resources. Mining inc gave 20+hammer/city and I produced more than the rest of the world. In cases like this founding mining inc is like reaching a victory kondition, its not even fun to finish game. SP is quite tilebased to build ws and wm. So when deciding corps vs SP evaluate your land for WS and WM vs amount of cities and corpresources. And dont forget citymaintenance.
Twenty Hammers per City. Hard to believe but true. Grimith was playing as Shaka on Emperor (Standard map) when Churchill's two Vassals gave him pause from further warmongering. So he switched to Corporate mode, creating Mining Inc and entering the Spacerace. Was thinking about using this method on maps where I wind up on a smaller Continent (or isolated on an island) and have no hope of taking down a hegemon elsewhere. And BTW what does WM stand for? Thanks.

Last edited:
You do realize you are quoting a 9year old post and asking that poster a question?

WM = watermill from context

To be complete: WS = Workshop. :p

You do realize you are quoting a 9year old post and asking that poster a question?

WM = watermill from context
Yep. Sorry but that's the closest a Google search came to answering my question(s). Using this site's Search comes up with vague or irrelevant responses. Thanks for clarifying WM. Cheers!

Top Bottom