What are the effects of trading for the Tech you're currently researching?

Arturo

gEek
I have learned the hard way that changing your research choice in the Science Advisor screen (F6) causes you to lose all accummulated research, but what effect does trading to get the Tech that you are currently researching have?

For example:
I am researching Democracy with 4 turns left to go, after researching it for 6 turns already. Now I open a trade negotiation with another civ and I buy democracy from them. My research automatically changes over to another Tech.

1. Do I lose the 6 turns worth of research I've accumulated?

2. If NOT (i.e, still got all that research stashed), can I then change the new research from the one the computer chooses for me, and STILL not lose all my accumulated research?

If you will always lose your research, then trading for a tech you are researching has some pretty serious impact.

3. Also, when you buy the Tech you are researching, how does the computer choose which one to change to?

Originally posted by Arturo
I1. Do I lose the 6 turns worth of research I've accumulated?

2. If NOT (i.e, still got all that research stashed), can I then change the new research from the one the computer chooses for me, and STILL not lose all my accumulated research?

If you will always lose your research, then trading for a tech you are researching has some pretty serious impact.

3. Also, when you buy the Tech you are researching, how does the computer choose which one to change to?

1) You loose the 6 turns of research, but you are able to buy it cheaper because the AI calculates the tech value somehow by how much it would cost you to research it by yourself.

3) you can choose the next tech yourself by going to to the tech screen and overrule what the computer is selecting

Ronald

Top Bottom