Financial contribution to C2C modding?

lobosan

Warlord
Dear C2C modding team,

I am following the big Steam/Skyrim payed mod experiment (to put it politely).
First, I was very worried about a "tragedy of the commons" situation were a shared-resource system fails due to a breakdown of access controls. Hover, after listening to Gopher (gophervids) and TotalBiscuit on payed mods, I think that paying for mods needs to be an option. I just don't know how that would work in a fair way and without stymieing the modding hobby scene ...

Meanwhile, would it be helpful to donate to the C2C effort and how would I do it?
According to steam, I played over 2,500 hours of civ with exclusively the C2C mod (mostly while watching netflix, waiting for my turn :) ).

Take my money!

Short answer - paying for the mod is against the rules. :D
OK. How about donating a software license to a poor student or such?
I am just too lazy to build up adequate python skills to be of help. I have done XML ETL but I think I have been punished enough ;)

Dear C2C modding team,

I am following the big Steam/Skyrim payed mod experiment (to put it politely).
First, I was very worried about a "tragedy of the commons" situation were a shared-resource system fails due to a breakdown of access controls. Hover, after listening to Gopher (gophervids) and TotalBiscuit on payed mods, I think that paying for mods needs to be an option. I just don't know how that would work in a fair way and without stymieing the modding hobby scene ...

Meanwhile, would it be helpful to donate to the C2C effort and how would I do it?
According to steam, I played over 2,500 hours of civ with exclusively the C2C mod (mostly while watching netflix, waiting for my turn :) ).

Take my money!

I wondered the same thing when I first discovered C2C. The thing is, it merges contributions from many, many people (some even going back far before C2C was even started), small things as well as huge efforts, some of them would be very hard to track down, some explicitely excluding any form of commercial exploitation of their work.

So my take is, the best way to "donate" for C2C if you really want (and can) is in fact to donate some time and efforts to continue improving the mod - reporting bugs, looking in the "help wanted ads" thread, suggesting or commenting improvement ideas... ;)

Top Bottom