Tech Tree Discussion

Fair enough (though I'd probably keep Shamanism in, regardless). Just change Shamanism to OR Animism, AND Bead-making and the arrows will still be pretty reasonable.

You missed my edit about the space ship parts that need to be moved.

Due to illness I was not able to get to the tech tree yesterday, perhaps today.

Oh, so I did. Here we are instead:

SS Docking Bay = Commercial Spaceflight (was Attometre Engineering)
SS Thrusters = Controlled Plasma (was Endogenous Euclidean Propulsion)
SS Life Support = Advanced Environmental Systems (was Advanced Seedships)
SS Engine = Mass Driver (was Endogenous Euclidean Propulsion)
SS Cockpit = Interactive Glass (was Galactic Federation)
SS Casing = Superstrong Alloys (was Megastrong Alloys)

SS Stasis Chamber = stays at Cryogenics (which should be called Cryonics)

Making the Religions Modular is going to be harder than first thought. However I have made a first attempt.

@Arakhor I was not able to do your changes to the tech tree because your file is in a different order to the one on the SVN. I need to find the program that used to come with C2C but was removed to reduce the down load size.

Well, yes; the ones I altered are listed in alphabetical order, to make finding them easier. The only things I changed though were X/Y coordinates and the Or/And prereqs.

Well, yes; the ones I altered are listed in alphabetical order, to make finding them easier. The only things I changed though were X/Y coordinates and the Or/And prereqs.

I don't find the order to be relevant since I use "find" when I am looking for something.

Well, in large files, so do I, but I was just being tidy. I'd suggest that the entire TechInfos file is sorted either by alphabetical or chronological order, just so that you can find the tech you're looking for in WorldBuilder, but that's a vanishingly minor thing to do.

Even so, the only lines that I changed were iGridX, iGridY and one or more of the OrPreReqs and AndPreReqs.

Making the Religions Modular is going to be harder than first thought. However I have made a first attempt.

@Arakhor I was not able to do your changes to the tech tree because your file is in a different order to the one on the SVN. I need to find the program that used to come with C2C but was removed to reduce the down load size.
In winmerge options you can make the program detect block moves; meaning it will displayed a better comparison when something has been moved in only one file.

Do you need me to make the changes directly into the latest TechInfos file and upload it here? (I had thought that not doing so would make things easier for everyone involved.)

Do you need me to make the changes directly into the latest TechInfos file and upload it here? (I had thought that not doing so would make things easier for everyone involved.)

Nah, I can merge your changes as is; unless DH has already started doing it?

EDIT: I downloaded you work just now just in case; I'm sure DH has more important stuff to do.

Nah, I can merge your changes as is; unless DH has already started doing it?

EDIT: I downloaded you work just now just in case; I'm sure DH has more important stuff to do.

I am not getting to anything. I have a head cold and keep making mistakes when I try anything complex, even slightly complex stuff.

There shouldn't be any issues with my tech tree changes, other than making Shamanism dependent on Animism, but we agreed that was not a good idea with Modular Religions.

Get well soon, DH!

To improve the modularity of the Alternate Timelines, I've prepared these files.

The Alt_Timelines zip should be extracted to \MODS\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Alt_Timelines, whilst the XML zip should be extracted to \MODS\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML.

Overwrite where directed and you should now be able to remove those techs from the tech tree and the civilopaedia using the MLF files, not just their unlocked units and buildings.

Attachments

• Alt_Timelines.zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 48
  • XML.zip
    694.2 KB · Views: 95
To improve the modularity of the Alternate Timelines, I've prepared these files.

The Alt_Timelines zip should be extracted to \MODS\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Modules\Alt_Timelines, whilst the XML zip should be extracted to \MODS\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML.

Overwrite where directed and you should now be able to remove those techs from the tech tree and the civilopaedia using the MLF files, not just their unlocked units and buildings.

Rwn has already done this also. :D. I just did not get to it.

With the Alt-Timelines as they are currently two of the Punk lines are interwoven and you need to have both on or both off. I may have a solution to this shortly.

Now you tell me! At least I'm trying to be helpful. :p

The temples and cathedrals aren't properly modularised yet (I know it's a work in progress), but the game didn't throw any other XML errors when I attempted to disable certain religions.

Now you tell me! At least I'm trying to be helpful. :p

The temples and cathedrals aren't properly modularised yet (I know it's a work in progress), but the game didn't throw any other XML errors when I attempted to disable certain religions.

It is mostly to do with events. RWN has done the ground work I just need to merge it in. He did make a few minor errors in his work but mostly they were understandable. For example the Andean Workers are a region not a religion unit:lol:.

It is mostly to do with events. RWN has done the ground work I just need to merge it in. He did make a few minor errors in his work but mostly they were understandable. For example the Andean Workers are a region not a religion unit:lol:.

And boy are they close to being worthless too. Can only make 1 thing. Even though it does give 3 :gold: only on the tile. :p

Not finished are they?

JosEPh

And boy are they close to being worthless too. Can only make 1 thing. Even though it does give 3 :gold: only on the tile. :p

Not finished are they?

JosEPh

There are two Andean Workers. One can build Geoglyphs in barren plots while the other can build a Machu Piccu in mountain plots. Both are available from wonders.

They are finished but probably need to be integrated a bit more. For example it would be better if the improvements required a special worker promotion that was given by the wonders instead. Unfortunately there is no link between improvement and promotion that I know of. We could get rid of some of the other special workers if there were.

I am unsure why one needs fascism on the path to consumerism but well propaganda I can understand and Goebbels was one of the first to really exploit film and radio. But my, isn't that a bit too specific? :)

Cheers!
-Liq

Top Bottom