C2C: Promotions

ls612

Deity
This thread is for general discussions about promotions in C2C, as well as a place to request promotions to be made. All requests need graphics, or else I can not do anything with them. (this thread requested by Hydro)

One thing that does need to be done is to sort out the ships. Some of them have land promotions. The most obvious is the "sniper" promotion.

@ls612

Ok here is the first set I want converted from Realism Invictus.

-----

Hit and Run
Graphic: Use their button/icon
Req Promotions: Use their Requirements
Unit Types: Use their unit types.
Stats: Use the stats they give.

-----

Loose Formation

-----

Forward Observers
Unit Types: Use their units they give it to.
Stats: Have it give +15% vs Mounts since we do not have a Light Mounts category.

-----

Suppressive Fire

-----

Camouflage
Stats: Add on to its stats ...

• +10% Marsh Defense
  • +10% Muddy Defense
  • +10% Lush Defense
  • +10% Barren Defense
  • +10% Rocky Defense
  • +10% Scrub Defense
  • +10% Dune Defense
  • +10% Salt Flats Defense
  • +10% Permafrost Defense

Basically all the additional terrain types C2C has.

-----

This should keep you busy for now.

Quoted from a previous post by me:

Got two things that seem wrong with promotions and one thing that might be fun:

1. The Promotions that grant continued XP against Aminals and Barbarians past the limit don't work in Dynamic XP settings. Dynamic XP means you continue to gain XP past any set limits. If the promotions instead granted both allowing XP past limit AND +25% XP vs the type they would be worth taking regardless of XP settings.

2. Not all promotions are only beneficial, I'm thinking mainly of the Fieldsman promotions but of course all promotions that grant both positive and negative effects, and as such should really never be given as bonus promotion from battle but only able to chose yourself when gaining enough XP to gain a level.

3. To increase the interesting factor of battle promotions it might be fun to add the possibility of gaining the Flavour Promotions via Battle Promotions even if they are not otherwise accessible. That would increase the amount of Battle Promotions available so that some could be removed from being in the list of Battle Promotions (like the Fieldman ones though others could be removed too then if thought necessary or better for game play).

Cheers

Cheers

Trench 1 2 and 3 unlocked with trench warfare?

This probably does not go here but a side issue on promotions is the way they are displayed when you select a unit (or stack). Basically if you have combat 1 to combat 6 then only combat 6 is shown but the hover over of the promotion details the total affect of the promotions. Not sure how this would work for a stack where you show all the promotions for all the units with the number of units having each.

In a stack the list showing just the top promotion of each line will probably shorten the list a bit.

@DH: (or whoever knows the answer)

Where are the new Terrains/Features for C2C in the files? I looked all around the modules folder and could not find anything, but it is probably in plain sight and I missed it.:crazyeye:

I already report it in the bug section but see animals can have terrestrial promotion after victorious combat

@ls612

Here are more from Realism Invictus.

-----

Flammable Arrows I
Req Promotions: Combat I
Req Tech: Ancient Ballistics

Note: They have also Flammable Arrows that has nothing. I just want to skip that one.

-----

Flammable Arrows II and III
Req Tech: Ancient Ballistics

-----

Chivalry I
Req Promotions: Combat I
Req Tech: Chivalry

Note: They have also Code of Honor that has nothing. I just want to skip that one.

-----

Chivalry II and III
Req Tech: Chivalry

-----

Siege Engineering I
Req Promotions: Barrage I
Req Tech: Siege Warfare

Note: They have also Engineering Corps that has nothing. I just want to skip that one.

-----

Siege Engineering II and III
Req Tech: Siege Warfare

-----

I think these will keep you busy for now.

No, I mean the new land terrains, they aren't in the core CIV4_TerrainInfos.xml. I need to find them to make the Camouflage promotion.

You sure you looked hard enough? I can see them in the core. Names like TERRAIN_PERMAFROST and TERRAIN_SCRUB

They are all listed in CIV4TerrainInfos.xml in the Terrain folder.

You sure you looked hard enough? I can see them in the core. Names like TERRAIN_PERMAFROST and TERRAIN_SCRUB

They are all listed in CIV4TerrainInfos.xml in the Terrain folder.

Well, when you look in the core for Realism Invictus, you can't expect to find anything useful. :hammer2:

There may be some in Modules/Resources/NewResource.

@FilochardI have not done any sea critter promotions since it will require a new combat class. Promotions are set by class and all wild animals have the same class at present.

Top Bottom