Project SYNTHESIS

Name: Safavids/Qajar/Iran
Leader: (Ismail I|Until 1742)(1742–1941: Mohammad Khan Qajar)(1941-:Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi)(If Government is Theocratic: Ruhollah Khomeini)
Leader Traits:
UU: Qizilbash (Musketman, Starts with City Raider I)
UB: Caravanserai (Market with +30% +10% )
UP:
UHV:- Have Open Borders with 5 European Nations in 1650 AD
- Make Shi'ite Islam the only Religion in Iran in 1700 AD (OR Make Persia the most cultured nation in the Middle East, and Indian Subcontinent in 1700 AD)
- Found (Oil Company) and Spread it to 70% of the World
Preferred Civic: (Shahs- Absolutism, Khomenini- Theocracy Equivilent)
Start: 1501 AD
End: N/A

Name: Mexico
Leader: Hidalgo (1810-1858), Benito Juarez (1858-1934), Lázaro Cárdenas (1934-), Emiliano Zapata? (If Communist?)
Leader Traits:
UU: Rurales (Less Expensive Cavalry that start with Combat I)
UB: Charreada (Theater with that give +1XP to Mounted Units, Requires Horses, and Gives +1 Happiness with Horses)
UP:
UHV: -Ensure that there are no Spanish Colonies in America by 1890 AD
-Control Arizona, New Mexico, California, Nevada, Texas and all of Mesoamerica in 1945 AD
-Make Catholicism the Dominant religion in North America by 2000 AD
Preferred Civic:
Start: 1810 AD
End: N/A

Changed the Persian UHVs and started up Mexico. What do you guys think?
Next I'll probably get Iraq and Argentina up.

The problem with Khmer, is that other than the names of Kings and some few princes, very little was recorded. The "great scientist" I have and the "great spy" I have are stretches to say the least. And somehow, Thommaracha is the only recorded author of any work of Khmer art, his being a poem.

I am sure that the list above is basically the extent that list will get if I remain within the Khmer empire itself.

To expand upon this list, would you suggest I include other Cambodian civilizations that existed previous to colonization? Or should it be left alone and let Khmer have very few GPs? The problem with that would be that there aren't enough Great Artists, and Great Artists are one of the few things a human Khmer would spawn. I am at a loss. Show me the way, O Linkman!

Lovin' those -varmans :lol::lol:

Check out Siam, and modern Cambodia too, and if that's not enough, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, etc. (Southeast Asia, basically). I personally always think of Khmer as representing the many civillizations of that area.

Check thse out out: Wikipedia compilations of Cambodian architects and Cambodian artists . Admittedly the first one is scanty, but still.

Would it offend anyone to have Pol Pot/ Ho Chi Minh as Khmer GG's? :mischief:

Name: Safavids/Qajar/Iran
Leader: (Ismail I|Until 1742)(1742–1941: Mohammad Khan Qajar)(1941-:Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi)(If Government is Theocratic: Ruhollah Khomeini)

Can anyone hunt down some of these leaderheads?

UU: Qizilbash (Musketman, Starts with City Raider I)

Although I disapproved earlier, I change my mind. Sounds good.

UHV:- Have Open Borders with 5 European Nations in 1650 AD
- Make Shi'ite Islam the only Religion in Iran in 1700 AD (OR Make Persia the most cultured nation in the Middle East, and Indian Subcontinent in 1700 AD)
- Control all of The Arabian Peninsula, Jerusalem, and Anatolia in 1945 AD

Are ANY of these actually historical, besides the second one?
And usually there aren't too many civs in the Middle East and Indian subcontinent, so that's not exactly mind-bogglingly difficult.

Name: Mexico
Leader: Hidalgo (1810-1858), Benito Juarez (1858-1934), Lázaro Cárdenas (1934-), Emiliano Zapata? (If Communist?)
Leader Traits:
UU: Rurales (Less Expensive Cavalry that start with Combat I)
UB: Charreada (Collosseum with that give +2XP to Mounted Units)

Might be better for the Charreada to replace the Theatre. Amitheatres are usually outdated by this time. Oh and happiness with horses?
That all sounds too much like the Byzantine hippodrome, though...

Everything thing else sounds good.

Although I disproved earlier, I change my mind. Sounds good.
I actually was about to change it to Rifleman, as this was just a copypasta from before. In my personal opinion, I say we keep it as Musketman, do a playtest, and then decide.

Are ANY of these actually historical, besides the second one?
And usually there aren't too many civs in the Middle East and Indian subcontinent, so that's not exactly mind-bogglingly difficult.
I was really stretched for a second UHV. Also, First one IS Historical, Sarafavids generally did have excellent relations with the Europeans under Abbas I.

Third One is just for kicks really, sort of like the Greek Circumnavigate the globe UHV. Essentially it calls for reviving the Persian Empire of old.

Might be better for the Charreada to replace the Theatre. Amitheatres are usually outdated by this time. Oh and happiness with horses?
That all sounds too much like the Byzantine hippodrome, though...

Everything thing else sounds good.

How about give it happiness with Horses, half the XP bonus, and make the building require horses? Or Take off the Happiness and just give the Full XP bonus instead.

Guys I had an idea, to make the Pacific/ some other islands much more settled. Basically, coal/ oil based ships have to end their turn in a city or fort, just like early planes, to simulate the fact that the acquisition of coaling/ fueling stations has always been an imperative for nations, and that this has been the reason certain key cities/ islands were colonized- Hawaii, the Philippines, etc. Combine this with forts that give off culture, and another idea in this post (below this one) and you get colonization of places you rarely see touched normally (like Hawaii and those other Pacific outposts).

Of course I could use some help from any modders out there who would like to help (I would REALLY appreciate it) getting the AI to build forts and cities on remote cities, and in getting the AI to understand that their ships will sink if they don't end their turn in cities).

The other idea is the spawning on/ around certain Pacific islands of fish, crabs, clams, and the plantation resources to induce their colonization.

I actually was about to change it to Rifleman, as this was just a copypasta from before. In my personal opinion, I say we keep it as Musketman, do a playtest, and then decide.

I agree.

I was really stretched for a second UHV. Also, First one IS Historical, Sarafavids generally did have excellent relations with the Europeans under Abbas I.

Ok, cool.

Third One is just for kicks really, sort of like the Greek Circumnavigate the globe UHV. Essentially it calls for reviving the Persian Empire of old.

Something to do with oil might be better, although we'd have to prevent it from being too easy. Perhaps, 'Found Oil industry and expand it to every city' (the corporation)?

How about give it happiness with Horses, half the XP bonus, and make the building require horses? Or Take off the Happiness and just give the Full XP bonus instead.

I like the first idea: +1 XP, requires horses, and +1 happiness.

Guys I had an idea, to make the Pacific/ some other islands much more settled. Basically, coal/ oil based ships have to end their turn in a city or fort, just like early planes, to simulate the fact that the acquisition of coaling/ fueling stations has always been an imperative for nations, and that this has been the reason certain key cities/ islands were colonized- Hawaii, the Philippines, etc. Combine this with forts that give off culture, and another idea in this post (below this one) and you get colonization of places you rarely see touched normally (like Hawaii and those other Pacific outposts).

Of course I could use some help from any modders out there who would like to help (I would REALLY appreciate it) getting the AI to build forts and cities on remote cities, and in getting the AI to understand that their ships will sink if they don't end their turn in cities).

I like this idea very much so. But what about say, a Blockade? Technically you would need to end your turn for an ocean tile for this to work.

Also Added this as the third Iranian UHV:

I kept it mostly to Cambodian Kingdoms and Cambodia itself, save for a few Thai/Siamese people.

Khmer:

Great Artists:
-Thommaracha
-Vann Nath
-King Ang Duong
-Chhim Sothy
-Chath Piersath

Great Engineers:
-Indravarman I
-Yasovarman I
-Suryavarman I
-Suryavarman II
-Vann Molyvann

Great Generals:
-Jayavarman II
-Vinyanandana
-Rajendravarman II
-Bhavavarman I
-Dien Del
-Sak Sutsakhan

Great Merchants:
-Srei Meara
-Srindravarman
-Chey Chettha II
-Teng Bunma
-Uthong

Great Prophets:
-Kirtipandita
-Prince Tamalinda
-Jayavarman VII
-Maha Ghosananda
-Chuon Noth

Great Scientists:
-Jayavarman V
-J.S. Hak
-Mongkut
-Shaiwatna Kupratakul
-Krisana Kraisintu

Great Spies:
-Prince In
-Son Sen
-Comrade Duch
-Comrade At
-Ieng Thirith

@ Linkman

I see you shipped some resources from RFCE. (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10276905&postcount=45) But as you can see, tea uses the dummy model. (A weird type of grain.) If you have Warlords, you can ship the tea resource from the Chinese Unification Mod. (If you don't have warlods, I can provide you with the art files if you want.)

Mind if I take these GP names into DoC as well? :)

I like this idea very much so. But what about say, a Blockade? Technically you would need to end your turn for an ocean tile for this to work.

Also Added this as the third Iranian UHV:

Ok I agree- only for ocean tiles.

And good job on the Iranian UHV, although 70% may be excessive. And perhaps 'Control Oil Company headquarters' might be better.

@ Linkman

I see you shipped some resources from RFCE. (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10276905&postcount=45) But as you can see, tea uses the dummy model. (A weird type of grain.) If you have Warlords, you can ship the tea resource from the Chinese Unification Mod. (If you don't have warlods, I can provide you with the art files if you want.)

Oh, sure. That works. I'll need you to send me Chinese Unification's 'Assets' folder though.

Mind if I take these GP names into DoC as well? :)

Of course not.

Everything here is open source :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12893
Would Probably work as Ismail I, you could also use the Abbas I Leaderhead in SoI, as he also looks like Ismail.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8503
This one makes for a perfect Mohammad Khan Qajar

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8346
And here's Khomeni
----------------------------------------
Ideas on Conditional Spawns:

If England does not control the East Coast, America does not spawn
If a Muslim Nation controls Constantinople and Anantolia, Turks do not spawn
If Muslims are still in control of most of Iberia, Portrugal does not spawn
If Spain has Collapsed the Dutch do not spawn(?)
If France has Collapsed the English do not spawn(?)
-----------------------------------------
Ok I agree- only for ocean tiles.

And good job on the Iranian UHV, although 70% may be excessive. And perhaps 'Control Oil Company headquarters' might be better.
How about 50%? And yeah, I'll agree on control oil company headquarters.

Oh, sure. That works. I'll need you to send me Chinese Unification's 'Assets' folder though.

I just found out that the tea in Chinese Unification uses the Tobacco art.

But never mind, in RoM is also a tea art. (the require XML file is in the package)

I've always thought it'd kind of make sense if the Turks didn't spawn when a very stable nation controls Anatolia. After all, how could Turks slip into Anatolia if Greece is mega-stable and has controlled Persia for millenia? :p

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12893
Would Probably work as Ismail I, you could also use the Abbas I Leaderhead in SoI, as he also looks like Ismail.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8503
This one makes for a perfect Mohammad Khan Qajar

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8346
And here's Khomeni

For the sake of not having too many leaders, I'll only add Ismail and Khomeini., Qajar was: 1) Not nearly as important and 2)The LH above looks nothing like him.

Ideas on Conditional Spawns:

If England does not control the East Coast, America does not spawn
If a Muslim Nation controls Constantinople and Anantolia, Turks do not spawn
If Muslims are still in control of most of Iberia, Portrugal does not spawn
If Spain has Collapsed the Dutch do not spawn(?)
If France has Collapsed the English do not spawn(?)
1) Sure.
2) No. The Sultanate of Rum was in control of the area just before the Ottomans. What I'm planning to do here is script a wave of barbs into Anatolia in around 1000 AD. The goal is for Asia to look like this (the Seljuks at the height of their power):

Spoiler :

Then the Ottomans will flip stuff. Then the Persians will flip stuff. And so on and so forth.
3) Sure. It's not like we ever see a Muslim Iberia anyways.
4) Meh.
5) Meh.

How about 50%? And yeah, I'll agree on control oil company headquarters.

40% seems best.

I just found out that the tea in Chinese Unification uses the Tobacco art.

But never mind, in RoM is also a tea art. (the require XML file is in the package)

Ok, so I'll get it from RoM.

I've always thought it'd kind of make sense if the Turks didn't spawn when a very stable nation controls Anatolia. After all, how could Turks slip into Anatolia if Greece is mega-stable and has controlled Persia for millenia? :p

:lol::lol:

As I said above- I plan on prescripting a Seljuk barbarian wave.

EDIT:

Good news, oh espionagists of the world!

Spoiler :

I have some ideas:

How about this:
Canada
Not sure what leaders.
Spawn: 1800 (possibly)
UP; Power of the Great White North: Tundra squares provide 1 gold and 1 hammer
UHV:
1. No European cities in North America in 1850
2. Control or vassalize America by 1950
3. Build the United Nations, the Apollo program, and the Pentagon by 2000
The point of this civ would be to prevent American over-expansion northwards.

Also, I was thinking you could delay the end of the game from 2020 to maybe 2100 and add some future techs so we could play the game into the future. Just a thought.

Another thought: maybe you could add Hellenism and Kemetism (egyptian religion) as religions. It might be possible for these religion to be removed from a city when Christianity or Islam spreads into a city with these religions.

Also, religions could "auto-found" in certain dates. For example, Hellenism might be founded as soon as the Greeks found their capital. This would be to make the game more historically accurate religion-wise.

Besides putting in the production->espionage function I also just added an idle city function which causes a city to do nothing.

I have some ideas:

How about this:
Canada
Spawn: 1800 (possibly)
UP; Power of the Great White North: Tundra squares provide 1 gold and 1 hammer
UHV:
1. No European cities in North America in 1850
2. Control or vassalize America by 1950
3. Build the United Nations, the Apollo program, and the Pentagon by 2000

Those are some funny UHV's! :lol:

Running the risk of offending Canadians:

Spoiler DON'T OPEN IF YOU'R CANADIAN :

Spoiler I MEAN IT! :

1)Set every city in Quebec free/ gifts to France by 1950.
2)Put every city's production as idle.
3)Control 15 Maple Syrup resources.

Also, I was thinking you could delay the end of the game from 2020 to maybe 2100 and add some future techs so we could play the game into the future. Just a thought.

Maybe- most people don't even play into modern anyways because of slow speed, so this is a big maybe.

Another thought: maybe you could add Hellenism and Kemetism (egyptian religion) as religions. It might be possible for these religion to be removed from a city when Christianity or Islam spreads into a city with these religions.

Sure. RFCC already does this with Hellenism, it should be easy enough (copypasta, mostly) do do it for Kemetism.

Also, religions could "auto-found" in certain dates. For example, Hellenism might be founded as soon as the Greeks found their capital. This would be to make the game more historically accurate religion-wise.

Also a good suggestion.

Oh man, my recently woken up eyes could have sworn they looked something alike :p

:lol:

And the religion overhaul is looking like this right now:
  1. Hellenism- dies with spread of Christian religions and Muslim religions
  2. Kemetism- dies with spread of Christian religions and Muslim religions
  3. Zoroastrianism- even lower spread rate than it is right now
  4. Judaism- minor religion- spreads unhappiness, instability with spread; Jewish Quarter building provides some trade routes and/ or gold.
  5. Confucianism
  6. Taoism
  7. Buddhism
  8. Hinduism
  9. Catholicism
  10. Orthodoxy- prescripted split in 1054
  11. Protestantism- split with Printing Press
  12. Sunni Islam
  13. Shi'a Islam- split with Sunni Islam in 632, autofound in Makkah
  14. Paganism- most religions start with pagan missionary; no holy city; low spread; displaced by other religions

Sunni and Shi'ite leaders get a penalty, but it's halved.
Orthodox leaders get a bonus with Catholics and Protestants, but its halved.
Confucians, Taoists, and Buddhists get a bonus with each other, but it's halved.
Hindus and Buddhists get a quartered bonus.
Hindus, Confucians, and Taoists get a quartered penalty.
Catholics and Prots. get a halved penalty (not a full penalty, like in DoC)
Christian leaders get a doubled penalty against pagan leaders, Hellenistic leaders, and Kemetistic leaders, but not vice versa (so Ramses may adore Christian Julius but Julius may abhor Ramses)
Pagan leaders will actually get a small negative penalty against each other because the various pagan religions of the world are different.

Top Bottom