SOLVED: Civilization does not start - no error message or anything

Filzbiber

Chieftain
EDIT: After downloading and installing latest DirectX version directly from Windows Civilization 5 is running again.

Hi there

When I try to start Civilization, I get the Window to choose DirectX9 or 10-11. After I chose DirectX nothing happens.

I didn't run Civilization for the last 6 weeks and reinstalled Windows. Since the reinstall Civilization does not run anymore.

I don't have G&K.

I'm running Windows 7 on an Asus N75SL. When i check for integrity of game cache, it says two files need to be reaquainted. Next time I try to start Civilization it shows installation bar for a few seconds and than same problem; nothing happens.

I also tried to Delete local content and reinstall the game, both online and from DVD.

Any suggestions? Please help. If you need further information just tell me.

Well how about posting the answer since it says SOLVED. My game is still crashing at startup. I can play with DX9 but it displays slow so I don't really like playing with DX9.
I've tried everything posted everywhere but nothing has helped.

Ok--Everywhere I try to redownload DX11 I always get to the point where it tells me that DX is part of Windows7 64bit and to use Windows update. And when I use Windows updater it says everything is up to date. So how can I redownload and install DX?

In the steam folder>steamapps>common>sid meier civilazation v>directx folder there is a setup exe file. I have no idea what it does though, never tried it.

Wouldn't uninstalling and then reinstalling the game actually do the same thing? If so I've did that so far about 5 times and so far it hasn't worked. I've tried every fix listed at a lot of places and nothing has helped.

You would think. Did you try running that setup by itself though?

I have tried reinstalling DX11 from inside the game directory but once I get in there I'm not real sure which one is the correct one. I did that b4 but ended up trying to reinstall almost everything in there that said DX on it.
Like I said I've tried numerous fixes from about 4-5 different websites and so far nothing has helped.

Top Bottom