CivWin Max Money Sav

JMav

Chieftain
So I'm brand new to the forum and it just sucks that there's really no mods etc. to use with CivWin. So I tried out CivDos, and I'm sure it's fine if that's what you've become used to playing with, but in comparison it really sucks.

The "CivCracker.exe" looks awesome, but it's no longer being shared. Bummer. (If anyone has it, please post to this thread. I'd love to have it!)

Took out a Hex editor and started poking around. Money is stored on line 0000120 (16 bit). It changes from location to location (on the same line) depending on what's going on with the game. You basically have to go from one number to the next and test them out til something happens. I also noticed that 30,000 is the most it can go up to. Strange, considering I can change the date to anything.

So, instead of you pulling your hair out I thought I'd just provide a few saves to see if they work for you guys. I don't see why they wouldn't. They're both the same: Chieftain, Earth, American, very start of the game. See how you fair with some mega cash to start.

The one with the longer time length is a bit strange. It will prompt you to save the game as usual (after x amount of turns; not the date), but the game won't be "over" until the actual date on the screen. If you retire, you'll see that the graph will show the unmodded date you played up to, but the date on the game will be different.

30,000 money
http://www.mediafire.com/download/av3ahovvq78mga2/EARTH - 30,000 MONEY - 4000B.SAV

30,000 money - 21,920BC
http://www.mediafire.com/download/92jv74s3eig67q3/EARTH - 30,000 MONEY - 21,920B.SAV

I don't play it but probably twice a year, so if you reply on this thread I should get an email notification telling me to come on back and see what's up.

Rock on, mates. JMav

Hello JMav, and thanks for sharing :)

Lurking at the back of my mind (or rather, at the bottom of my To-Do list), is a plan to extend JCivED support to CivWin... One my guideline when developing JCivED is to clearly separate teh "Game logic" layer from the "technical implementation" layer. Since CivWin and CivDos share the same game logic (arguably), this would make it possible to extend JCivED support by simply implementing the technical support for CivWin.
Potentially, this would also make it possible to convert gamesaves from CivDos to CivWin and vice-versa...

But I don't want to get your hopes up, all of this is still a long shot at the moment, though... Just know that any deciphering of .SAV files you will do will be useful in the future.

Top Bottom