Welcome to Revolution!

No te entiendo. Yo dije que es mas facil para nosostros si tu uses la "text" en el SVN para los traducciones. La razon por eso es que hay cambios que occure mucho de la "text", por ejemplo la parte de RevDCM "BUG" se cambio mucho, y mucho de eso es la "text". Si no tienes experiencia del un SVN, hay un explenacion alli:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344056
Eso tutorial es para LoR, pero es totalmente el mismo. El unico differencia es que la locacion para LoR es differente de RevDCM, el SVN de RevDCM esta aqui:
https://revolutiondcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/revolutiondcm/Trunk/RevolutionDCM/

I've no problem reading English :)

Are you telling me that instead of the Assets/XML/Text/ files, take the ones located in https://revolutiondcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/revolutiondcm/Trunk/RevolutionDCM/Assets/XML/Text/ ?

The confusing part I mentioned before is that i don't know what is SVN? also don't know what it's BUG (but i think that this one it's a part of the RevDCM Mod) or LoR

Maybe you think that I have some knowledge of the modding, but it's not. I simply read a post in this thread that says where the files are located, and i took them, and start translating. I didn't know anything about development tools or any other modding tools (Btw, I'm using notepad for editing :p )

Are you telling me that instead of the Assets/XML/Text/ files, take the ones located in https://revolutiondcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/revolutiondcm/Trunk/RevolutionDCM/Assets/XML/Text/ ?
This is exactly what I am saying. I am also stating that since you do not know how to use the SVN, you will need to read and follow the directions in the thread I link above. The LoR SVN thread explains how to do it; again you will need to just change the source path from what is posted in the LoR thread to the web adress posted above for RevDCM's SVN.

The confusing part I mentioned before is that i don't know what is SVN? also don't know what it's BUG (but i think that this one it's a part of the RevDCM Mod) or LoR
SVN is a development tool. It allows members of a team to work on various parts of a project in parrallel, checking in updates to the project as each member sees fit. It is invaluable really. Without the SVN glider, jdog and myself would have to constantly swap huge zips and individual files, and things would be a mess. With an SVN we have one single repository to develop together freely.

BUG is the BUG mod, it's the mod that changes the interface in RevDCM.

LoR is a mod I develop which uses RevDCM as a base. It is highly stable and expands BtS a bit, adding a few new units and techs, basically changing the game as much as BtS changed vanilla civ. This isn't really important for you; the main thing is that LoR has a thread in it's forum that concisely describes how to use the SVN, so that you can have the current text files to work with. Using up to date files, especially the text files will make incorporating your translations much easier.

Maybe you think that I have some knowledge of the modding, but it's not. I simply read a post in this thread that says where the files are located, and i took them, and start translating. I didn't know anything about development tools or any other modding tools (Btw, I'm using notepad for editing :p )
I understand, and I'm looking forward to incorporating your translations. I was pointing out the SVN, because it will be alot easier on me to merge in your translations if you use the text files on the SVN, as these files are up to date; they are what we are currently using to develop RevDCM, and it gets a bit confusing and tedious trying to merge in translations from an old file into the current development files.

Thanks for the explanation, now I understand all you're saying :D

I'm going to read again the threads about how to use SVN, because the first read i did yesterday i become very lost, since i didn't know what it's for.

Right now, I've installed SVN, put the path posted here, and perform a checkout, so I've have the files in my drive.

So now, I start translating those files. How do I upload when it's finished? I've read the thread about installing, but it didn't say anything about that.

In the new options appear in the explorer, I've SVN Update, Svn commit, and inside the tortoiseSvn option, update to revision. Which one it's the right one?

Just put your XML into a folder, then zip it up, and attach the zip file to your post. We'll update your translations to the SVN :)

Hi all!

My apologies for going MIA for the last 6 weeks, life has been crazy with a big move across the country and trying to get setup in a new town/job.

As you might have suspected, I unfortunately will not have time to continue modding this fall. Simply too many other major demands on my time. The Revolution mod and BBAI have been great fun and a real learning experience for me, and knowing that so many others enjoyed the fruits of the countless hours I put in has been a wonderful feeling. Unfortunately there are several loose ends and new avenues I had wanted to explore for those mods. Thank you for the great discussion here on the forums, and I hope that in some small part I have helped inspire some new modders to get in and explore the code. Modding really can be a very rewarding experience.

Looking forward, I do not know what kind of involvement I might have with Civ 5 modding. The civ franchise is my all-time favorite, and version 5 has an incredible amount of potential. I'm quite excited about where it will go in the months and years after release, but am simply uncertain whether I will have the time and passion to contribute as actively as I have over the last couple years. I also probably won't have a computer capable of running 5 well for at least six months.

Thank you to all of you who have played a part in making modding such a great experience over the last couple years, and I hope you continue to enjoy the mods I've contributed to (at least until 5 comes out!).

jdog

I'm looking for new projects to take on and I thought I could work on making an Arabic translation for revdcm. Does anyone know if civ even supports Arabic to begin with? I don't want to start on the translating if it will never get used..

I'm not sure exactly, mainly because you'd have an entirely new alphabet. I know it would be possible, no doubt about that since civ's text supports unicode, but it may very well be impractical, as each and every letter would need to be written like %5$23; or some such thing.

If you want to see how an entire new language can be added to a mod, check out Legends of Revolution. We have included most of the Finnish translations in LoR to RevolutionDCM (makes my life alot easier :)), but RevDCM is missing some of the components needed for a full translation, though I may get around to porting the rest of the necessary pieces to the RevDCM core itself at some time so that Finnish will be supported in the RevDCM core itself, but that's alot of work, and there are some differences in the Text I'd need to account for, so that's why I haven't done it. Anyway though, Legends of Revolution will provide you with the model of how to add an entire new language, just look at how Finnish was implemented.

Top Bottom