Gamespot's GotY Awards...

Silverflame

OBJECTION!
Were completely unexpected. For every single genre award, barring one of them, I was completely taken by suprise. Especially their Game of the Year award.

N-Gage: Some random game I don't care about
The N-Gage getting ANY award other than biggest joke in the industry suprises me. :p

PS2: GTA San Andreas
This was the one I expected. Although I was hoping Metal Gear Solid 3 could have gotten it.

GCN: Paper Mario 2
I was expecting MP Echoes, but Paper Mario 2 is a pretty good game.

Xbox: Burnout 3
This was a severe "WTF" moment. I knew Gamespot wasn't going to give Halo 2 the GotY because they nomiated it for "Biggest Disappointment" but not even winning best Xbox game? Yep, major WTF moment.

PC: World of Warcraft
Another semi-WTF moment, I was expecting Half-Life 2. But yeah, there was no way I could have anticipated what was coming up next.

Gamespot's Game of the Year 2004: World of Warcraft

Words can't express how unexpected this was. First of, this is a PC game, second off, this is an MMORPG. I was honestly expecting GTA San Andreas to win it.

I give major congrats to the people at Gamespot for suprising me at every turn, with the exception of Best PS2 Game. :goodjob:

Much more exciting than watching IGN, EGM, Gamespy, and all the other major places giving Halo 2 GotY. Oh, except the AIAS, which will give it to Half-Life 2.

What I don't get is why did they nomiated Halo 2 for Game of the Year while having it nomiated for "Biggest Disappointment"

Top Bottom