Me dumb, is this computer compatable?

Difficult to say since it's not clear what graphics card it has on board. It has an AGP slot so you could easily fit your own gfx card, but that's just more expense, which i'm sure you don't want to be spending on a brand new computer.

Man that looks shady too me.

1.) They dont even list the dimension version number (8100, 8200, 8300 ect..)

2.) It doesent even say wether or not it even has a video card. Possible it doesent.

3.) It uses old RDRAM wich is still very expensive. Much more expensive than DDR.

4.) It is way overpriced.

Site built to take advantage of people who dont know any better and make a profit off of them. And it looks like its working.

If you find something else feel free to post it, surly some of us can help you find a decent deal.

Im checking some prices now, do you have windows XP or do you need it to come with the computer?

A graphics card is a component that greatly enhances a computer's ability to display 3D graphics. For Civ4 to run, you will need a fairly recent graphics card. I'd recommend a graphics card called "Radeon 9800 Pro". It's not the ultimately best card you can get - far from it - but surely the best "bang for the buck" at the moment and surely enough to play Civ4.

-- Roland

why not just go to www.dell.com or www.dell.ca and order a pc from there
call them give them the specs...
also a tip
if you order a pc from dell...when u get it
just tell them u don't like...it make a bull **** excuse , and say u returning it..and they usally will give you a massive discount

usually in the 20% to 25%
iif they don't offer one just say : if u maybe give me $300 or $400 off (on a $1000 pc) i will keep it
they will put you on hold for a few mins, cone back and be like i can give you $200 or $250 off
I got $500 off on my $2250 laptop from dell

Own said:
Thanks, not really looking for a fabulous deal, just don't wanna spend 300 then find that civ4 doesn't work :crazyeye: .
As the poster above said, try Dell. They usually have some great deals under 500 - even their low end machine will run civ. (Do a google search on Dell deasl - sometimes you cna find links to specials that they don't advertise on the main site). Usually they offer a free flat panel too.

HP has similair deals on their site - as does Gateway, though from past experience I cannot recommend the latter. Dell and HP both have decent stuff.

If you are not computer savvy, stay away from eBay vendors or 'bargain' basement fly by night online stores - stick with the major vendors unless you know enough to know what you are getting. The major's WILL refund your money...

oldStatesman said:
As the poster above said, try Dell. They usually have some great deals under 500 - even their low end machine will run civ. (Do a google search on Dell deasl - sometimes you cna find links to specials that they don't advertise on the main site). Usually they offer a free flat panel too.

HP has similair deals on their site - as does Gateway, though from past experience I cannot recommend the latter. Dell and HP both have decent stuff.

If you are not computer savvy, stay away from eBay vendors or 'bargain' basement fly by night online stores - stick with the major vendors unless you know enough to know what you are getting. The major's WILL refund your money...

I would not recomment buying cheap ass computer. It will 100% have itnegrated graphics and will be unable to play properly Civ 4.

Comraddict said:
I would not recomment buying cheap ass computer. It will 100% have itnegrated graphics and will be unable to play properly Civ 4.
The poster said he was spending in the 300 range...for just a bit more money you can get a decent box from any of the major vendors...not a 'cheap' computer. And integrated video can always be turned off in the BIOS and a good card added by the user after when they get some extra $$$. ;)

Top Bottom