It took 4 games on Epic.

BearMan

One More Turn...
It took 4 games on Epic, every one which I retired at some point
(I = prefectionist gamer, (small map, 10-12 civs)).

There is a high threshold on this game, before you start to get into it,
maybe 1-2 Epic games.

After 4 Epic games I understand the extreme brilliance of the developers.
Now it is "One more Turn", It's is clearly the best civ game of the series.

It is a clear 10/10 (even thoe the sound in the wonder movies doesn't play smooth on my comp).

Yes I have to agree. I too have been muttering "Just one more turn" to notice that it's in the middle of the night. I was a little sceptical of Civilisation IV but just like with you Bearman, I've become a Civ IV junkie.

Have fun!

Mooseus

It really is well-made, no?

Bump the thread in my sig :D

After my first Quick game (Mali) I thought I could survive the "one more turn syndrome".

Then I loaded up the Ice Age scenario with India/Ghandi. Big mistake; even when I said "Ok, now I'm saving and will quit", I found myself still playing half an hour later.

This is Civilization all right.

despite quite a bit of problems that i am having, including stuttering audio/vid (which basically means no wonder movies for me) and having to shut the game down and reload it every so often, i was playing it till 3 am last nite. I'm hoping they can patch this thing up.

A buddy of mine comes over each week and we play LAN games and xbox sports and such. We ALWAYS fire up at least 3 games during the evening.
Play a couple hours save, then fire up another genre....say start with a strategy game, then a first person shooter then end with a sports game on the big high def tv.

Last night we fire up a single player civ 4 so I can show him the controls.,..he plays for 30 minutes and won't stop....hey, I say, let's start the real one. He finally stops. We fire up a game and end up playing 5 hours until he had to leave. Extremely addictive. He's got 4 kids so he's a busy guy, his comment was "a game like this wouldn't fly at home".

It hooked me when I started spreading my state religion (Indian Buddhism) in my first game. It hasn't let go since. :)

BearMan said:
It took 4 games on Epic, every one which I retired at some point
(I = prefectionist gamer, (small map, 10-12 civs)).

There is a high threshold on this game, before you start to get into it,
maybe 1-2 Epic games.

After 4 Epic games I understand the extreme brilliance of the developers.
Now it is "One more Turn", It's is clearly the best civ game of the series.

It is a clear 10/10 (even thoe the sound in the wonder movies doesn't play smooth on my comp).

Your post really lifts my spirit since I won't get it for some time (Amazon...)

I have been reading too much threads about complaints and bugs I guess. :)

btw rofl nice signature! :goodjob:

Top Bottom