RBW4 - It's a scary world out there

Hunting -> Bronze Working it is

I won't be able to play until some time tomorrow afternoon, so I'll check back for any more comments before then.

i wondered if that was a magical psychic "got it" since i didn't see a save!

methos if you still have it, would you mind posting the 4000 BC save for "what if" purposes? i'm curious, but i'd use it only later. i'm not going to do any what-ifs since i do plan to use my "official lurker" status to be an alternate if one is needed ;) and want to remain spoiler-free!

edit to save new posts from lurkers: thank you for doing so!

T0 - Switch over to Hunting from Polytheism

T1 - Move worker to begin mining the hill (not much else to do but mine and farm)

T2 - Beijing grows to size 2, warrior now due in 3

T3 - Buddhism is FIADL

T4 - Monty converts to Buddhism (our best chance for a religion?)

T5 - Warrior completed -> I put one turn into a settler

T6 - Hunting in -> Bronze Working (15 turns); Switch over to a scout (4 turns); We meet Hannibal from the west (enough crazy AIs?)

T10 - Scout in, Beijing grows to size 3 -> Settler (10 turns)

Save

EDIT - I should have mined that second grassland hill for the extra input to the settler, my bad.

I got it and will play late tomorrow night.

Are we in the barrel for ten turns only?

It's decision time.

The scout went on walkabout while the worker dug a mine and watered some more grass, and the settler got trained.

Scoutie met some new friends

and got a look at the neighborhood.

We are surrounded!

Toku due South, Huyana due West, Hannibal and Monte to the Northwest, Mongolia to the Southwest, and Washington and Saladin both appeared to the west of the scout.

And the northlands are currently occupied by a bear and a lion.

The really bold move would send the settler to the corner by Toku's borders.

Or we can train up another warrior and go north to the marble and ivory.

The land to the west is pretty dry and barren.

I've atttached the save having played 9 of the allotted 10, and leaving the settler active. The choice of direction is too important for a snap decision.

it might be better in the long run to settle in the west between toku and huayna, or northwest between monty and HC. the land is bad but access to the west might be blocked soon and that would be a bad thing. i say long run assuming there is one ... this won't exactly thrill two parties and has its dangers!

My sugestion would be to settle there.
I would suggest to settle in spot I mark as safe, but next turn BW will be discovered and cooper somewhere around there can change our settle spot.

I would suggest to move settler together with current warrior, as I see we allredy lost 2 moves by not moving warrior yet.

Even if cooper to north, I would settle there and send thurd settler north, because no one take north site. It is blocked.

Research wize, should we go to well-pottery stright away for more production form whiping and faster grow, or if no cooper around try aminal hasbetry first? With AI so crowded we risk a lot by sitting with just warriors.

If cooper found - then well, if not - animal hasbetry.

That is my opinion on research.

I got it and i also agree with Mutineer about settling this one to the west and making another one settle to the north near the marble and ivory.

I agree with Mutineer's suggestion for two reasons; Hinduism and Buddhism. Our city would be directly between two holy cities, which in my experience you have a much higher chance of religious spread.

One thing to remember, our warrior must accompany the settler. In other words we'll end up leaving our capitol defenseless for a short time.

I forgot to check research, so I currently don't have a strong opinion there.

Make sure we follow the variant rules. The one thing I fear is we get lax and forget. Everything's looking good so far. We're in a bit of a bind being on a pennisula, as it'll make it tough to spread our culture, but I don't see it as impossible (only challenging ;) ).

We can move warrior/settler separate up to our borders, that why I say we lost 2 turns.

I would suggest to build one more scout and explore in detail our north area and area between planed city and capital. (We can grow in order to use more improved ties in mean time). Is there any sea resources we can not see yet?

WE need to carefully use our avalible to settle land in order to settle minimum 4 cities, better 6.

I do not think we will be able to flip any capital any time soon, so we need enogth cities for solid economical development. That mean carefull exploration of avalible land.

Is that Tenochtitlan's third border expansion? If so, the risky spot might be better, but we really need to get culture there fast. This game is going to be really tough with all those holy cities out there.

I do not think any capital has 3rd expancion yet, the best they can have is second expancion. We practically can not produce any culture yet. The only source of culture avalible to us is obelisk.

So we gonna settle the next city where Multineer showed in the screenshot ?

Well, it is my opinion, subject to posibility of cooper in that area, which could change desired location. We will know where cooper is next turn.

Do not forget to revolt to slavery when settler running, it is the best time to do so.

I believe in general if people do not abject they generally agree?
Who is on BTW, it was like forever.

I'll wait then to hear from everyone what thier opinion before starting ,since i am not sure about it also .

Then I would advice play one turn to discoveryu of BW and post picture with any cooper. But start moving settler in that direction.

Top Bottom