Pre-ChaNES: Into the Void

TO: European Union

The Solar Federation considers CAUST and its International Committee to provide sufficient methods of determining ownership, given that all colonial powers excepting the European Union are signatory parties to it.

OOC: Great update Chand! And what's the Solar Federation's leader's name? It seems that you have named him, 'A. Canadian' or something to that extent. ;)

As amusing as such a name would be, I should note that that is not his name, and that his name, along with the other worlds leaders', will be explicitly stated in the stats. :p

TO: European Union

The Solar Federation considers CAUST and its International Committee to provide sufficient methods of determining ownership, given that all colonial powers excepting the European Union are signatory parties to it.

OOC: It seems as if flyingchicken has no say in representing your organization.

OOC: It seems as if flyingchicken has no say in representing your organization.
OOC: Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of anyone that does internal decision making in public in full view of everybody. I'm answering because I happen to be around and we have a common policy, and his access is currently limited. Were the roles reversed, I would expect him to do the same.

If you would like to continue to be suspicious as to the degree of control he has, you're quite free to ask him yourself.

OOC- Hola all I will be taking over Bacchus, I noticed there were no stories or communiques from said nation. Well that changes now :)

Bacchus –

The Independence Day parade went smoothly as always. The people were in high spirits even if they still could not perform the parade outside. The troops marched past in orderly and professional manner, even if their eyes said just how much they wanted to break ranks and join the festivities. The hologram fireworks displays across the planets today drew crowds in record numbers. President Soto waved to the assembled citizens proudly. And continued to do so despite the cramp in her wrist that was developing. Finally the speeches were made, the crowd slowly dispersing as the celebration was ending President Soto turn to the head of the new BRSB (Bacchus Republic Security Bureau) Alberto Ranine. He nodded in response and the pair walked to the Press room.

Upon entering the reporters turned on their holo-recorders and stood as appropriate while the President was announced. President Soto took her place behind the podium and stood with confidence (as one should win they win reelection with a 68% majority out of the three major candidates.). “Today on this most auspicious of holidays, the day when we mark the beginning of our grand nation unlike any other in Human history, I am here to introduce you to the head of the newly created Bacchus Republic Security Bureau – Mr. Alberto Ranine.” He walked up onto the stage as choreographed earlier shook her hand in the showy manner also rehearsed earlier; and the President stepped aside while he fielded questions.

Next day the news reports were as favorable as always when President Soto did anything for Bacchus. The usual terms were bandied about, True Patriot, Leader of our Grand Experiment, and so on. Soto met with the Cabinet the next day and made sure to praise the Chief of Defense on her smartly ordered troops. All in all things appeared to be well on the surface, but there was an undercurrent no one knew how to answer, the political situation on Earth. They all knew the powers would consolidate, just no one expected it to happen quite this quickly. After the meeting President Soto called in here attendant and had him begin taking notes…

To: Solar Federation

While we are not based in Sol system, we are a sovereign nation and would simply like to ask a few notes of clarification -

1- To begin I would like to know what if anything this new Federation would do to trade, immigration, tourism, etc...

2- I would also like to know what your disposition is on the shared use of your member nations' Stigma routes (ooc: forgot the appropriate term will correct later) and the ability of other nations to use said routes also.

3- How if at all will this effect our ongoing trade and peaceful coexistence with the American Colonies in our system. I would be very disappointed if there was any change at all in our comfortable existance here in Infinitas.

Thank you for your time in addressing these issues, sincerely hope to hear positively on these issues.

The Honorable President Isabella Soto of the Republic of Bacchus

Edit - OOC: Iggy Assume this msg was sent prior to the one of which I was just made aware :)
To: EU

Would simply like to extend our warmest regards and continued good relations for the future. We have noticed the slipping of our friendship due to lack of communication all of our citizens would like to avoid any deterioration of our friendship between nations.

The Honorable President Isabella Soto

OOC: Again hola all!

Edit - Okay I just realized is the UN attempting to go off planet or is that what you are attempting to start with this Solar Federation? If the UN is trying to extend off planet have they approached Bacchus?

TO: Planetary Republic of Bacchus

(1) The activities of private citizens as regards their business with the Planetary Republic of Bacchus is not the concern of the Solar Federation unless it is in violation of Federal law and provided that customs and duties are met.
(2) The Solar Federation currently undertakes the standard practice of allowing other nations access to its Stigma facilities for the charge of a nominal fee. The Solar Federation does however reserve the same right as other nations to alter this fee, or to modify access rights to its facilities at any time, for any reason.
(3) The Governorship of Clinton Charlie has not been modified by ongoing restructuring within Sol System or the activities of the Solar Federation. His government remains responsible to its counterpart in the Solar Federation member state of the United States of America.

Edit - Okay I just realized is the UN attempting to go off planet or is that what you are attempting to start with this Solar Federation? If the UN is trying to extend off planet have they approached Bacchus?
OOC: The SF and the UN are two distinctly different entities--with the SF bloc in existence however, the UN currently consists of about 8 countries, 9 if Bacchus is a member. The state of the Security Council, given that two members (France and the UK) are part of the EU, and two members (Russia and America) are part of the SF, is unknown.

To: Solar Federation

Thank you for clearing up any potential misunderstandings and being open about your policies in response to my questions. The answers have alleviated any concerns expressed by my cabinet.

Sincerely,

President Isabella Soto, Republic of Bacchus

OOC: Okay was just wondering about it, Bacchus at this time is not a member of any said group but I do wonder how long it will be until there is some sort of UN type body for the inhabited worlds of mankind. Thanks.

OOC2: Okay Chand, who controls the stigma on the Infinitas end? Did Bacchus take control of it from the EU when they declared independence?

OOC2: Okay Chand, who controls the stigma on the Infinitas end? Did Bacchus take control of it from the EU when they declared independence?

Yes, Bacchus has control over its own Stigma skimmer, though the EU gets a substantial discount when using it. Also note that Carmenta has its own Stigma skimmer, which is under the control of the American colony there.

Lierre Times Headlines

Politics

President Soto introduces head of Security Service
Michael Fenno, Capital Correspondent
At the City Center Park celebration on Independence Day, President Soto introduced to the public Mr. Alberto Ranine as the head of the newly formed Bacchus Republic Security Bureau (BRSB). Mr. Ranine is a former intelligence officer for the Army of the Republic. He also has a degree in Psychology and a Doctorate in Political History. While he was in the service he attained the rank of … click here to continue.

Red Party Responds to Rumors

Cynthia Heston, Political Reporter
Dr. Travis Mezzini, Red Party Press Official, responded today to the rumors about the Red Party being a front for reunification with the EU. “While we certainly do wish to maintain close ties with the EU we would never condone the renunciation of our independence. We simply want to improve relations as they seem to be weakening.” He would also go on to paraphrase his party’s usual stance on the subject of improved trade ties and travel without passports between the EU and Bacchus. When asked again more directly about Ms. Janice Watenasi’s, head of the Red Party, stance on reunification; Dr. Mezzini became belligerent and said … click here to continue.

Finance

Corporate Tax Exempt Zones?

Marek Kowalczyk, Financial Correspondent
Senator Trafalgar (Hanston, BNP) has proposed a bill, which would allow for up to 10% of every city’s commercial district to be set up as a tax-exempt zone. “This would draw companies from all over to set up corporate headquarters on Bacchus. Add in the pro business environment we already have and it could tip the scales for many to make a move, or at least set up a secondary HQ.” Many have wondered if it would be worth the loss of revenue for the government, as they do not see companies willing to move off of Earth. Senator Johansen (Flemington, BIP), bill co-sponsor, countered that “Maybe no well established companies will want to move but many new and … click here to continue.

Sports

SSGT Pratt Takes Annual Unarmed Combat Competition
Ayala Cavazos, Military Reporter
Staff Sergeant Ayala Cavazos has won the female division of the annual Army of the Republic Unarmed Combat Competition. She won the final match by KO when she delivered a spinning kick to the Jaw of Private Rosario Sabettini who was still off balance from a left hook a moment before. The match lasted 3.46 minutes and was intense. The men’s final will be held tomorrow at the Lierre Sports Park at 2100. After the winner of the men’s final is decided they will have the exhibition match between the women’s and men’s champs next weekend. Usually the men win, but there have been notable exceptions like … click here to continue.

OOC: okay more stories after updates.

OOC: The Red Party, a front to rejoin the EU? Why not one about the glorious PRC? :p

OOC: hehe its simply because at their first rally they held it in a location surounded by the color red. And they actually do not want to rejoin the EU, those are just rumors. :p

Alright, everyone, this post is to announce that the stats on first page have been completely updated, and I'm going to begin writing up intel PMs and working on the map. Turn Eight will be officially starting in a couple days, hopefully, and I'll be announcing a deadline as well after that. I'm letting you all know about this now because of the long delay since last turn - hopefully you all still check this thread every once in awhile.

Anyway, regarding the new stats, note that America and Russia have their own sections under "Leading SolFed Member States." Also note that the mid-tier nations have been removed from the stats, though their colonies remain. Lastly, note that a new section with corporate stats has been added. If you see any errors in the stats - especially in the corporate section, since I had to build that all from scratch - or if you have any suggestions for stuff to add (speaking of which, I'll be adding the "cities" stat next turn), be sure to tell me about it.

To Sol Federation, European Union.
we have finished the final testing upon the "Brandon Jones ", the Prototype of the Nut class Variable Form Skip Fighter. We are currently preparing a presentation on it's basic capacities, specifications, and some of the potential uses of these craft.
As such, we wish to also schedule a physical demonstration of the crafts capabilities for your military and civilian officials, in hopes of landing a contract for the production of these crafts for your forces. please give us a time and location within the Sol system that would be convenient for you.

When are orders due?

When are orders due?

I'll probably set the deadline at a week from when I complete and post the new map (which is going to be difficult, since the computer with the necessary files is no longer connected to the internet). All intel PMs on my list have been sent, but if you were expecting one, or still want one, and you weren't sent one, PM me with whatever questions you still have.

To: Governors of the European Union, Sovereign Government of Bacchus

Re: Restructuring

Seeing no significant negative feedback and numerous positive responses, we will prepare a final copy of the reorg plan.

To: EU

We look forward to seeing the completed draft and will discuss it or agree depending on what the final proposal entails. Bacchans are hopeful for continued friendship with the EU.

President Isabella Soto

To the EU
From Tyrelia

We also await the completed draft eagerly. We hope that under the new organisation the colonies will have a greater influence over the actions of the EU as a whole.

Finally, here's the new map. This design is by Symphony D. as well. Note the inclusion of Stigma skimming facilities to the display - they're the dotted squares around each populated system. Also note that the rings now display ownership, not quality, which is designated by the color of the nametag for each star.

And with this, turn eight has finally started. I'm still not going to set a deadline quite yet - I'm going on a trip to Europe in a couple of weeks, and I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have, so I might set the deadline for after I get back. Regardless, early orders are always appreciated. ;)

Attachments

• Turn 8 Map.jpg
    Turn 8 Map.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 136
Top Bottom