Random Rants IX: I'm Mad As Hell, And I'm Not Gonna Take It Anymore!

Thing is, there's no pattern. It's (AFAIK) completely random :(

It's not random at all if its on a daily schedule... there must be some reason it hapopens at the same time every day... did something awful happen you recently at that time of day? Is your diet scheduled so your energy gets very low in mid-day? do you have a particularly difficult class then? there must be some connection otherwise it wouldnt be consisten in its timing

My office manager seems incapable of understanding the instructions that she gives to me. I just got an email from her chewing me out for not doing the procedures list she has me doing each morning and evening. Among my crimes: I checked off one of the lines, whereon it says to make my desk neat and clean, and once a week to disinfect the telephone and computer. I do this, and check it off twice a day. She apparently assumed that I was claiming to disinfect the telephone and computer twice a day, and since I obviously am not (for some reason - I can't imagine why - I have been doing it once a week) I am not following the procedure properly.

She is like this all the time. She wants to micromanage me but is not often clear on what she wants me to do. She is still upset that I use webmail instead of Outlook - Outlook has the advantage that it is what she wants me to use, but webmail has the advantage that it actually gets incoming mail and sends outgoing mail.

Dangit. BeSt chokes again, and Stork gets another ride to the finals. I hope he blows it and gets his 7th silver. YellOw 2.0, here we come.

I HATE it when CFC freezes EXACTLY when I"m trying to edit a post!!! :mad: And then 3 minutes pass and the "last edited by" line will show up even though I was only going to correct a word I spelled wrong or something like that...

My main "freelancers contract" expires at 2 AM tonight. I talked with my editor, and even though I got a nearly perfect performance review, they don't have the money to hire me full time, and the next freelancers contract they're going to offer me isn't nearly as steady (or lucrative).

I'm still on a list to contribute to a few different media sources now, but this was the best job on the list. Time to hit the pavement again I guess.

My main "freelancers contract" expires at 2 AM tonight. I talked with my editor, and even though I got a nearly perfect performance review, they don't have they money to hire me full time, and the freelancers contract they're going to offer me isn't nearly as steady (or lucrative).

I'm still on a list to contribute to a few different media sources now, but this was the best job on the list. Time to hit the pavement again I guess.

Practice writing recession anecdotes and you'll have more work than you can handle

cross over to a dépanneur. you are close enough to do so.

I'm somewhat allergic to beer, so I stick to spirits. SAQ isn't much cheaper on that front.

Alcohol prices here just suck in comparison to the US.

I just can't stand anymore movies where the ugliest guys score the most beautiful chicks.

Case in point: take that guy:

In movies he scored these girls:

And what bugs me is that it's never the other way around (an ugly chick scoring a gorgeous guy), mostly because it's hard to find an ugly chick in movies, while ugly guys... galore.

I find the whole thing incredibly sexist.

Popups anger me!!!!! Especially the stupid talking smilies that scream "hello"!

So they all winge at me to re-surface the kitchen table.

I clean the whole thing, I remove twenty coats of crappy old varnish from the top and sand out all the burns and dinks, I wax the whole thing, I mix up a varnish to make the sanded top colour match the rest and apply it.

I look upon the stain/ varnish and decide it is perfect. I decide that without a kitchen table I deserve a take away and wine. As I open the kitchen door to make this a reality the cat runs in and jumps on the corner of the wet table leaving paw prints. I freak, the cat runs right across the table to hide. I wimper in horror, the cat jumps back up onto a still-perfect corner to check what the problem is.

Very bad kitty.

Birthday threads suck! They're just a way to increase postcounts.

No one ever makes me one anyways. :(

The people in my neighborhood. Have you people ever heard of a driveway? It's that strip of gravel or asphalt sitting next to your house. And guess what? You can even park your car right there on top of it! Amazing! No more having to park in front of my house anymore!

If only...:mad:

How do you just leave for Gainesville without telling anyone?!?!

Good grief! I was starting to get worried because my grandfather never came home from work so I called him after three hours and apparently he won tickets for the Florida game tomorrow and he and my nephew went down to see it (I'm very aware that it's tomorrow), which is fine and dandy for them but it would be nice to be told what's going on!!

I'd be pretty mad if someone I knew just up and left for Gainesville.

Meanwhile, Cities Of The Underworld is starting to tick me off...

Top Bottom