Successive game

ahman

Warlord
Is anyone interested in playing a game 5-10 turns each round-robin?

May be only OCC Emperor game. Either Spaceship or no diplomat Conquest (Go to tanks and then allowed to conqueror cities but not to settle them).

Otherwise it's quite simple abusing "We love president day"

Sure. Drop the savegame.
If someone is playing, just leave a message that you do so.
And when you say you're playing don't wait for more than a few hours to save the result back to the forum.
Add some remarks about your plans and the situation if you feel like it's needed.

May be only OCC Emperor game. Either Spaceship or no diplomat Conquest (Go to tanks and then allowed to conqueror cities but not to settle them).

Otherwise it's quite simple abusing "We love president day"

Sounds fun. I've never played an OCC game, what's the strategy?

Research straight to Democracy? Can you outresearch the computer on Emperor or will there be a lot of tech trading with diplomats?

First build a Militia for protection, then two more for hut popping and get some free army units (EDIT: Oh, you have to pay for all units... I've been playing the SNES version.), then a Settler, then a Granary?

What wonders are most important? Colossus, Great Library, The Pyramids?

Sounds fun. I've never played an OCC game, what's the strategy?

Research straight to Democracy? Can you outresearch the computer on Emperor or will there be a lot of tech trading with diplomats?

First build a Militia for protection, then two more for hut popping and get some free army units (EDIT: Oh, you have to pay for all units... I've been playing the SNES version.), then a Settler, then a Granary?

What wonders are most important? Colossus, Great Library, The Pyramids?

We had some discussions on OCC games. I even tried to kind a sistematize it. Prorbably, this link and a link inside would be iteresting.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=517004

Also OCC Deity games are quite popular in Civ2. However, in Civ1 they are quite disbalanced, but still playable and make some fun.

No, Democracy is very far, and you don't need it. Republic is superior and you can reach it fast, and I think this is one of the key points. Another key point are trade routes (3 trade routes are somethinh like Colossus).

Also, usually diplomats are not good (they stole random tech and the next researched tech becomes more expensive) since you should be outresearch with single city, but you need some key wonders like Copernicus and Newton. Colossus also is good of course, but you never can be sure to get it without reloads (sometimes it's built in 3300 BC). Shakespear aslo is very good thing, but science wonders are much more important.

Granary (you have WLPD in Republic for fast growing), Pyraminds, Great Library are kind of waste of hammers for OCC.

Another problem will be defending your city. Barbs are not problem (they cannot win a battle attacking your sole city), but AIs are not under control, and they like to ask for tribute and even DoW sometimes.

In conclusion I would say - a good city (gold, or double gold) spot or Colossus makes thing much easier. They together are even more better (in this case it's easy to win with some experince).

So, if you never tried than you may try at Prince and at King then. I think I didn't spend much time for winning them.

By the way, what is SNES version? I'm using just standard Dos version.:goodjob:

Just post a save! I don't have a OCC savegame here, how do you make them?
If none is posted this weekend I'll just post a standard savegame.

ps. the SNES version is the version that came out on the Super Nintendo.

Random world, the English has knowledge of Bronze Working. Science set to 100%.

Just post a save! I don't have a OCC savegame here, how do you make them?
If none is posted this weekend I'll just post a standard savegame.

ps. the SNES version is the version that came out on the Super Nintendo.

You don't need to make it. Just restrict yourself in building cities. :king: In OCC don't build (have) more than one city.

but the AI can? that's... eh. Brave.

Sure AIs can...So, OCC is a usual civ game, but you add an additional rule for yourself. In Civ2 strong players can win most of such random games (if not all of them) launching Spaceship. In Civ1...well there is more of a luck factor (like mechanic of building wonders by AI and so on), also there is no normal diplomacy.

Settling on plains automatically irigate, so building London on the horses would've given an extra shield (or an extra food if you want to look at it that way). I finished the Militia, explored the city radius and found another bonus grassland. There's four squares with food = 2, after that we're gonna need a Settler. Is a Granary neccessary or can we just use "we love the king" at size 3 to grow? In that case we need a Temple with Mysticism to keep the happiness up (to grow as far as possible), so I started Ceremonial Burial research. If you sell the Palace, is corruption the only thing affected? Can we make 200 nice gold in the start? I started a Colossus prebuild.

Settling on plains automatically irigate, so building London on the horses would've given an extra shield (or an extra food if you want to look at it that way). I finished the Militia, explored the city radius and found another bonus grassland. There's four squares with food = 2, after that we're gonna need a Settler. Is a Granary neccessary or can we just use "we love the king" at size 3 to grow? In that case we need a Temple with Mysticism to keep the happiness up (to grow as far as possible), so I started Ceremonial Burial research. If you sell the Palace, is corruption the only thing affected? Can we make 200 nice gold in the start? I started a Colossus prebuild.
yes - corruption will go through the roof, but that's it.

I don't know if WLTK is going to take care of it, but I'd rather build a granary yes. I'm not that concerned about happiness now, because we will be building settlers - so I don't expect the population to rise very high early on. Agree?

Wait. Are we playing OCC? :D

View attachment ELI3700B.SAV

ps how do you attach files like you do, instead of in the message itself?

Top Bottom