PBEM Playtest of AWAW

BKA

Perfectionist, CIVilized
Hi all,

I recently finished work of a brand new WWII scenario and I am looking for some good generals to playtest it.

The scenario covers WWII from 1939 to 1945. You can play as either USSR, Germany, UK, Japan and the USA together with the Minor Allies and Axis.

The scenario uses scaled down graphics, and in general terms resemble the ZWK scenario by Kobayashi.

For more info read the following thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41010

To download the scenario follow this link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64227

So, anyone interested? You are able to take command of in between 3-100 infantry divisions, 0-30 capital ships, 1-15 bomber wings or 1-30 tanks divisions.
If this sounds appealing to you leave a note, and let the struggle begin. :cool:

USSR: BKA
Germany: Voltar
UK: Eivind IV
Japan: Boli
USA: Morten Blaabjerg

Optional:

Minor Axis: "Closed"
Minor Allies: "Closed"

I'll join up as the Empire of the Rising Sun. (Japan)

Never played a PBEM game before but it should be easy enough to pick up (Having played civ2 since it came out), and this playtesting thing I take it is the same as a normal game except you can b*tch aout the "little things" a bit more :D.

~ Boli

The links don't work. :(

Great Boli, and thanks for specifying the first link. Funny, I thought I tried both. :confused:

You are hereby in command of the Empire of the Rising Sun. May you command your forces succesfully.

It's also just the second time for me I try a PBEM game, but the former one was great fun (about WWI).

Darius are you also interested in playing a nation? Seems from the other threads that you are quite experienced. ;)

Best Regards

BKA

Lord Boli to rule

After a peaceful democratic election and subsequent sandal over overseas territory a coup led by Admiral Boli ceases power in an easy victory. Construction immediately begins on a new government building on the bombed out ruins of the old.

Almost immediately after being sworn in as protector of the empire and right hand of the emperor; Admiral Boli hereafter known as Lord Boli embarked on sweeping reforms and a system of alliances with the European nations that promise to herald a new age for the people of the land of the rising sun.

Other news:

29 people have been reported missing in the last week in the Capital including the reporter who was investigating these rumours. City police deny all knowledge of these disappearances.

:D Yey I rule!

Well well, read the following Soviet news then:

Revolution in Russia yet again?

The working class rule of the Soviet Union have today in accordance with the writings of Marx and Lenin voluntary chosen comrade Schukow as new military and political leader.
As for a political statement the Polit Bureau on behalf of the Marshall has released the following words:

"Capitalists of the World!"

"The dialectic Determinism of History is inevitable. Long time enough have your exploited the working class. The time has come where your rule ends and Communism succeeds."
"Your choice is simple: Ally with our cause or be buried in the dialectic process of time!"

" Na Zdoroveya!"

Marshall Schukow.

Of the record info:

I am spending the coming weekend in Germany for my Grandma's 80 years birthday so I wont be able to post before Sunday evening.

On Monday I plan to launch the game. Hopefully there will be some more signups. I expect that at least Morten Blaabjerg from the CivII scenario creation forum also will join. Hopefully as either Germany or UK :king:

- BKA

I'll take the US of A...

I know I would get my a$$ whipped playing germany... -played a couple of turns tonight, just for fun. It looks and plays very well, the setup and the sounds give it quite a unique atmosphere :)

Hopefully someone can explain how to get rid of the pbem production error, which occurs when somebody takes one of your cities, when the AI change all production orders. Never figured out how to actually use that program, which could do it.

Lazy civ... from what I have read we ALL have to use it or none of us or bad things happen... though I have only skipped through the details and am most likley wrong.

~ Boli

Very nice Henrik and Morten. Welcome onboard. :cool:

Then we just need one playing as Germany to close the circle. A computer player in that position would spoil the fun.
I will post another thread searching for that person.
If nobody turns up before Monday evening, I will take the first turn as Germany (Germany is the starting player), posting it to Henrik thereafter.

Then the game could begin. :king:

Btw: Here are some updated files for the version 1.1 (beta):

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/AWAW1.1.zip

And BTW LazyCiv is worth it and is a definite must in my opinion

*grumbles* now there is something more I have to learn from scratch.

I may be out for a couple of days whilst I reinstall windows sometime in the next couple of weeks but hopefully it won't interupt play. Just to let you all know.

~ Boli

LazyCiv is incredibly simple.
Start the game when you are asked to type in your name or selecet Male or Female start lazyciv. Play your turn as normal. Close civ2 then close lazyciv, thats it.

Hmmm just had a check at the Senerio... this is gonna be hard. Japan me thinks is there to be trounced on. ahh well be an experiance anyways.

~ Boli

Top Bottom