News: TSG110 Announcement

Anyone else getting -

Sorry, file TSG110_Start.Civ5Save is not available.

As this question is coming up pretty much every game -- why not make the error message a bit clearer i.e. adding a "yet" at the end?

As this question is coming up pretty much every game -- why not make the error message a bit clearer i.e. adding a "yet" at the end?

If the error message is more challenging to change the link text "The Save can be found here." could easily be modified :)

The line right above the link says when it becomes available, so maybe just increase the font size and color of that line so it really stand out.

The line right above the link says when it becomes available, so maybe just increase the font size and color of that line so it really stand out.

maybe i'll place both lines in a Quote box so people might read them as a package? or even a Spoiler box so they must see both through some interactivity? but that may irk the regulars who know all of this and now have to jump thru an albeit minor hoop to download it.

honestly, i think there will always be people who won't read everything in the description, particularly first-timers. eyes are pretty good about skimming for the words you want to see and eagerness may override all else when they see the clickable download link, followed by an immediate post looking for answers why it isnt available.

i really appreciate the regulars helping with fielding these questions as long as they aren't mean or insulting someone's intelligence. so far i havent seen anything like that so that's a big help. but be careful with humor, some may not get the joke.

thanks
HR

I agree that no matter what ya'll try to do, some folks will still just click the link and post that it doesn't work. I was just pointing out that there are far simpler ways of getting folks attention than changing the error message.

i really appreciate the regulars helping with fielding these questions as long as they aren't mean or insulting someone's intelligence. so far i havent seen anything like that so that's a big help. but be careful with humor, some may not get the joke.

Hey, just trying to help! It would never occur to me to insult anyone's intelligence because they're eager to download the new GOTM - quite the contrary actually ;)

Anyway, it's a really a minor issue and if people come to the forums to clarify, that's also a good thing.

If this were any other game, I'd settle on the E copper for the hill start, mountain and river. I might do that anyway depending on what the warrior finds. Even moving 1 E will allow the player to get Machu Picchu and Neuschwanstein, both of which are good for domination games.

With raging barbarians and 10 civs, I might actually go full Honor and see what that's like.

Ok y'all. Haven't played a GOTM since Civ 4 in 2012! So excited to be back. I'm rusty to say the least, and to be honest, a complete novice in Civ 5.

As far as strategy: gonna explore first, but tempted to go north... looks like the river extends upward and I'm scared of the desert.

I haven't played any of these for a while, but I used to enjoy comparing my strategy with others. So, I have decided to try them again.

In the past they really helped me to improve my game. I have, however, not played [civ5] for 8 months :( , so I probably have a lot more learning to do. :)

Top Bottom