Civ4 BTS v3.19 Patch

Absolutely UU/UB tweaks. I am disappointed. :p

So WinMerge doesn't seem to want to create a unified patch of the two SDK folders. It will happily show me the differences side-by-side, but I need to now apply those diffs to BULL's files. Am I missing something? I also see it has no way to apply a patch, so I suppose I'll have to nab Cygwin or something.

The other option I can think of is to commit 3.17 to a new SVN somewhere, commit 3.19 over it, and apply the difference using SVN Merge to the BULL folder. What are you other modders doing to update your DLLs? If you're doing it file-by-file, stop now. That's madness! The SVN route is a hack but I'm pretty sure it will work.

Please, education me in the ways of patches. I've done file-by-file for a while now and it's not terribly time consuming, but it is mind numbing.

OH! Did you see.. ?
They.. they enabled the classic CivIV Main Menu! That means playing BtS can be done with that awesome intro song from IV. That "Hmm Aarh Hummm JahJah Uiiihhh HahJahAhAh..."
Gotta be the best thing 'bout the whole patch

OH! Did you see.. ?
They.. they enabled the classic CivIV Main Menu! That means playing BtS can be done with that awesome intro song from IV. That "Hmm Aarh Hummm JahJah Uiiihhh HahJahAhAh..."
Gotta be the best thing 'bout the whole patch

Sorry to rain on your parade, but this was available in v3.17 too... ;)

I don't think that's what they mean. I think they mean that civs no longer can get Espianage points (just a guess)

From what it sounds like, they "solved" the overflow bug by basically ignoring chops and whips from overflow calculations? So, if your base hammers and modifiers throw you into the threshold for gold overflow, that still counts, but you can't chop forests for gold anymore?

Um, I have problem. When I try to install it, it has a 'catastrophic error'.

...Help?

Trading SS techs? Is this a change or a bug?
(Ragnar is my vassal, if it matters.)

Now I wonder how those creating BULL will handle it.

Given that Alexman is a developer of the game, and he has said their intentions was to have the effect of the UP, I'm gonna go with the UP for BULL and consider it an unreleased official bugfix. Anyone have any qualms with that?

Please, education me in the ways of patches.

Patching is generally done using programs like "diff" and "patch" from unix systems. Diff produces a single file that contains all of the changes across multiple files in a format that makes it clear where exactly in the file those changes occurred. There are many presentation formats, but the idea is that someone reading the output and looking at the original files can figure out how to make those changes themselves.

Then patch is used to apply those changes to a set of target files that are also modified versions of the original files. As long as the target files are close enough to the originals, patch can figure things out. Conflicts arise when both the new and target files were changed from the original in the same place.

Using a source control program to do this is essentially the same thing. I called it a trick only because applying external patches is not really the point of SVN, but it is an integral feature.

Trading SS techs? Is this a change or a bug?

Are you saying that Ragnar should not be willing to trade the tech? I believe that AIs at Friendly are always willing to trade. I don't know about SS techs, but I know they will ignore their WFYABTA limit and probably the we-dont-want-to-start-trading-this-tech constraint as well.

I would be happy with the memory allocation error fix. I wonder if that is fixed in this patch.

From what it sounds like, they "solved" the overflow bug by basically ignoring chops and whips from overflow calculations?

That's not quite fair - they solved the overflow bug by adapting one of the popular modded solutions, but added a calculation error.

Damn this installer. I just wanted to look at the source code without installing it yet but the installed doesn't ask me where to install itand goes right to the installation, and the cancel button doesn't work. So now if anything (mods etc.) is incompatible I'll have to uninstall all of BTS and reinstall.

Top Bottom