RANDOM RANTS XXII: The Angry Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today looked like it was going to be a good day, but then a co-worker who was learning new things, made an absolute howler and it messed everything else up. And it was up to me to try and correct the mistake. So right now I am frustrated.

87% is not acceptable enough.

It appears I lost the ability to walk in a span of seven hours sleeping.

I am curious as to what happened.

It was sunny earlier this morning and it's currently a thunderstorm. Dear Midwestern weather, Is it really too much to ask for you to be consistent?

87% is not acceptable enough.

If you don't want the 87% I'd gladly take it.

Getting senioritis March of Sophomore year has done wonders for my grades. And by wonders, I mean it has totally wrecked them.

Ohio?

LOL you're not in the midwest

YARLY

You're part of the Great Lakes/Rust Belt/North region

Spoiler MOAR MAPS :

midwest = 7, orange

purple

Don't argue about what defines the midwest, we already have the far more important argument of what defines Eastern Europe if we want to argue over geography.

Eastern Europe lies squarely in Poland.

Yes, this was intentional.

It's a nice night, quiet and everyone's in bed.

...but I have to be up at 9 AM(currently 1:16) for my graduation ceremony, and of course, I'm not tired.

I was supposed to be asleep an hour ago or so.

This ALWAYS happens; whenever I have an important appointment or such set up, I always sleep in.

And to make matters worse, I'M BORED. The stock market doesn't open for several hours(it's my daily rollercoaster ride), I'm afraid of playing games for fear of being sucked into them, and finally, nobody's online playing Imperium Offtopicum. FFFFF.

RANT: I'm not considered a person:(

Considering corporations are considered persons, it was only a limited time before humans were considered not to be! :run:

Seriously, I didn't mean any offense. Just unfortunately, everything's quiet over there in Forum Games, and I'm impatient to see if Thorvald will remain impartial and allow the transition of Neo Incan lands into Marian hands...

Besides, it means we get more diplomatic/military drama/intrigue/popcorn! :mischief:

I think you(we) might have to fight for what was given to you when the other players wake up.

I'm afraid of playing games for fear of being sucked into them, and finally, nobody's online playing Imperium Offtopicum. FFFFF.
I'm guessing it's too late to join Imperium Offtopicum now, isn't it?

Back on topic, here's a rant: While watching television in my room, I saw what seemed to be a mixture of an ant and spider walking around. It was about 1.5 of a fire ant but had the legs of a spider. I'm very afraid of bugs, spiders generally (aranchophobia or something like that...). So, thinking quickly, I grabbed a flashlight and pointed the light at it, notifying the bug I noticed it. It continued walking around, sometimes coming closer. When it got too close (which for me would be about 3 feet) I hit the flashlight hard against the floor, scaring it, and it worked. The spider froze in its tracks. Once it moved again, I hit the flashlight, unfortunately actually breaking it this time, the inside of the device flying apart. Now, for me the bug killer was the sprayer (Air Wick), and it worked...kind of. So I grabbed the Air Wick can and tested if it had enough spray left.
Unfortunately again this was heard by my mother, who of course didn't care I was afraid and that I just didn't kill it with a Kleenex, and immediately came in my room to see what was going on. When I told her about the bug, she asked for the same flashlight I broke, and I had to give it to her. She inevitably asked, and I told her I broke it by hitting it (not explaining this was to scare the bug). I didn't see the bug anymore, so I told her it was worthless. Then, of course, in the amazing twist of fate, she asked about how I hit the flashlight. I then told her the truth...
She did of course not think that was a good idea, and showed that by exhaling (not the "sigh of relief" exhale).
I'm just mad she has to interfere with a lot of my complicated thoughts and solutions and she seems to never understand them, and expresses that by repeating the same "I don't understand that, I mean, why would you do that?" every two seconds. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom