CIV Gold!

Also i have Civ Gold! BTS 4.0not 5.1 final. Can you put a new download link on 5.1 final atomic gamer isn't working for me.

Yeah, I wanted to try the new version myself, and came to report the same thing; the link at AG doesn't seem to work for me either. Has anybody else experienced this?

Since WyzSub10 stopped supporting the mod in the lack of time, neither the links work, nor the progress on updating LHs continues :(

Capo, if you need something specifically, I can check it for you and upload it. I may still have the files somewhere...

Well, I know that the way they set this mod up may make what I am about to say difficult on you. But I was basically going to pillage the mod. So what I really wanted to do was get all of the LHs, Buildings, Units, Flags etc. (so basically ALL of the art) and see if I could use any of it for DII. So if you want to do that go ahead, I'd appreciate it. But if you send me the flags and stuff I would need to know what civs they are for.

Hm, I will check what do I exactly have hidden in my old machine
If I find anything, it should be from the latest version (Gold 5.2)

Alright guys, whoever needs the latest version, consider yourself lucky
I even found the 5.2 install file :goodjob:

Just got to ask. Do the leaders have their own unique personalities, or are they just copy-pasted of others?

Spoiler :

Congrats, veBear, you resurrected after one year of it being dead!

To be honest, I think the leaders have semi-unique personalities, but just tweaks of existing ones.

Just got to ask. Do the leaders have their own unique personalities, or are they just copy-pasted of others?

Spoiler :

Most are unique. If I remember right, a handful of leaders use personalities I'd written, and I never copy-paste.

Heyyyyyyy, the link you sent here isn't working anymore. Megaupload is dead. huhuhu. I need this because I want new civs and leaderheads because its so hard adding them manually.

Legend of Revolution may have what you want. I don't think this mod is live anymore, which is a real shame, as I used to be torn between this and LoR

Heyyyyyyy, the link you sent here isn't working anymore. Megaupload is dead. huhuhu. I need this because I want new civs and leaderheads because its so hard adding them manually.

Actually I might still have the files around somewhere.
Will check it when I'm back at home, on the next weekend.

Since Civ Gold is apparently dead/unsupported, any recommendations for similar mods which provide collections of new civs only (without significantly altering gameplay like Legends of Revolution or History Rewritten)?

Oops, totally forgot about this after I posted here, back in the summer.
Anyway, if anyone is still interested:
Found the latest version of Civ Gold, here is the executable for 5.2

I'm sorry it's a couple of months after the fact, but thanks so much to AbsintheRed for posting the latest executable.

And I'm sorry it's several years after the fact, but THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to Civ Gold! Through constant play going back to the release of BTS, I'm pretty sure I'd played as every Civ/Leader many times - so I'm loving that every random game I'm seeing leaders and civs I've never experienced before, and is almost guaranteed to always have a unique combination of opposing civs.

Also, for anyone else who reads through this thread as I did before deciding whether to pull the trigger on such a large mod, I'm happy to report that with the processing power/RAM/hard rive space typical of standard computers nowadays, the resource considerations are no longer really problems. With my non-gaming computer, the mod takes less than three minutes to load, and I haven't removed a single civ to "slim down" the mod.

THANKS AGAIN to all who are responsible for Civ Gold!

Top Bottom