What is the difference between abundant resources and standard?

One is abundant and the other isn't.

It means the map is generated with more resources if its set to abundant and other is the so-called "balanced sorta" option.

On abundant if a city you're settling has fewer than 3 luxuries and 1 strategic resource, you're bad at settling.

Likewise on abundant, because of the above noted, you should be playing at LEAST 1 to 2 levels higher than normal because your civ is going to be inundated with luxury resources, effectively eliminating your happiness needs.

In my opinion, it is a weird option to play with because all you are really doing is upping the production and happiness of everyone's cities, making the game easier. IN addition, you're ruining your concept of playing the game 'vanilla' and when you take it to multiplayer you might be surprised at how much more difficult staying happy can be!

I think (but am not sure) that abundant gives more of each strategiv resource. Like one iron gives 6 instead of 4 or something. I usually play with legendary start, it only affect your start so that your capitol becomes good.

Whatever abundant is, it is never enough of an increase. Especially in the ocean. Sometimes I see entire continents without a single whale or pearl.

I believe abundant is more tiles with the same resource. Versus strategic is more varied resources within a given area.

Top Bottom