Wait! Excess Food Now Carries Over?!

Sprenk

Prince
Forgive me if everyone else already knows this. But one of my BNW games my capital went up a population point, and the excess food carried over. :eek:

Err . . . In G&K that didn't happen, right? We were told over and over by the best players to lock down the tiles before the pop rose to gain extra production and not waste the extra food, because it didn't carry over.

But I think I saw Madjinn lock his tiles down in the Venice game he's doing a Let's Play for? Why is he doing that if the Food DOES carry over now?

So what am I missing / confused about? :confused:

What I've heard over and over is slightly different:
Switch to production emphansis but lock the tiles down to somewhere between what normal & production would have done.
This is because the brand new citizen works hammers (& probably gold), but because food has already been processed that citizen's food is wasted for one turn.

What I've heard over and over is slightly different:
Switch to production emphansis but lock the tiles down to somewhere between what normal & production would have done.
This is because the brand new citizen works hammers (& probably gold), but because food has already been processed that citizen's food is wasted for one turn.

The excess food is carried over, but the food that the *NEW* citizen earns isn't added.

Top Bottom