Question re: OCCs and Cultural/Ideological City-Flipping

tedoll78

aka 'HylianTom' :)
So.. the question should be pretty obvious: what happens when a city wants to flip in an OCC game (leaving a multi-city civ to join an OCC civ)? Does it become independent? Self-raze? Remain unhappy?

Just curious. Similar to how there's no option to liberate cities (instead of auto-razing) in an OCC game, I wonder if this mechanic has been overlooked or ignored..

Cheers!

Instantly razed.

Attachments

• 2013%2D07%2D14%5F00001.jpg
    2013%2D07%2D14%5F00001.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 318
How did you get to Refrigeration by 1525? I may be wrong, but wouldn't you need much more than 240:c5science:/turn to get there by that time?

Sort of related question, has anyone had a city flip from ideology? I've seen civs flip ideology but i've had others that remained defiant when they were well over 20 unhappiness and all I seemed to notice was their military was weak. Do barbs spawn and if they capture a city it becomes yours? Or is it automatic in some way?

Awesome! This will be Goal #1 for my next game - competitors' cities popping all over the map! Ha!
(Thanks!)

Sort of related question, has anyone had a city flip from ideology? I've seen civs flip ideology but i've had others that remained defiant when they were well over 20 unhappiness and all I seemed to notice was their military was weak. Do barbs spawn and if they capture a city it becomes yours? Or is it automatic in some way?

It's happened to me quite a lot on Prince. On low difficulty levels, it can happen once or twice per game depending on if someone's going for a cultural victory or not. Craziest I've had was Suleiman handing me over 4 cities by flip. It just happens automatically. The worst is, they act just like cities being given to you by trade, so they're still in resistance when you get them, and you still gotta choose if you're going to puppet, annex, or raze them.

It's happened to me quite a lot on Prince. On low difficulty levels, it can happen once or twice per game depending on if someone's going for a cultural victory or not. Craziest I've had was Suleiman handing me over 4 cities by flip. It just happens automatically. The worst is, they act just like cities being given to you by trade, so they're still in resistance when you get them, and you still gotta choose if you're going to puppet, annex, or raze them.

Oh wow. Yeah i've never seen that on Emperor. Should give you the option to peacefully take the city without need for a courthouse, since they are assumed to be voluntarily joining your empire, but oh well i'd be happy to get some free cities lol.

^ I had it happen once on Immortal. Though their overall unhappiness has to be pretty high. Usually it would happen to warmongers who puppeted too many cities and didn't care about culture at all (Shaka/Huns/etc).

Top Bottom