[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

I love the idea of this trait, it just has one BIG flaw.

Summoned units require resources.

Why is this? why does me summoning a specter or a big lump of rock cause me to loose money? What is the upkeep cost for a lump, why does it count towards my millitery units.
It's a real shame, as I see the trait as a small army civ. Build many summoners, ship them off with some protection and then when you get to an opponents city, BAM, you now have 6 extra units. But when this happens it cost you extra money. Why :confused:

jselsmark said:
Does this go for elves too? (bummer having to destroy a town just to get a town with ancient forrest :sad: )

anyway... what I really wanted to say was:
Thanks for spoiling us, I remember you saying somewhere that the reason you gave us so many patches in 0.15 is because 0.16 is a long wait (how long exactly?, can't seem to find an eta for 0.16 anywhere), but really looking at how close all the versions have been to each other in the past I believe that no one would dare complain even if you did'nt patch as often as you do. Good job guys! (and girls if there are any on the team :p )

We havent set a release date on 0.16.

chocmushroom said:
I love the idea of this trait, it just has one BIG flaw.

Summoned units require resources.

Why is this? why does me summoning a specter or a big lump of rock cause me to loose money? What is the upkeep cost for a lump, why does it count towards my millitery units.
It's a real shame, as I see the trait as a small army civ. Build many summoners, ship them off with some protection and then when you get to an opponents city, BAM, you now have 6 extra units. But when this happens it cost you extra money. Why :confused:

You're right. I will see what I can do keep players from having to pay maintenance on summond units.

BlazeRedSXT said:
Funny the comments about the AV. I usually actively seek it out so I can reap the benefits of all the lovely little beakers getting added to my cities! so what if I look evil to the rest of the world... bring em on :D!

I love having the AV in FfH. When I assume my in game persona I just want to be a good guy taking on evil. Which isn't easy in FfH. Read the Pedia entry for the hero Valin Phanuel. Awesome. The good/neutral/evil dynamic is just one more thing that sets FfH from plain old vanilla civ. I'm sure I'll slip over to the dark side at some point.

when you will add more uu to them , could you add more undead uu ?
like skeleton warriors or zombie axemem , make them more evil and grave like faction

thanx

Would it be possible to modify the scout line (Scout, Hunter, Ranger, etc...) to allow for the march promotion and the race specific promotions. These seem in character for these units.

These scouts are all about mobility and the march promotion which allows the unit to heal while moving seems to fit right in. Hit and move, live off the land and keep going.

Also these are hunters, more in tune with nature. So allowing them to focus their skills against a certain race (Elves, Dwarves or Orcs) seems to fit with this aspect.

Just a role-playing note that I felt should be brought up. I can't see it affecting the balance much (if any) and I think that it has the right feel to it. Any other opinions?

carnivore said:
when you will add more uu to them , could you add more undead uu ?
like skeleton warriors or zombie axemem , make them more evil and grave like faction

thanx

Vampries aren't undead as they are in D&D. The Calabim actually have a fixation with life (and sustaining it by stealing it from others) and skeletons and zombies wouldn't be very appropriate for them.

But the Infernals will have wide mix of undead and demonic units.

Is the attacking bonus working (for when attacking into a terain)? I have yet to see the statistics show up that tell me that my elven archer attacking a unit in a forest has a bonus. In fact it still tells me that unit has a tile defense bonus.

Is it me or am I missing this?

curtadams said:
Is there a way to put this mod out as a ZIP, RAR, etc. file? I have a Mac and .EXE is just white noise as far as my computer is concerned.

Unfortunatly that won't be your only issue. I uploaded a non-exe version for another mac user but he still couldn't play it because it uses a custom DLL. Sorry.

PapaMonkey said:
Is the attacking bonus working (for when attacking into a terain)? I have yet to see the statistics show up that tell me that my elven archer attacking a unit in a forest has a bonus. In fact it still tells me that unit has a tile defense bonus.

Is it me or am I missing this?

Yeah it works, but I dont think it lists the modifier in the attack odds. If you place two ideltical units next to an enemy in woods and give one woodsman you will see that he has better odds attacking the enemy than the other even thought their bonuses are listed as equal.

Hello im kind of new to this mod but I have a question that I didnt see anywhere.

What is the difference between this FFH2 and FFH1? Why did you just decided to start making FFH2 instead of just do a really major FFH patch that added all this or changed the world as if it was something from its campaing or storyline of your imaginary world.

Anyway thanks for spending your time(to all on the team) and making this cool mod for this really cool game. You have a won a place in the CivHeaven!

Flex1 said:
Hello im kind of new to this mod but I have a question that I didnt see anywhere.

What is the difference between this FFH2 and FFH1? Why did you just decided to start making FFH2 instead of just do a really major FFH patch that added all this or changed the world as if it was something from its campaing or storyline of your imaginary world.

Anyway thanks for spending your time(to all on the team) and making this cool mod for this really cool game. You have a won a place in the CivHeaven!

When I origionally wrote the design docs for FfH I realized that some things were way to ambicious to be done without the SDK and in any reasonable timeframe. I had no programming experience, so anything I made happen was a miracle in and of itself.

So I seperated my want list into two sets, those things I thought I could do, and those things that would take a long time or would just not be possible for me. The first list, all of the things I could do, was FfH1. Along the way of making it I met and invited the team members we have now and learned enough to be ready to tackle FfH2. Since FfH1 was a full product in and of itself we let it exist as it is and started a new mod.

Form a code perspective there wasn't much that was usable from FfH1 anyway, just about everything was rewritten and is done differently (even if it plays exactly the same).

And at a basic level FfH1 was my mod with help from the team and FfH2 is from the ground up a team effort. It really shows you what a difference a talented team can make. FfH1 was all of the stuff Firaxis allowed and FfH2 are new features that I don't think even Firaxis considered. FfH1 only used the SDK for a few minor late game changes (the final version of FfH1 was held up for over a month waiting for Firaxis to release the SDK) and FfH2 is heavily modified.

You can still download FFH 1.00 and try it out. Heh, remembering good old times when spellcasters couldn't level (And when hawk was reskinned plane and trojan horse tank ;))
Seriously this is best mod I ever played, and even at 1.00, IMHO it outbeats most of other mods out now.

Few minor things: Are there any advantages to using high priests over inquistors? Inquisitors have higher strenght, command, inquisition... High priests only medic 3. Back in old times they has bless as well, but spells work diferent now, so shouldn't high priests be boosted a bit? Maybe a free promotion? (I always build 3 inquisitors any only then high priests)

Could you add pop-up for Acheron Killed? So that everyone knows: "Mighty dragon is killed by heroic armies... Treasure hunt is now over" And pic of dead dragon would fit very well, I can already see it.

TheJopa said:
You can still download FFH 1.00 and try it out. Heh, remembering good old times when spellcasters couldn't level (And when hawk was reskinned plane and trojan horse tank ;))
Seriously this is best mod I ever played, and even at 1.00, IMHO it outbeats most of other mods out now.

Few minor things: Are there any advantages to using high priests over inquistors? Inquisitors have higher strenght, command, inquisition... High priests only medic 3. Back in old times they has bless as well, but spells work diferent now, so shouldn't high priests be boosted a bit? Maybe a free promotion? (I always build 3 inquisitors any only then high priests)

Could you add pop-up for Acheron Killed? So that everyone knows: "Mighty dragon is killed by heroic armies... Treasure hunt is now over" And pic of dead dragon would fit very well, I can already see it.

Your right, in 0.16 Inquisitors wont get the free promotion that high priests do.

What are going to be some of the major changes in .16?

Samuelson said:
What are going to be some of the major changes in .16?

0.16 is a polish release, I wouldn't expect many new features. Its really just a release of any changes between now and the first release of "Fire" because I don't think I could wait that long.

The only scheduled feature for inclusion is some additions to the naval units that Loki has been working on. He wants to broaden out the optiosn with the ships and that will probably mean we will include the Lanun heroes as well.

THANK YOU FOR THIS you are :king: !!

second , i want to ask something and i would really want to see it happening if it is possible

could you make a unit invisible to other players with the specific promotions ?

like an elven warrior with woodman promotion in a forest , could it be invisble untill enemy is passing in his way ?
i have noticed that in the game , but you put it in the units also ?
it would make the game much more intence and deep , new startegy and an attacker need to be worried about units hidding in motains or in jungles , waitng for them

thanx

carnivore said:
THANK YOU FOR THIS you are :king: !!

second , i want to ask something and i would really want to see it happening if it is possible

could you make a unit invisible to other players with the specific promotions ?

like an elven warrior with woodman promotion in a forest , could it be invisble untill enemy is passing in his way ?
i have noticed that in the game , but you put it in the units also ?
it would make the game much more intence and deep , new startegy and an attacker need to be worried about units hidding in motains or in jungles , waitng for them

thanx

Yeah, invisibility, hidden nationality and general sneakiness is planned for the "Shadow" phase. So its oging to be a while before we get to it but its in the design doc.

Top Bottom