Nuclear Weapons and the Earth

Stylesrj

Tabitha SEAL
At the risk of sounding like an idiot here goes...

Anyway, I launched a couple of nukes and an event told me if I kept doing this, the Earth will crack like an egg.
Now I thought "WTF? That does not sound right, nukes barely scratch the surface".
Since I play on Settler, I have no clue of all your Deity and Prince and those high level games. What does happen if you lob too many nukes? Does the Earth crack like an egg, or is there a MASSIVE Global Warming which makes your cities starve to death?

By the way, Tactical nukes are awesome. Load them into a submarine, put them offshore and lob away...

You were playing the mod.... cant remember the name? Next War? Something like that..... it's a "feature" of that mod.

Chuck enough and you and all the AI lose.... the Barbarians win a conquest victory :lol:

Hmm, awesome, so what does happen to the planet? Everything dies or it says you suffer a defeat and a screen comes up saying how much you suck? (IE the demographics and graphs and stuff, with yours in huge favour, but not your win)

Oh and does that also give you the leadership capabilities of Dan Quayle? I think General Tao from Command & Conquer Generals would be more appropriate... he lobs off nukes without reason...

You get a screen saying something like Oh no! You should have listened to your scientist with a picture of earth cracking followed by a won Barbarians have won a domination victory but you can still keep playing like nothing happaned at all, you just can't win.

Ok, I'll go do that then, watch the Earth explode! Wish me luck!
Does this only happen on higher difficulties though? Settler is my style of play... I'm a pansy

I wish the screen could say this:

Congrats Mr/Mrs. Nukesalot. Your excessive nuking of your foes has led to the Earth exploding. Couldn't you have found a much more cleaner way of destroying your enemy, like... Assault Mechs or Dreadnoughts!? I mean, they create cool explosions, but they don't blow up the Earth! Use them instead. Go on, reload your game and crank them out!

Or even better yet:

Dear *leader name of type*

You phail. Good luck next time

I'm playing the scenario again on Deity and already got the warning without lobbing a single nuke. Damn AI, everytime the screen shakes I know those bastards launched another one.

Is there a counter to tactical nukes? Can I ever stop Hatty from droppin' them bombs on me when I invade for my final push? If not, I might as well have started a new game 50 turns ago before building up my military.

I dunno how many nukes it takes. I just spawned a couple dozen and lobbed away at the ocean. One of the nukes triggered the screen and there it was!

There's a mod that gives you all the features of the Next War epic games with that removed for anyone who doesn't like losing that way. I think it's called Chiyu's expanded or something. Fixes a few other bugs too, so I'd recommend it.

I've never played the actual Next War scenario cause it strikes me it'll almost always end that way.

Wow, I never played this mod/scenario, so I didn't know of that. It doesn't sound like much fun. Who would have thought Firaxis could have actually made nuclear wars less fun than they were? So now you not only have to deal with random tiles turning to deserts, but the world cracks like an egg!

Wow, I never played this mod/scenario, so I didn't know of that. It doesn't sound like much fun. Who would have thought Firaxis could have actually made nuclear wars less fun than they were? So now you not only have to deal with random tiles turning to deserts, but the world cracks like an egg!

A note on the random tiles that turn to desert: regular BTS game (no mods) and have been launching "a few" nukes to get that #1 opponent below me in score, I don't care about global warming, almost completed the space ship then I can get out of here :) But I have a few cities on icecaps for the resources, and in the middle of all the ice I find some deserts here and there... that's not right either. I know the place is deserted, but that's not a good reason to turn it into a desert when all other tiles are ice...

This is your Earth. This is your Earth on nukes. This is your Earth on nukes with a side of bacon.

Damn, I WB'd and launched over 1000 nukes and I haven't got the warning yet. Every single tile is desert/tundra/ice as well.

Crack the Earth open. Hehehehe as if nukes could do that

Cookie Crumbs said:
Damn, I WB'd and launched over 1000 nukes and I haven't got the warning yet. Every single tile is desert/tundra/ice as well.

I told you a million times not to exaggerate. It only works in the Next War Scenario/Mod

It's very unrealistic, but that does speak to my inner mad-scientist as a totally awesome way to end a game.

Now if only there can be some sort of script for the nuking. You know, have an effect that destroys the Earth and kills all Civs. If we can't do that, well then just have all civs on the Earth die and the terrain should undergo radical change to show it's destroyed or uninhabitable

Top Bottom