Ekmek's Civ5 Leaderscene Gallery

That one's looking neat mr. Ekmek, I think I could try making a nicer background too if you're willing to use it.

Or... is there a way of using Askia's without the fire?

That one's looking neat mr. Ekmek, I think I could try making a nicer background too if you're willing to use it.

Or... is there a way of using Askia's without the fire?

the fire might be easy to get rid of. But wouldn't that be too unoriginal? I'm using just a generic background, not a model so its easy to repaint

What you're doing is sensational, Ekmek. Please could you do a version of Gandhi without the glasses? It would be so useful for ancient mods (like mine!) as the clothes and background are already perfect...just need to get rid of those darned glasses ;)!

He might needs to lose the 'stache too unless he's sporting it for Movember.

What you're doing is sensational, Ekmek. Please could you do a version of Gandhi without the glasses? It would be so useful for ancient mods (like mine!) as the clothes and background are already perfect...just need to get rid of those darned glasses ;)!

Man, that Gandhi is a messed up model! Half his nose and lips are cut out as separate objects on his face. Then his body is chopped up in a bunch of places. I haven't seen that on other civ5 or civ4 leaders.

But I got the glasses off and the transparency of the mustache so it should be easier to retexture. I included the new model mapped to all the current textures. I also included 3 DDS extracts that you can retexture and then using nexusbuddy you can assign them in the materials section.

I haven't tested it in game so please post any issues (with screenshots). snap shot of what I can import and export. I know you don't work with blender so if you want something in a format you can work with then export to something I can import then make in to gr2 I can give it a shot. But I think you should try blender its pretty easy to use (yeah, yeah I've been doing it for 7 years but still)
Also I attached a

Attachments

• Gandhi_NG.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 137
  • imp_exp.jpg
    imp_exp.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 232
Love it! Can't wait to try it out!

AWESOME. And IMHO Tomatekh's Mali is one of the highest quality mod civs, now it will be perfect :)

Are you going to do more leader models?

Your leader scenes are really great, Ekmek! May I ask you a question? It is possible to only change the background of an existent leader scene? You know, since there are a lot of dull backgrounds (Oda's Windows XP for example), I though that it would be nice to try making alternatives. If that is simple to do, I'd like to learn; if it is difficult would you like to try it when you have time?
Here I attach my try for a new Japanese background, and a mockup of the result

Attachments

• New_Jap.jpg
    New_Jap.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 460
  • New_Oda.jpg
    New_Oda.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 535
Oh, I'll try to see if I'm able to pull it off. Thanks for the tip ;D

EDIT: I've tried. All that I get is Japan to have my new fallback image (so static leader)...but also all the other leaders become static. Even unloading the mod keeps firaxis leaders static. If I close the game and restart, they return to be animated. I don't know what to do. I hope you can help. I attach the project here. Thanks

Attachments

• New Oda Background.zip
    8 MB · Views: 120
I'm gonna sound so stupid, and I'm probably wrong. Are these animated, or static images. I know they're probably Static, but I just want to be sure.

If you want a static Oda while keeping all the other leaders animated, you can use XML to make a new scene with Oda in it (something along the lines of the second picture you posted) and then use <Update> tags to change the path that the game uses to find Oda's leader scene. It won't give you a proper animated Oda, but it won't make all the other leaders static.

@Homusubi Thanks fo the tip, but my goal was to make a New animated Oda using Firaxis' Oda and Ekmek's Mansa Musa background, changed to a japanese enchampment, and a new static one as fallback for low resolutions etc. Still I don't understand where I went wrong with the mod

When I found that topic for the first time, I loved that despite I thought that those leaders are NOT animated, anyway I have found that images cool ;D

And then I have launched a game with that mod, and when I met Mansa Musa I was SHOCKED and IN GREAT AWE. :lol:

Ekmek, honestly, I didn't believe this would be possible... Now, if you'll manage to find out how the whole leader-editing works, I might become an active modder again, just like in the Civ IV days!

Ekmek, honestly, I didn't believe this would be possible... Now, if you'll manage to find out how the whole leader-editing works, I might become an active modder again, just like in the Civ IV days!

leader-editing? like personalities?

I got it in game and its actually a lot like civ4 leader modding.

Top Bottom