Prerelease Civ5 Demo Confirmed

Some people are crazy enough to not like to be told they must to this or else. Count me on that list. Steam good or bad, I have no knowledge. I do know I must use them them or not play Civ 5.

Giving how little I got out of civ4, not playing is not a big deal. I am just cantererous enough to get my dander up, when I have to pay and then they tell me what I can do. That barely works for me, when I am being paid and not at all, if I am coughing up the money.

Steam takes a couple minutes to get up and running and then you don't need to worry about it anymore, it just sits on your system tray. You don't have to run your games from it, you can still use shortcuts on your desktop. You don't need a persistent internet connection to play, ever. I don't see how this is different from old games that use to require gamespy in order to play online, except that steam is much better.

Why don't you actually install it and find some bargain games to install and try it out before you criticize something you have no knowledge of? I've used it since Half Life 2 came out 6 years ago and I love it: I wish I had bought Civ5 off steam instead of D2D, since they can sometimes "pre-download" a game before release date, so that you can play it the moment it unlocks.

Top Bottom