• Civinator – Rise and Rule Revisited

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Theov – Expanding Civ 3

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balthasar

Wise Man

Welcome to the C3CC&C form's Mod/Scenario of the Year Competition!

The Mod or Scenario of the Year competition was added to the End of the Year contests in 2012, and has been won by Hegemon! Of the Classical Greek World! by Rambuchan & Vuldacon (2012), Samurai Invasion of Korea by Big Bopper (2013), and Tides of Crimson v. 10 by haluu (2014). Which modder will grab the prize this year? Our nominees for Mod or Scenario of the Year 2015 are:

Big Bopper - Age of Heroes 2

Previous M/SoY winner Big Bopper is back with this ambitious scenario set in the ancient world of Hittites, Canaanites, and Assyrians. The Beautiful graphic package includes a "Pantheon" spaceship victory.

Nathiri - Thel Realmea ei Nelthelrinae

Nathiri returns to the M/SoY contest with a very inventive scenario set in the fictional Realm of Nelthelrin. The mod includes a custom map, custom tech trees, custom wonders, governments, buildings, resources and more.

jjslocum – 1934 and Beyond...

Newcomer jjslocum enters the contest with a "What if?" scenario that begins a few years before the second world war. This ambitious scenario built mostly on rules changes begins with 30 civs on the map, but jj assures fans that despite the 'wicked slow' initial loading time, game play is 'surprisingly fast'.

Civinator – Rise and Rule Revisited

Master mod maker Civinator describes this as a "mod-mod of the great epic mods Rise And Rule (=RAR), and Double Your Pleasure (=DYP)". "The main focus [is] laid on a big graphical update of RAR", he says, and delivers with dozens of new units, and graphic changes ranging from a new interface to re-worked resources and a tech tree packed chock-full of techs.

Theov – Expanding Civ 3

Mod maker Theov describes Expanding Civilization thusly: "I've added Elephant units, Pirate Ships, Techs, in my opinion the best popheads available, Great and Small Wonders, more resources, Austrians as a playable civilization, better barbarians; all while keeping the playability of the game intact." He adds: "This is how I play Civ3 nowadays."

BUT DON'T TAKE MY WORD ON IT. Please click on all the links and familiarize yourself with all these mods before voting! You have some time; kick the tires...

Good luck to all of our nominees!

For links to all of the End of the Year contests visit the End of the Year Competitions Main Thread

Hmm, looks like I have some downloading to do. I do like Theov's Mod, but that is the only one that I have downloaded and played.

Congratulations, Big Bopper! You've again won the Mod/Scenario of the Year 2015 for your excellent Mod Age of Heroes 2! It will be listed among the winners from previous years in the Competitions Hall of Fame.

There were several outstanding mods in the contest this year, and we thank all of these Modders for taking the time and effort to create them! See you all next year!

Top Bottom